• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I'm getting tired of seeing a topic for every single character in Melee asking if they will return.

We've got absolutely NO idea who will return.

So I made this topic. Talk about who should return, and why.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
All the characters who are confirmed are the only characters returning.

homsar

Smash Ace
The only characters I wont mind leaving are Roy, Falco and Pichu. (I still love pichu, he just doesnt need to be in it). But the ones that HAVE to return are the original 12 and all the starters in melee.

Albert Anastasia

Smash Apprentice
Lol, I'm sorry, I have to laugh at DX for being so crude and relentless, even while being banned. Such audacity people have these days.

But let's see...I'm sure we can count on, more or less, the foundation characters of Super Smash Brothers to return, with the exception of Ness. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think a lot of people liked his performance in SSBM, and maybe Nintendo'll respond to that by either working a lot with him, or dumping him entirely.

Albert Anastasia

Smash Apprentice
If they could return him to his original state, I'd love to see him in the new game. But if Nintendo keeps him the way he is now, I'd rather him not be included at all, rather than having a once-amazing character ruined. :/

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
I would prefer that ness just gets removed. He wasn't that popular in melee. To be honest, with myself, he will most likely still be in brawl due to his originality. The only people that might not return are Pichu, G&W, Doc, and Roy (even though I am starting to like Roy)

D

Deleted member

Heavens Punisher said:
Poetic justice?

Anways, most of the clones should return. I hope Roy and Falco can at least, if only because they were reasonably popular characters. I know Roy was put in purely for advertising, but he's almost a part of the fabric of the game. For newbs, SSBM = Roy.

Maybe updates could be released after the game comes out containing old characters.

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
We can guarantee that the original 12 from SSB64 will be returning- having any one of those guys removed is just plain stupid.

Anyone with a unique moveset or can be given a unique or Luigified moveset might return or not. Some clone characters, such as Dr. Mario, Pichu, and Roy will get the boot.

Those that will return could be reworked or modified.

Here's who I believe who should return. Any needed modifications are in parenthesis:

Mario
Link
Kirby
Pikachu
DK
Yoshi
Fox
Samus (We know her modification- her transformation to Zamus under certain conditions.)
Jigglypuff (A tiny bit more running speed.)
C. Falcon
Luigi
Ness (As Marshigo stated, Ness needs to be the way he was in SSB64.)
Peach
Bowser
Ice Climbers
Zelda
Marth (Sweetspot should be extended only a tiny bit- abut the size of a small triangle on Falchion)
Mewtwo (Bit more weight wouldn't hurt)
Ganondorf (Needs a unique moveset)
Falco (Either a unique or Luigifed moveset)

Albert Anastasia

Smash Apprentice
I was actually hoping Mr. Game & Watch would be included in that.

To be totally honest, I originally thought he was a waste when I unlocked him. But after trying him out, I found that he was not only pretty original, but useful and funny. It pisses my friends off every time I chuck a sausage at them, and then pull the 9 from Judge to K.O. them. Not only is he the start of Nintendo's greatness, but his uniqueness, I feel, has been rivaled by none in SSBM.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
I think all the non-clone characters will return. Most likely Doc and Pichu will not return. I'm pretty sure if Roy doesn't, he'll be replaced by another Fire Emblem character. I also think the rest of the clones will get their own movesets and stay. As long as their's a lot more characters than last time, I'll be happy (pending a select few don't get taken out, which I know won't happen).

icymatt

Smash Lord
I'd say the rest of the original 12 are very, very likely. They all represent the various major franchises of Nintendo's history.

Out of the Melee-added characters, I'd say Peach, Bowser, Zelda, Ganondorf, Marth, and Mewtwo are likely to return, as they are all major and original characters.

Here is what I think is the order of who could be cut, starting with the most likely:

1. Dr.Mario
2. Young Link
3. Roy
4. Pichu
5. Ice Climbers
6. Sheik
7. Mr.Game&Watch
8. Falco

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Magar made another account, he's such an idiot.

Jiggs doesn't need run speed. Marth's sweetspot should be extended? I don't agree with that either, other than that though, I agree with the modifications.

Albert Anastasia

Smash Apprentice
Amen to Mewtwo, Hyper. I was highly disappointed with him when I finally came around to getting him unlocked. After all the trouble of finally accessing him, the thing turned out to be a sham. I spent more time making fun of his tail, and how it looked like a certain male organ instead of actually playing as him.

GenG

Smash Lord
Sure Returnings:
- Mario
- Link
- Pikachu
- Kirby
- Samus
- Luigi
- Peach
- Bowser
- Yoshi
- DK
- Captain Falcon
- Fox
- Zelda
- Ganondorf
- Jigglypuff
- Mewtwo
- Marth

May not return:
- Ice Climbers
- Ness
- Mr G&W
- Roy
- Falco

Won't return:
- Pichu
- Dr Mario

This is like a lottery, some have more chances than others. I don't know what will happen to the retro-obscure characters, as well the clones, but I'm pretty sure that Pichu and Doc shouldn't stay.

kaid

Smash Master
As a Mewtwo player, the only things M2 REALLY need is a better <B, jab, Dair, and weight. Everything else is usable, if you know how.

icymatt

Smash Lord
Albert Anastasia said:
Mewtwo was more or less a clone of Samus, so if anything, he should be pitted along with Pichu and Dr. Mario.
Why? Because he has a chargeable B attack? That's not good logic.

Albert Anastasia

Smash Apprentice
Not only the chargeable B attack, but all of his B moves. Maybe you should play the character more and see for yourself.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
B moves doesn't mean success, look at Sheik. She has possibly the worst B moves in the game and she's still considered one of the best.

Albert Anastasia

Smash Apprentice
Mewtwo didn't have any relatively strong A-moves, either. I never saw him as a potent force in the Smash Brothers world.

kaid

Smash Master
Albert Anastasia said:
Not only the chargeable B attack, but all of his B moves. Maybe you should play the character more and see for yourself.
Teleport=/= screw attack
Confusion=/= Missile
Disable=/= Bomb.

And you still han't answered my question?

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
I think everyone shouldreturn but pichu, roy, mewtwo, young link, dr mario, peach, and sheik.
I say peach even though she is a great fighter, she just isnt needed. same for sheik scince all the characters will be there current self i dont think zelda needa to be sheik anymore.
As for the ness debate he was just fine in melee, people kick more *** with melee ness then anyother character.
as for G&W to me he is one of the best characters and he is to important to nintendo to get rid of just because everyone thinks he is dumb. Same for the ice climbers.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Mewtwo should not be cut. Mewtwo is a great character. He just needs to be rehauled so that he's... you know... good. But he shouldn't be cut.

smashbros=fun

Smash Apprentice
I would say all of the 25 characters in SSBM were good. The bottom three to me are Pichu, Dr. Mario, and Mewtwo.

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
McFox said:
Mewtwo should not be cut. Mewtwo is a great character. He just needs to be rehauled so that he's... you know... good. But he shouldn't be cut.
Yeah i probaly would like him more if he didn't suck in melee. well mewtwo was good at times. I rather have mewoth or Lucario

Top Bottom