• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
so is there probably going to be some new characters announced at the official site pretty soon or what?
Yes tappy. Go to smashbros.com and all will be revealed.
Like your sig and hope we can see that match.(if you want to argue about it, you know where to do it)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
**** son, that looks like a challenge. If there was ever a time that "it" was "on"... IT'S DEFINITELY ON NOW! Although I doubt Shadow will make it. Sonic should, but they wouldn't put 2 characters from the same 3rd party franchise in Brawl. Maybe the next Smash? Hopefully. I'd love to see that one.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Cloud only had a camo apperance in a nintendo console, a CAMEO, and the console was a handheld, come on, cloud is uber pwnage, but it wont happen...

tappy

Smash Ace
i know that he most likely wont make it but imo, he should have been in instead of snake. to me, he seems like a better character for smash than snake..

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
i know that he most likely wont make it but imo, he should have been in instead of snake. to me, he seems like a better character for smash than snake..
IMO, you're absolutely right. He has more of that "fantasy" characteristic behind him. A lot of the characters are very unrealistic. This goes for all characters basically except for Fire Emblem characters (and they still have a touch of unrealism to them). This "fantasy" tie makes Cloud much easier to fit in the cast than Snake. Snake, IMO, is a bit too serious for this game. HOWEVER, I love Snake! Snake is awesome! Snake can do no wrong! Snake can divide by zero! Snake can cure cancer with his tears! (Too bad Snake never cries!)

Fingers crossed for Snake's Super Smash move being a jugular slice!

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
It would be cool to see Cloud, but unfortanetly has a 0% chance of getting in especially that he isn't on any Nintendo game(excluding KH on GBA)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It would be cool to see Cloud, but unfortanetly has a 0% chance of getting in especially that he isn't on any Nintendo game(excluding KH on GBA)
Can stop talking abut Cloud and depressing me that he has no chance watsoever! :( :mad: Ahh well, Snake is gonna own, Snake, Megaman, and Sonic are my 3 most desired 3rd party characters, and it looks like I'll be getting Sonic.

Megaman has a chance, but so does Geno (who I also like, and could be in as well), but Snake too realistic=? I can bet money Sakurai is gonna make him unrealistic, and make him awsomely unrealistic! All Snake needs is a sick third jump!

Originally Posted by X-x-Dyce-x-X
**** son, that looks like a challenge. If there was ever a time that "it" was "on"... IT'S DEFINITELY ON NOW! Although I doubt Shadow will make it. Sonic should, but they wouldn't put 2 characters from the same 3rd party franchise in Brawl. Maybe the next Smash? Hopefully. I'd love to see that one.
Shadow shouldn't be in SSBB, and probably won't be in anyways. Shadow's got next to no chance at making it into SSBB, because Nintendo doesn't want to favor one third party heavily over another, now do they=? Bad bussiness, besides, there are way more wanted and way better 3rd party characters to choose from. Sonic, on the other hand won't surprise me if he's in. Seriously, that Mario & Sonic at the Olympic games pretty much makes Sonic a guarentee.

Sonic and Mario together in a game staring them has already officially froze hell over, so Sonic being playable in SSBB is nothing! :) As for Shadow in the next Smash, nah, Nintendo can find better! (Knuckles, maybe=?, and then Cloud :) )

kma23

Smash Apprentice
I want these 3rd party guys
1.sonic(guaranteed)
2.sora(low chance) or riku(him before sora)
3.Megaman from megaman ZX(wit alternate costumes with different abilities each costume

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
2's not gonna happen since they both belong to disney
and why the hell are you gonna have a poser instead of the real deal. ZX star human that basically cosplay as X or Zero. Hell, i'd rather have Dr Wily in before some nutjob cosplayer. THe original megs is real likely though, as it should be

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
and why the hell are you gonna have a poser instead of the real deal. ZX star human that basically cosplay as X or Zero. Hell, i'd rather have Dr Wily in before some nutjob cosplayer. THe original megs is real likely though, as it should be
Maybe kma23's Megaman ZX idea as a alternate costume for the true Blue Bomber, the real and original Megaman! :)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Wouldn't like 95% of the boards be totally demolished if Sonic DIDN'T make it in? Haha I was just thinking... everyone says he's a shoe-in but do we really know that? Who are we to say?

Sora's not making it. He would be good for the genre, but it's not happening. And Riku has way less of a chance. If they were to put someone in, they wouldn't put the supporting character in over the star.

If Megaman makes it, he'll be (like C-B said) the original blue bomber, he has to be. That was the one that put him on the map and that was the one that debuted to the world... solely on NES! I'd say Megaman has reeeeeeeeeeeally good odds.

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
I honestly think it would be hilarious if SEGA's entry ended up being Nights, especially considering it could act as advertising for his new game on the Wii

As for alternate suits for megs, I'd rather they be taken up by unarmored X, the Captain N version, and A protoman recolor

Sonic could easily have super sonic, metal sonic, and maybe shadow as alts.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Wouldn't like 95% of the boards be totally demolished if Sonic DIDN'T make it in? Haha I was just thinking... everyone says he's a shoe-in but do we really know that? Who are we to say?

Sora's not making it. He would be good for the genre, but it's not happening. And Riku has way less of a chance. If they were to put someone in, they wouldn't put the supporting character in over the star.

If Megaman makes it, he'll be (like C-B said) the original blue bomber, he has to be. That was the one that put him on the map and that was the one that debuted to the world... solely on NES! I'd say Megaman has reeeeeeeeeeeally good odds.
Stop depressing me that Sora, Riku, and Cloud won't make it. Can we start talking about likely or at least a lot more likely characters now, versus ones I like that have less than !% chance...

Now for Megaman, who knows, Megaman will obviously be the classic and original Blue Bomber. But there are tons upon tons of alternate costume possiblities with Megaman! :)

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I'd like to remind everyone that there's no indication (other than all the rampnat fanboys on sites like this) that Sonic will be put in. And NiGHTS, I think, is too obscure, and he doesn't seem like Smash material to me anyhoo.

As for Megaman...well, personally I'd rather Viewtiful Joe, but...anyway, he'd definitely get a makeover for Smash. His original games are outdated, the Battle Network games are crap, and the last X game I played was that horrible excuse for an RPG: Command Mission. Personally I'd prefer the X version. Actually, I'd prefer Zero.

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
Last time i heard sora, riku were in kingdom hearts 2 and isn't that a ps2 game? I support sonic all the way but if hes not gonna be in it oh well what can u do :(

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'd like to remind everyone that there's no indication (other than all the rampnat fanboys on sites like this) that Sonic will be put in. And NiGHTS, I think, is too obscure, and he doesn't seem like Smash material to me anyhoo.

As for Megaman...well, personally I'd rather Viewtiful Joe, but...anyway, he'd definitely get a makeover for Smash. His original games are outdated, the Battle Network games are crap, and the last X game I played was that horrible excuse for an RPG: Command Mission. Personally I'd prefer the X version. Actually, I'd prefer Zero.
Sakurai and Miyamoto have show intrest in adding Sonic, and said he was the most desired 3rd party character. Plus IMO that Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games shows anything can happen, and probably raised Sonic's chances.

Viewful Joe...well as much as I like him, his overpopularity killed him. Man, this thread keeps depressing me, lol! Man, no Cloud, Viewful Joe, Sora, or Riku=O well...

Hey, I liked the Battle Network games (1-3 at least), and that Command Mission was crap. But most of the other X games were good (the ones I've played at least=1, 2, 3, 8). Maybe Zero and X as alternate costumes, but it is all about the original Blue Bomber himself! :)

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Oh yeah, I forgot about that Shiggy stuff. Okay, I take it back.

But VJ? OVERpopular!? He's about as niche and hardcore as they come, and I really think he's a cooler character than Megaman. All Mega has over him is the legacy factor. Also, the BN games are cruddy attempts to fuse Ogre Tacticts with Pokemon. They shame Megaman.

kma23

Smash Apprentice
1. sonic(guarenteed)
2. megaman (maybe)

everyone else can be added as third party online brawl updates (hopefully a pokemon trainer will be playable also).

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere where it's not quite hot, but not quite
first off, they aren't basically humans that cosplay as x or zero, because, if you were paying attention to the story, or researching for that matter, then you'd know that zero from zx is the real zero, and x from zx is still x, they just look different because of some changes that had been done in the world, whatever, i can't explain it properly, just research it on wikipedia man...
(they aint poserz dammit!)

kma23

Smash Apprentice
they were turned bio metals(metals that fuse with humans to unleash full power)X zero and all major reploids are dead and only exist through these also i suggest zx's megaman cause well it is a new series which has a developing sequel and seemed like a better choice than megaman from star force (basically a DS version of battle network)and cause he seemed more smash oriented(he can change forms for his b moves and etc) also if doing a Kirby thing with megaman(original) where he take the opponents abilities after you kill them once is a stupid thing to and megaman could easily to variable for his own good(too variable=cheap) so having a megaman human isn't bad at all cause well he wont be all getting Kirby with it , and it could be a great promotion for capcom's next game in the series.

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
first off, they aren't basically humans that cosplay as x or zero, because, if you were paying attention to the story, or researching for that matter, then you'd know that zero from zx is the real zero, and x from zx is still x, they just look different because of some changes that had been done in the world, whatever, i can't explain it properly, just research it on wikipedia man...
(they aint poserz dammit!)
Meh, close enough to posers anyways. Even so, X and Zero should not, in any way shape or form be in before the original.

they were turned bio metals(metals that fuse with humans to unleash full power)X zero and all major reploids are dead and only exist through these also i suggest zx's megaman cause well it is a new series which has a developing sequel and seemed like a better choice than megaman from star force (basically a DS version of battle network)and cause he seemed more smash oriented(he can change forms for his b moves and etc) also if doing a Kirby thing with megaman(original) where he take the opponents abilities after you kill them once is a stupid thing to and megaman could easily to variable for his own good(too variable=cheap) so having a megaman human isn't bad at all cause well he wont be all getting Kirby with it , and it could be a great promotion for capcom's next game in the series.
I'm pretty sure if Capcom gets repped, it's gonna be by their original blue poster boy. The original also has more history with nintendo since he's had around 6 games on the nintendo, ditto for the SNES, eight-teh for the various gameboys, and three arcade fighting stints (Two megaman fighting games, and MvC) which were probably ported over in japan.

The original's copy ability would make him no more cheap then your poser X/Zero?whatever. And if i'm understanding you correctly, he'd either have seperate movesets for his forms, or all the moves hodgepodged topgether for a moveset. Switching forms for poser X wouild essaentially make him a new shiek, and Shiek is the easiest, and cheapest, character to use. Also even if you were to take Just megaman's fighting appearences, you'd already have a decent moveset without his weapon copy ability.

DEpending on how they work the moveset, Megs could have his smashes and other A moves be tottally derived from his fighting ventures, and either leave the weapon cpoy on his neutral B (filling the rest with the Master weapons he recieves in the numerous games that have appeared on a nintendo Console) or just use the compy weapon for his B moves anyway. Hell, if they felt like it they could just derive the B moves from his animated Stints (Captain N, that horrid cartoon from the 90's).

Plus, if ZX was already recieved well, they don't need the extra promotion.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Whats With All The Quoting!
Talking to me? I like to quote because my visits to this site are not-so-frequent, and this way everyone knows what I'm talking about or who I'm talking with.

Thats a stupid reason IMO, but I won't give my opinion here because I don't care about any Brawl charactes except the space animals.
You just did give your opinion.

I'm hoping for Falco to make a return and Wolf and Krystal to be added, there is just so much potential for Krystal's Staff.
I doubt Krystal's chances of making Brawl. Not that she wouldn't make a cool character, but she doesn't actually use her staff in Adventures, unless I missed something. I don't have any extent of knowledge on the other Starfox games, so if Krystal uses her staff in any other game, she has a good chance. If not, then we can only wait.

All this talk about Megaman when we all know that Vietiful Joe is way cooler. I would like to see how they would make his SFX powers work though.
Megaman is more well known, so as (un)fair as it might be, whatever your opinion, his chances are greater than that of VJ, at least as a third party character. With such a short list of available third party characters, Nintendo won't give away the spot to someone gamers have never heard of. Yes, G&W wasn't well known, but he wasn't third party either. Only popular characters should get in as third party entries.

Summation of previous five pages:

1) Underaged users here are attempting to attract pedophiles by freely giving out their ages.
2) Sonic alsed the "Requested Characters for Brawl" list.
3) Cloud > Snake

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere where it's not quite hot, but not quite
actually x and zero didn't die, they went into a long sleep-like state and were weakened over time, and upgraded to be sleeker (spelling?) and more "ninja" like, because they're older and clunkier designs just weren't any match for the newer villains they had to face, believe it or not, and plus, it'd be a little weird to see those large legs and arms swinging around and walking. so if i had to choose any design for megaman/rockman or zero, it'd have to be the look from rockman 8 (not x8) or theone from battle network/legends, and the zero from megaman zero.

(YAY FOR LEGENDS!)

Top Bottom