• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Rhyme

Smash Lord
It will be interesting to see what capabilities Metaknight's cloak has. The cape reflected a projectile and made MK invisible in the trailer, but when he moved he became visible. Maybe the cape is something like Mewtwo's confusion, send projectiles away and turn invisible while stationary. If that were the case, all it would be used for is blocking projectile spam, because if it were given any type of "shinespiking" function it would be broken.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai explained the basics of the cape when Metaknight is introduced in the developer's blog. Same goes for Wario's fart attack and Zamus' transformation; information like this should already be finalized, and we're all dieing to know.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
But with the names though, if your invisible, your name's still pointing at you which makes you practicley more visible than you already are!
But have you ever played in a match with multiple people? You lose yourself sometimes in big explosions or smashes or awkward connections at close quarters you think you're another character, maybe the one flying off to the right, and you hold left to recover, but really you were the guy flying to the left, and you made the situation worse for yourself? Names help. Same with the cloaking device. You lose yourself once in a while, even when you're just walking or jumping. It happens, and that's why I love nametags.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai explained the basics of the cape when Metaknight is introduced in the developer's blog. Same goes for Wario's fart attack and Zamus' transformation; information like this should already be finalized, and we're all dieing to know.
All I want... is to know how Samus becomes Zamus. Then I'm happy.

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
Pichu, Dr. Mario and Young Link are definately not returning because they're exactly the same as Pikachu, Mario, and Link respectively.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
Pichu, Dr. Mario and Young Link are definately not returning because they're exactly the same as Pikachu, Mario, and Link respectively.
they're not EXACTLY the same. their differences are no greater than those of ganon and falco to capt. falcon and fox respectively. you cant just write off 3 characters you dont like for a reason that effectively rules out another 2.

having said that, i hope you're right cos i didnt really like those additions and ganon rocked. im not fussed about falco but he seems pretty popular, so he'll prolly make it too. i sure hope he gets that rocket launcher from assault tho.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
If any clone characters stay I really hope they are either revamped or more different from their counterparts.

I am also hoping that, in the end, we get a cool shot of all the characters like we got for Melee. You know, the one with Luigi going all RPG in the background.

Wrath`

Smash Master
i hope the arrows kill fox up b,links didnot,so i hope pits does

plus if they are fast,you could edgegusrd from a distance

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
i hope the arrows kill fox up b,links didnot,so i hope pits does

plus if they are fast,you could edgegusrd from a distance
... what the hel does that even say?

Well, what I want to see is another projectile move that ignores Fox's and Falco's reflector. I love seeing them put in their places and being knocked down a few notches. Falco's my dawg, but even he sometimes needs a reality check.

Kriegsseele

Smash Apprentice
Mhm, I'm back I guess.

First of all ... yay, I'm kinda back I think. Haven't been on the forums for a LOOOOOOOOOOONG time, but uh, I doubt you guys will still remember me. ;P

Now, to get back to the topic ... I've seen many people saying "Ice Climbers out" - now I ask you:

Why?

Why would Nintendo throw out such an unique character out of the game? I don't think the Ice Climbers had their first and last 3D-appearance on SSBM.

Well, to the other characters... we don't know who'll return and who won't return. All we can do is guess, pray and hope.

Personally, I'm hoping (and actually praying as well) that Marth will return to Brawl.
I see no reason why they should replace / remove him, since he's the original Fire Emblem Character. He's like Mario, or, let's say, Link.

To the clones... it's true, Ganondorf, Roy etc. are clones of other characters. But hey, they gave Luigi a "kind of original" moveset in SSBM, too.
Why not give Ganondorf his sword and make him like, e.g. Nightmare from Soul Calibur? Hey, they wouldn't have to throw him out at least, then.

But, like I said:

All we can do is hope, pray and wait.

~ SaHi Atsu

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Word. I can't freaking wait to see the rest of this line-up! Come on Sakurai! No more games! Give us everything NOW!
New game modes - newcoming character - no mindgames - more confirmed returning characters - new stages - new items - no gimping out on developer's blog - release date - third party character - Yoshi/DK/Ness - STOP!

It's all a game Dyce.:laugh: After we got Mario and Link in a single update, I thought Sakurai was making an honest effort and giving us as much as possible with each update. However, I lost a bit of faith after we got only two "Special Moves" of a single character.

First of all ... yay, I'm kinda back I think. Haven't been on the forums for a LOOOOOOOOOOONG time, but uh, I doubt you guys will still remember me. ;P

All we can do is hope, pray and wait.

~ SaHi Atsu
Heh, yes you have been gone for a while. Those discussions were so two months ago.:p Just playin'.

We've already agreed upon most of what you've said; ICies don't deserve to go, Gannon should get the Sages Sword, some clones deserve to be Luigified (Falco, Gannondorf, Y. Link), Roy should be replaced, blah blah blah.

Pray and wait you may, shall I, not.

... what the hel does that even say?

Well, what I want to see is another projectile move that ignores Fox's and Falco's reflector. I love seeing them put in their places and being knocked down a few notches. Falco's my dawg, but even he sometimes needs a reality check.
What projectile in Melee doesn't ignore the shine? I've racked my brain and can't think of a single one.

Also, what I think Koarin meant was: Pit's arrows having high enough priority to knock Fox/Falco out of their upB. Like how Shiek's needles would penetrate, but Link's arrows wouldn't.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
What projectile in Melee doesn't ignore the shine? I've racked my brain and can't think of a single one.

Also, what I think Koarin meant was: Pit's arrows having high enough priority to knock Fox/Falco out of their upB. Like how Shiek's needles would penetrate, but Link's arrows wouldn't.
Well there are some items that negate the shine. There's the stars from the Star Rod, the dust from Lip's Stick, I think the Fan does too. And if you want to count it, I think Zelda's Din's Fire move negates the shield. We need another character to shut down the near-impenitrable defense that Fox has. He's too smug. He's starting to get cocky.

Come back looking adorable, eh? Think you can take me out looking like a teddybear? Take THIS! (~bwamo~ arrow in his face)

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I don't expect to see anything new other than moves for confirmed characters until a month before the game's release. I just can't see Sakurai revealing everything long before we even know the release date.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
I got the July 2007 Nintendo Power today and theirs NO SMASH FILES!!! THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END! TOMORROW, MONKEYS WILL COME TO EVERYONES HOUSE AND EAT ALL THE CHILDREN! WATER WILL TURN TO SAND! MICHEAL JACKSON WILL BECOME STRAIGHT!

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Well, you could be a gay pedophile or a straight pedophile.
MJ being the former.

Aaaaaaaaanyway... I'm just looking forward to our update tomorrow. I hope we don't get something pointless or small. Pointless as in, say, moves for Mario and Link. And small as in, something like, an item.
Actualy, I wouldn't mind a new item.
Actually, I don't know what I want.
Actually, I do know what I want.
I want Brawl.

tappy

Smash Ace
X-x-Dyce-x-X said:
Maybe if they show what they changed in Mario AND Link, I'll be satisfied. Like if they made certain moves faster or stronger.

yea, that's what i mean;) i really hope that link's arrows will have improved cause u gotta admit they really sucked in melee. they shoot too slow and the damage to the opponent isn't even worth it. (most of the time)

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
X-x-Dyce-x-X said:
Maybe if they show what they changed in Mario AND Link, I'll be satisfied. Like if they made certain moves faster or stronger.
Somehow I doubt future updates will consist of "X move now has 0.14 seconds of lag added on toit, to balance it's power". We might get a kick out of that, but that's not the sort of thing that really builds hype, y'know?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Somehow I doubt future updates will consist of "X move now has 0.14 seconds of lag added on toit, to balance it's power". We might get a kick out of that, but that's not the sort of thing that really builds hype, y'know?
Well I don't want that now. Like when all new things are said and done (complete character lineup, list of all new and old items, complete stage list, etc.), then give us that.
And no, I don't expect Sakurai to say: "Well Mario's fireball now has a hitbox radius of 0.75cm as opposed to Melee where they had a radius of 0.65cm. Exciting!" I expect something like: "Since we've taken out Doctor Mario, we didn't want to disappoint his fans entirely so we took some of the better points from him and gave them to Mario." Then show some images of Melee vs. Brawl attacks, showing us the difference; OR maybe some clips!

EDIT:
Well, now we know it's not called "Super Smash" (as much as I liked that name). The attack in general is called a "Final Smash" (which is pretty cool too), the "Smash Emblem" is actually called the "Smash Ball" (ummm... that's kinda dumb, but whatever), and Mario's Final Smash will be called "Mario's Finale" (but I'm sure the boards will come up with a clever nickname for that one, and everyone else's).

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
nah how about Mario's FireRage Finale or Mario's Fireball Outrage Finale

**EDIT** I think the only one who should return out of those four is Mr. Game&Watch because of his unique moveset and wasn't that bad of a characters, I could see him and only him out of those four.

Top Bottom