• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Vali

Smash Ace
I still thought Fawriel's idea of "Hanabi" was clever. Shorter to say than "Mario's Fireball Outrage Finale" at least ;p.

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
"Doc Mario and Pichu are gone (bad characters), and Ice Climbers (too cheap) and Mr. G&W (sadly) are gone." - x-x-Dyce-x-x

What makes you so sure, Dyce? How does anyone realy know how popular certain characters are? Many people say ____ is a crappy/unpopular character, but when you go over to the next town, there is another circle of people who totally love the character, clone or not.

Granted, I would love to see the clones tweaked so that they have their own movesets, and I wouldn't be surprised if some of them are taken out completely. I have a feeling, though, that they will try to limit the amount of characters not returning from Melee since so many people are so attatched to the roster as is.

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
DynamicDuo, i would also love to see that happen, but that would mean 50 characters, and Sakurai already stated that there would be about 40. i, for one, feel optimistic about not including every Melee character though. I am curious as to what opportunity it will give for new additions to Smash Bros.

I just pray that neither Daisy nor Waluigi are in it. This isn't freaking Mario Party 27, after all.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mario's Final Smash should've been called Mario Inferno! >_<

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
All the awesome people want him. ;) Pfft, the losers dunno what their missing.

MasterGary

Smash Ace
Well I don't realy like the name that Mario's Final Smash has but it will have to do untill they change the name like they did with the relfector and turned it into the shine.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah Chief thats what I was thinking actually, just naming the move "_____ finale" just doesnt work, im hoping for Triforce slash, or someting...

Red Exodus

Smash Master
This topic sucks, you know you've run out of topics when you're arguing over final smash names.

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
This topic sucks, you know you've run out of topics when you're arguing over final smash names.
agreed. So I want to know, what kinds of smash moves do you think a still unannounced returning character may have? I wonder if DK starts throwing barrels or something ridiculous hahaha. I could see luigi pulling out a vaccuum or something dumb like that too.
Also, do you think fludd will be an item in SSBB? I wouldn't be surprised if it is, whether or not I think its a good idea.

oh, btw, i think K. Rool would be a good addition also, as well as Diddy. Maybe not both, though, that might be too much?

tappy

Smash Ace
oh, btw, i think K. Rool would be a good addition also, as well as Diddy. Maybe not both, though, that might be too much?
dont forget, this thread is about characters returning from melee. not new people.

anyways, i dont think that link will have different attacks becuse all of his moves look very similar to his melee moves. for link what i'm really hoping for, is that his arrows will be able to shoot faster and maybe do more damage. they really suck in melee and most link users dont even bother using them so hopefully that will change in brawl.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Lol, the Mario Final Smash, hope Link's is called Trifforce Rage, or something awsome like that. I have a feeling we'll get a smash ball (odd name, why not smash emblem or something like that) attack for another character later in the week. Lol, love how Sakurai keeps disproving everyone's update predictions. Noone can ever figure this guy out, o well just as long as Brawl is as good or better than Melee I'll be wayyyyy more than happy!

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
so far, my schedule has held up, it will tomorrow if we get two smash veterans. it will on thursday if there's an Item, and it will on Friday if there's a newcomer...

I want DK confirmed, but we'll get someone, and most likely samus tomorrow
THe smash ball will probably be thursday
Snake or Zamus on friday

but I want Dk officially confirmed NOW!

RT0512

Smash Rookie
I think that if Brawl has the capabilities to include all of the original characters from Melee plus a decent amount of unlockable characters, that should be the way to go. Those who have played at least Melee may have a favorite, maybe not. I bet, though, that every Melee character is someone's favorite to play as or is their best character. Sure, modifications may have to be made, but I wouldn't want any cuts to take place. That's one of the many reasons Melee is so popular: it included all of the characters from the N64 game plus tons more as well. I think Brawl should follow the same path.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm going to be totally wrong about this, but let me try to predict the rest of the week.

Tomorrow: Kirby and Pikachu
Thursday: Link's Final Smash
Friday: Meta Knight

I have this feeling I'm going to be totally wrong and Sakurai's going to give us something no one saw coming.
Tomorrow: A new stage, and new music!
Thursady (man Memorial day threw me off for the good of things): A new item, plus a game mode actually, or how to play stuff added!
Friday: Link's Super Smash, plus a new confirmed character (probably MetaKnight or Wario)

^^^^ Ah well, I could be wrong, but idc it's just a pointless prediction, so ya, enjoy! :) :laugh: ;)

Rhyme

Smash Lord
OMG Sonic might be confirmed, OMG these chocodiles OMG.
Don't know what that's supposed to mean, but anyway...is there any kind of pattern so far to what Sakurai has given us? If I'm right, it seems as though he's set a schedule for himself to make sure that he gives us a balance of information, which means there must be a way to predict what he'll add next, once we crack his syllabus, so to speak.

What I'm expecting to be introduced over the next week;

Tomorrow: new item
Friday: Wario
Monday: Some of Wario's special moves, or maybe his flatulence move
Tuesday: MK stage (Halberd and flying platform from NWT)
Wednesday: Confirmed returning character and their special moves (on a hunch, Kirby)

As Johnny said, my predictions mean just as much as anyone elses, but I'm hoping that by the time school lets out for the summer, we'll have this pattern down. Then the anticipation of "OMG which new character is being added OMG" will start up every Friday (or whenever it happens to be). Just my intuition speaking, I think that, not Wednesday this coming week of my prediction, but the following Wednesday, we'll get an explination on crawling. It'll be so boss if I'm right.:p

Later<

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Friday Sonic Confirmed
As much as I like the sound of that... it's not likely until at least E3.

Exactly, or not until July (at or before E3) at least. :laugh: :) ;) :psycho: :chuckle:
They are not going to confirm him now.... maybe around E3
And even I doubt he'll be announced at E3. I think they're going to save him for WAYWAYWAYWAYAYAYAYAY late in production. I'm predicting him to be one of the last if not THE last character to be confirmed. But I'm going to have my fingers crossed the whole time.

OMG Sonic might be confirmed, OMG these chocodiles OMG.
He was mocking a quote from a movie or a tv show or something... I forget exactly, but someone was eating chocodiles (i think it was a girlscout-type cookie?) and they were raving about something, and they got really excited, and pops another chocodile and it knocks them right back into their seat stopping them dead in their tracks.

Family Guy maybe? South Park? I can't remember for the life of me. But whatever it was, it was funny.

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
ye family guy, it's roger the alien who saysit. Ive got an idea. Wouldn't it be awesome if megaman would be in the game? How awsum would that be?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Hahaha... yea that was it! It was American Dad though, not Family Guy.

And yes, Megaman would be uber kickass. Let's talk about him, since he's my second most hopeful 3rd party guest under Sonic.

I've been trying to think of a moveset for him for the longest time, but I don't know what moves to put where. He will definitely need Metalman's Rotating Saws. Everyone got messed by those, even Metalman!

Top Bottom