• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
That would be a dumb idea because a lot of people would vote characters as jokes. Then there are people who will vote for the same character lots of times even though they wouldn't fit in. Plus it would be too late now anyways since the game is near completion if not completed already.

tappy

Smash Ace
Yoshi will return.
DK will return.
Marth will return.
Peach will return.
Bowser will return.
Captain Falcon will return.
Ganondorf will return.
Jigglypuff will return.
Luigi will return.
Mewtwo will return.
Zelda will return.

Those are all the people I'm definite about.
i think that's pretty much how it's going to be

roy_owns

Smash Lord
Yoshi will return.
DK will return.
Marth will return.
Peach will return.
Bowser will return.
Ganondorf will return.
Jigglypuff will return.
Luigi will return.
Mewtwo will return.
Zelda will return.

It is highly possible they will change Mewtwo to Deoxys

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Says who? I don't think Deoxys' will make it into the game at all. There's no spoken reasoning, no proof that they were ever intended to be put in.

Lucas over Ness though... that was brought up in Melee but never went through, so maybe this time...

And Pit was supposed to be in Jigglypuff's spot in the original. There's Pit. Do you think Jiggly has a chance?

tappy

Smash Ace
i dont know about jiggly, it was in the first two so maybe but that doesn't mean anything really.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Yoshi will return.
DK will return.
Marth will return.
Peach will return.
Bowser will return.
Ganondorf will return.
Jigglypuff will return.
Luigi will return.
Mewtwo will return.
Zelda will return.

Everything but Mewtwo.

And why the roster isn't publicly voted on: Shadow the Hedgehog would be in the game. And Dyce, just for the record, that Japanese suggestion box thing isn't necessarily indicative of who'll make the final cut. It's certainly a clue, but for all we know, none of those characters will be in the game.

Also, I'm one step ahead of you on the reservation. Most GameStops or EBs will let you put down the $50 for the game, and they'll inform you when the release date is revealed. I must've put my money down sometime in February or January.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Everything but Mewtwo.

And why the roster isn't publicly voted on: Shadow the Hedgehog would be in the game. And Dyce, just for the record, that Japanese suggestion box thing isn't necessarily indicative of who'll make the final cut. It's certainly a clue, but for all we know, none of those characters will be in the game.

Also, I'm one step ahead of you on the reservation. Most GameStops or EBs will let you put down the $50 for the game, and they'll inform you when the release date is revealed. I must've put my money down sometime in February or January.
Oh, I'm gonna get on that then...

And no, they wouldn't put Shadow because he wasn't that high on the list. Also, Sonic was on the TOP, and Shadow plays under Sonic. It's like putting Wario in, and not Mario. It wouldn't be rediculous, but Mario and Sonic are the stars, and Wario and Shadow are the secondary spin-off villains in the series. Even like putting Tails in over Sonic. Just wouldn't happen.
Also, Sonic is a 3rd party. They wouldn't put more than one 3rd party character from the same company in. (or maybe they will...)

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Uh, I think something got lost in translation there.

What I meant was: the reason that the character roster isn't determined by a public vote is because we'd get really crummy people like Shadow, Cloud, and some DBZ character. Of course, that'd be the American result.

Even in Japan, there are some really freaky picks on that official character suggestion list. "Link's Uncle?" That's what the Japanese selected. You see the problem with leaving it up to the public: there are many more stupid people than there are smart people, and unfortunately....Smash Bros. does a good job appealing to thosestupid people as well as the smart people.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
The thing about that character poll is that the characters that were posted were just those that Mr. Sakurai thought were interesting or funny. They're not the top of any lists; they just intrigued them. We probably miss a big part of the meaning from people just extracting the names mentioned. :/ Characters being shown more than once, though, bodes well for their inclusion...somehow. I remember everyone from the top ten SSBM trailer appeared in the game somehow whether it be trophy or item (Mr. Saturn was pretty high) or playable. So they could just be stuff they wanna pay homage to; the ones that'd make sense could very well be characters and the ones that don't...a cameo is pretty likely for them.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
^^^
That explanation right there makes Link's Uncle a lot more understandable. A trophy of him would be totally schweet.

tappy

Smash Ace
Why wouldn't Zelda be a character?
yea, there's no reason for her not to be. i hope she has light arrows or something since she most likely wont be able to be shiek. at first i thought it would be cool if she had a sword like the one from TP but.. well those who have played through the whole game would know why she shouldn't have the sword.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
Should we really debate newcomers in *this* thread considering the title? As for returners, I am with Dyce except I am not *entirely* certain about ol' µ2 / while he can be regarded as a 'villain' of sorts for the Pokémon roster, I just can't see him as as iconic or important to the franchise as Bowser for the Mario universe.

But, on the other paw, he is an original, impressive, non-clone character with an interesting playstyle and some yummy yummy throws... If he is switched it'd better be with an equally cool 'mon.

I really hope Jigglypuff get's axed, though. Shi (I can't take it's gender for certain you know...) annoys me something extraordinarily.

Artistry

Smash Apprentice
I think the characters most likely not to return are:

Pichu - It was cool back then, 'cause the new Pokemon just came out, but now it's just not gonna happen.

Roy - The Japanese game didn't garner much popularity, and Americans never truly had much of a chance with the game.

Doctor Mario - Not enough to go on for a moveset.. he would just be another clone.

Also, Sheik might not return, because she wasn't in any recent Zelda games.

Other than those, I believe all the rest are returning. :)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I think we can all agree that Doctor Mario and Pichu aren't returning.

Doctor Mario would basically HAVE TO be a clone.
and according to the Pokemon series a Pichu is a Pikachu only not as good in any way.

Thinking about it, only one question comes up about the both of them. And that is: "So... what's the point?"

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
It seems to be a popular idea. I don't see why they wouldn't incorporate it in.

I was wondering... you know how they have those new damage counters with not only the emblem and damage but the character's picture and name too? That looks really good but, how will that work for alternate colors and custom names? Will they change the picture of the character in the picture? And will they put "DYCE" in where it says "MARIO" if you made a custom name?

Better question: Do you think they'll bring back custom player names? I hope they do, I don't see why they wouldn't.

MasterGary

Smash Ace
Stop all the speculation. It just causes more arguments. Even though no matter what there will always be arguments.

What would the reason to take away custom player names be?

Rhyme

Smash Lord
It helps identify who is who when your watching videos on youtube and stuff.
Even with gamer tags, there's still comments like "That's not Ken", or "The Germ would never lose to Azen so that's not the Germ." Tags help to some degree, but I don't usually bother with them unless my crew pesters me about not having one. Tags also help when you're doing character dittos, since it's easier to look for a name than a color (like Blue Falcon vs Black Falcon).

I'm back just in time for the new update. Yay! Also, since the embargo was lifted on Friday and there wasn't a huge update, wouldn't that mean there should be a big one tomorrow morning?

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I'm back just in time for the new update. Yay! Also, since the embargo was lifted on Friday and there wasn't a huge update, wouldn't that mean there should be a big one tomorrow morning?
There wasn't any info about SSBB at the event that had info embargoed until Friday. :/ The one the next day might have had some but we won't know until those magazines that attended publish that issue. :/ So there's no telling what'll come on Monday. I do want to know about Meta Knight's invisibility cloakity move. :/ That seemed slightly intriguing. :\

roy_owns

Smash Lord
But with the names though, if your invisible, your name's still pointing at you which makes you practicley more visible than you already are!

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace

There wasn't any info about SSBB at the event that had info embargoed until Friday. :/ The one the next day might have had some but we won't know until those magazines that attended publish that issue. :/ So there's no telling what'll come on Monday. I do want to know about Meta Knight's invisibility cloakity move. :/ That seemed slightly intriguing. :\
lol........cloakity.....

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Custom names only helps identify your characters from others and also point to where your invisible player is so that the other players are be able to see you which really sucks. so...yea I think they are pointless.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
Custom names only helps identify your characters from others and also point to where your invisible player is so that the other players are be able to see you which really sucks. so...yea I think they are pointless.
of course, is entirely possible that the devs realise this and may change it for brawl so that when u go invisible your name disappears. doesnt sound too drastic.

Top Bottom