• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Texas Power Rankings! - Updated June 15, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
actually Trela... that post was after HOBO 31... so you missed a bunch.

z00ted

DUDE YES

what hes saying is u are still being a ******.
what's wrong with money matching Lee Martin's TL?

People think it would beat my Peach... obviously he won't go TL vs me in bracket.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Since March 23rd is when the Last Update was, then the only points I'll get is from beating Zigsta/JRUGS/Riza at Mizumi Con 4.
Then losing points from Being defeated by Paw and Leaf.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Why is everyone so eager for an update? It hasn't even been three weeks since Zac last updated this thing. Give him some breathing room guys, the dude is kind of busy :p

z00ted

Zac updates this thing ONCE a month. plz stop asking him. also, please send me all your tio files so i can fix the names

was7x@hotmail.com
I'm pretty sure in a post back in this thread he said he updated every week.. and if for some reason he didn't update he usually updates every other week.

I'm not rushing him or anything, just saying.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure in a post back in this thread he said he updated every week.. and if for some reason he didn't update he usually updates every other week.

I'm not rushing him or anything, just saying.
Prove it, and I'll update before tomorrow.

Just saying.

z00ted

I can't find it. It never happened.

But I think you said you try to update after every big tournament or whatever.

WHobo 3
House of Mouse
HOBO 31

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I think what he said was he would look at delaying updates for big tournaments. Like if you were gonna update a week or two before Whobo, waiting until Whobo happened and then updating. IDR the part about every week, but I remember that.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
DAMN Suspect with that elephant memory

And those edits

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Status update

Restructured the entire code base so that it can work with a config (don't have to know how to code to make changes). In other words, Xyro and anyone else I give this program to should be able to use it with ease.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I have a question Zac. I was reading how the ELO scoring is done. What do you use to determine your K value?
Good question. I had to do a lot of testing, trial and error, to get it just right.

First I just had a static K value of 32. Anytime during a tournament you matched off against someone else, points were calculated for exchange using a K value of 32. But there was an obvious problem. Good players that got sent to Losers were effectively gaining more points than people in Losers because they were playing more matches. The fix: When in losers bracket, the K value is halved (16 in this case).

Second, after having the ELO system up and running for a while, I noticed the point values on the list were a bit off; they just didn't look right. So I tried running the program with different K values. I tried 16 (with 8 for losers) then tried 24 (with 12 for losers). The K value of 24 seemed to give the best results. Basically I had a whole bunch of lists using different K values side-by-side and I found 24 to be the best fit for our community.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Thank you Zac. That certainly is interesting. So with the K values you've given me, players only go up or down about 12 points a battle if in winners and only by about 6 if in losers.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Not really sure. I just know it works and take I the ELO systems word for it (since I bet ton of Mathematicians have spent years on it). If you're interested in the point exchange between players of varying skill value, check the starcitygames article.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom