• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Texas Power Rankings! - Updated June 15, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
He just is.

He didn't do anything at WHOBO 3. He normally places second at SA tournaments (where he can accumulate points from other players) when Houston doesn't attend which really doesn't have any competition besides Megafox, Nike, or Polt (players that he also loses to).

When he comes to HOBOs he doesn't place well or even at that when Houston comes to SA tournaments he rarely places well. (Not including House of Mouse where he beat Dphat) I actually considered that an upset - but Dphat is ranked lower than him.

Dphat, Jerm, Denti, Illmatic, and Polt all have greater achievements and overall placements compared to him.

No hate.. I love K Prime, I'm just throwing it out there.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I slightly agree with that. I would still have him in A tier, but I'd at least have Dphat/Jerm over him.

z00ted

DMG when are you going to start amazing me?

I've heard the stories of your Wario. :awesome:

z00ted

uh... no?

I think I've proven already that I can get to where K Prime is on the PR or even above him. I just haven't been in the scene / attended enough tournaments yet.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Bro if I ever get the drive back for this game, that would be the day. Even in teams, I only do so well because I have a ******** amount of natural talent for that format and that's enough to overcome my lack of practice or ambition. If I want to do better, I gotta play more and want it more, and I'm not been at that point for awhile now.

z00ted

Bro if I ever get the drive back for this game, that would be the day. Even in teams, I only do so well because I have a ******** amount of natural talent for that format and that's enough to overcome my lack of practice or ambition. If I want to do better, I gotta play more and want it more, and I'm not been at that point for awhile now.
Damn that sucks. I know what you mean though - if you don't have any drive for the game obviously it won't show in your performance.

I could tell you don't really care because you would forfeit randomly in tournament if you weren't feeling it.

I hope you figure something out man... Wario is one of my favorite characters to watch and America desperately needs some steady Wario rep.

I feel as though Wario and Peach sorta both hit that stagnant level. Where it's sooo hard to overcome those "certain matchups" and alot of people lose faith in the game / their character. You can do it though - you have the brains... definitely.

dang K Prime 7th best in TX! HELL YEAH
LOOOOL

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Wario is... alright. There's a reason he's not played much, and it's because you either have to be phenomenal at reading to win aggressively, or play like a complete **** head for 8 minutes every game. I don't like him that much for Singles unless I'm up against a good MU or someone I have success against. Like Razer, **** going Wario. I saw what Ally did, I'm going Marth lol.

z00ted

I completely understand.

Then... when Metaknight gets thrown at you in tournament... I can't see that being anywhere near remotely -1. What are your thoughts on that matchup?

Do you feel as though a Wario needs Metaknight / Falco / Marth as a secondary to be viable at nationals or regionals?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It's not really MK... for now. Most MK players are quite bad at that MU, or simply aren't aware of trapping options you have in both defensive and offensive situations against Wario. It's not a good MU IMO, but realistically you can pull off wins by abusing their lack of what to do properly.

4 characters give him a hard time. MK Marth Peach Dedede imo. Everything else, even "hard" characters like Falco or IC's are fairly even.

IDK about him needing a secondary, but I know I've played with at least a few different secondaries for awhile now. MK, Marth, Diddy, IC's, G&W, etc. Certainly wouldn't hurt for him to have a backup, but that's true even for characters like Diddy and Falco.

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
He just is.

He didn't do anything at WHOBO 3. He normally places second at SA tournaments (where he can accumulate points from other players) when Houston doesn't attend which really doesn't have any competition besides Megafox, Nike, or Polt (players that he also loses to).

When he comes to HOBOs he doesn't place well or even at that when Houston comes to SA tournaments he rarely places well. (Not including House of Mouse where he beat Dphat) I actually considered that an upset - but Dphat is ranked lower than him.

Dphat, Jerm, Denti, Illmatic, and Polt all have greater achievements and overall placements compared to him.

No hate.. I love K Prime, I'm just throwing it out there.
Zac said he was going to balance the many many SA tourny's compared to the other ones.
And even if it doesn't happen, all Prime is doing is reaping the benefits of having an active community.
You can't blame him for that.

z00ted

I'm not blaming Prime lol.

I'm just looking at the list and giving my opinion.

z00ted

how does salt have anything to do with this? asdfasdfoiqerijasdfkl

Esca - you along with a good amount of other players in Houston should be higher. We all know this.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Wario is... alright. There's a reason he's not played much, and it's because you either have to be phenomenal at reading to win aggressively, or play like a complete **** head for 8 minutes every game. I don't like him that much for Singles unless I'm up against a good MU or someone I have success against. Like Razer, **** going Wario. I saw what Ally did, I'm going Marth lol.
Good luck with that.

BioDG

Smash Ace
Side event singles count for these, right? Or is it just regular singles?

z00ted

You will never beat me ever again.

Jerm is the only Toon Link that is allowed.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Razer

I'm telling you if my Marth does work on you, then you got got.

z00ted

there is no way lee is even a top ten toon link ozz....

z00ted

omfg you guys fall for everything

I'll mm lee :) $50 he has no matchup experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom