• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think it would be great if Nintendo did an offical poll sometime in 2010 or 2011. Each region would have its own. The main problem with the Brawl poll is that it focused almost exclusively on the Japanese and requests in any other language weren't even accepted. It was technically open to everyone but the big catch was you had to translate what you wanted to say into real kanji .
To be more specific, they need to conduct these polls BEFORE finalizing the roster so that SSB4's roster, and hopefully other aspects, are akin to what the fans want.

Dude, I can't stress this enough, Animal Crossing needs a rep to begin with, and why would you start a rep with SOMEONE THAT'S NOT THE MAIN CHARACTER?!?!?! TOM NOOK IS NOT THE MAIN HERO AND ANIMAL CROSSER IS, CAPISHE?!?! Well, that's a simple as I can make it, lol.
Again, I ask this: Animal Crossing has a hero?

Nonetheless, Nook is still the better choice. At least he has a set appearance, and, minus the boxer background, they can give him moves based off of tanuki folklore(hopefully not THAT one).

n88

Smash Lord
@Mowrt

Animal Crossing does not "Need a rep". I believe that there are no series that need a rep. It's no different than when people say "Needz moar villains" or "needz moar girls" or "needz moar 2nd Gen Pokemon". You can't just impose criteria on the roster. The character being added should be considered before arbitrary criteria.

Dude, I can't stress this enough, Animal Crossing needs a rep to begin with, and why would you start a rep with SOMEONE THAT'S NOT THE MAIN CHARACTER?!?!?! TOM NOOK IS NOT THE MAIN HERO AND ANIMAL CROSSER IS, CAPISHE?!?! Well, that's a simple as I can make it, lol.
Again, Animal Crosser isn't really a "character" he's a reflection of the choices and personality of the Player : or basically A Mii

^^^^^^^^^^

Chill out.
I'm not upset? I pointed out the faults in his arguements...he however is the one yelling...just saying

Mowrt620

Smash Journeyman
In a box filled with peas 300 feet below ground
Alright, I was just trying to say that Animal crosser has the most moveset possibilities also. Tom really just follows people (minus his "boxing carrier" or whatever), but the Animal Crosser uses the axe, net, fruit, shovel, and stuff. I guess I wouldn't mind Tom Nook being in, animal crossing needs a rep (not resetti!). And for the occasion, I'll use my moveset.....

B- Throws a fruit, varys in damage based on the fruit thrown
Side B- Swings his axe around
Up B- Either grabs a balloon, like sankes up b, or he can rapidly swing his net and go upwards, you decide...
Down B- Digs a hole, goes in, and appears in the direction commanded (like meta knight's)

Grab- he uses his fishing pole to grab opponents

Taunts
Spins around and punches in the air (like when he pays off his mortgage in ACCF)
He sees a butter fly and he catches it with his net
He digs out a fossil and shows it off, or he could pull out a shark and show it off...

When he enters the fight, he comes out like when he exits a house and comes into the level, and the town tune plays (like when you come outta your house and the chime tune plays...)

He could generaly use his axe since he doesn't punch really (Oh yeah, whats more brutal than an axe, eh? Take that for all you who say he's not a fighter, huttah!)

Final Smash- A ton of townsfolk and store owners and whatnot stampede all around the level and cause damage. Called "Town Rampage" maybe....

Theres a moveset for Animal Crosser, or Tom Nook....whatever.....
There ya go!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
To be more specific, they need to conduct these polls BEFORE finalizing the roster so that SSB4's roster, and hopefully other aspects, are akin to what the fans want.
That's why I said 2010 or 2011. According to Sakurai, the project that he's currently working on will probably be released in 2011 so the earliest the next Smash game could begin development is 2012.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That's why I said 2010 or 2011. According to Sakurai, the project that he's currently working on will probably be released in 2011 so the earliest the next Smash game could begin development is 2012.
For all we know, it could happen earlier. There's no law saying Sakurai has to be the leader in the project. If he's willing, he could always serve as producer and provide his inputs for the game. Of course, it's too early for another Smash game unless we want an updated game.

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
For all we know, it could happen earlier. There's no law saying Sakurai has to be the leader in the project. If he's willing, he could always serve as producer and provide his inputs for the game. Of course, it's too early for another Smash game unless we want an updated game.
Which means that it is still a perfect opportunity to implement ideas and then posting our final decision as a community of smashers! ALL FOR SMASH!!!!

Anyways, here is one idea of mine (BTW, not the final part of the feature)

-SMASH-DOWN The Game Show!-
A shorter but game play-focused filled with a branching level map which you choose which stage to go (randomized set-up) and several modes with the host announcing the different modes as you progress which includes:
*Classic fighting/Different character fights
*Enemy waves
*interruptions of the show to introduce outsiders of the world and fight them (3rd party fights or others after doing a certain thing)
*Obstacle courses (Target Smash, Reach Platforms, Avoid Hazards Marathon)
*Challenges (Get the opponent to a certain percentage without Knocking out an opponent, flee around without fighting back, Carry an item box to finish without breaking it, etc.)
*Several exclusive bosses based on the stage choices you selected.

Optional for this kind of feature:
*We can implement themes instead of stages like Shino suggested

You can find and discuss this feature and make more of them when clicking on SUPER SMASH BROS 4 FEATURES GROUP! Also check out my sig for game play group.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think it would be great if Nintendo did an offical poll sometime in 2010 or 2011. Each region would have its own. The main problem with the Brawl poll is that it focused almost exclusively on the Japanese and requests in any other language weren't even accepted. It was technically open to everyone but the big catch was you had to translate what you wanted to say into real kanji .

Again, I ask this: Animal Crossing has a hero?

Nonetheless, Nook is still the better choice. At least he has a set appearance, and, minus the boxer background, they can give him moves based off of tanuki folklore(hopefully not THAT one).
What are you two talking about? You guys are talking as if the Brawl newcomers were the characters only the Japanese fans wanted. American and European fans wanted those characters, too. Yes, most of them were chosen from the Melee poll and few of them were chosen from the Brawl poll. Yes, both polls were held in Japan where Japanese fans live. But you guys are forgetting that American and European fans wanted most of those same characters the Japanese fans wanted.

Japanese, American, and European fans wanted Diddy Kong, Wario, Toon Link, Pit, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Olimar, Wolf, Pokemon Trainer (especially Charizard), Lucario, Ike, and Sonic. I think you two wanted Ridley, Samurai Goroh, and Mewtwo, but instead Zero Suit Samus, Lucas, and Jigglypuff were added so Sakurai must be catering exclusively to the Japanese fans. It is not the case because he added a lot of newcomers Japanese and international fans wanted even though most of them were chosen by Japanese fans.

Oh, and Tom Nook is not the better choice. Sakurai is not going to put in a supporting character before a main character. He never did this in SSB, Melee, and Brawl, so why would he start now in SSB4? Yes, the Animal Crosser does not have a set appearance but he could have different clothes as his palette swaps. His default costume could be the one from the Brawl trophy or the one on the City Folk front box art (aren't they the same clothes?) Either way, Sakurai said no to playable Animal Crossing characters because he thinks they shouldn't fight because Animal Crossing is a nonviolent game.

@ Arcade
He has never done it before because Animal Crossing is a unique game. All of the past games represented in Brawl have the player conrol a acharacter while he fufils his mission/goal/whatever, but Animal Crossing is a direct reflection of yourself. What if I was mean to everyone, never used my axe, or noticed the balloons, I would not find the Crosser in Smash a very good character, based on how I play Animal Crossing. If it were beign repped, Animal Crossing would be the first Sim gamne to be given a character, so it would be given special treatment (much like the way we view Fire Emblem and Pokemon as special cases for character choices).

Tom Nook has been in every game, is almost necesary to interact with, very often, and has similar physcial features to that of the Crosser.

Though, I don't really want any AC characters in so...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
What are you two talking about? You guys are talking as if the Brawl newcomers were the characters only the Japanese fans wanted. American and European fans wanted those characters, too. Yes, most of them were chosen from the Melee poll and few of them were chosen from the Brawl poll. Yes, both polls were held in Japan where Japanese fans live. But you guys are forgetting that American and European fans wanted most of those same characters the Japanese fans wanted.
Even if the desires were similar to what the Japanese wanted, it's still not a fair assessment of who's wanted since this game is internationally released.

Japanese, American, and European fans wanted Diddy Kong, Wario, Toon Link, Pit, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Olimar, Wolf, Pokemon Trainer (especially Charizard), Lucario, Ike, and Sonic. I think you two wanted Ridley, Samurai Goroh, and Mewtwo, but instead Zero Suit Samus, Lucas, and Jigglypuff were added so Sakurai must be catering exclusively to the Japanese fans. It is not the case because he added a lot of newcomers Japanese and international fans wanted even though most of them were chosen by Japanese fans.
If you think that I have this opinion, you are horribly, horribly wrong. First off, I have never blamed Japanese popularity for the inclusion or exclusion of certain characters. Second, I mained Zamus and Lucas when I played Brawl.

Oh, and Tom Nook is not the better choice. Sakurai is not going to put in a supporting character before a main character. He never did this in SSB, Melee, and Brawl, so why would he start now in SSB4? Yes, the Animal Crosser does not have a set appearance but he could have different clothes as his palette swaps. His default costume could be the one from the Brawl trophy or the one on the City Folk front box art (aren't they the same clothes?) Either way, Sakurai said no to playable Animal Crossing characters because he thinks they shouldn't fight because Animal Crossing is a nonviolent game.
1. There's a first time for everything.
2. You might as well consider Nook the main character considering that everything except for museum donations revolves around him to some extent.
3. The Villager has no set gender either. Try figuring that out. If you try to bring up Pokemon Trainer, remember that the original Pokemon Trainer back in the RBY days was a boy. The girl option wasn't added until Crystal.
4. I don't think Sakurai ever said that it was because it was a nonviolent game. He said, for the villager at least, that some characters don't look like they should be fighting.

Finman702

Smash Journeyman
1. There's a first time for everything.
2. You might as well consider Nook the main character considering that everything except for museum donations revolves around him to some extent.
3. The Villager has no set gender either. Try figuring that out. If you try to bring up Pokemon Trainer, remember that the original Pokemon Trainer back in the RBY days was a boy. The girl option wasn't added until Crystal.
4. I don't think Sakurai ever said that it was because it was a nonviolent game. He said, for the villager at least, that some characters don't look like they should be fighting.
1. ...Okay?

2. That doesn't make him the MAIN character, just an important one. No game comes to mind where you don't PLAY as the main character, though I'm sure there is one out there... Somewhere...

3. Why does that matter? If you REALLY think you need to play as both, then just pull a Wario. Just because there are two versions doesn't mean one or both can't get it.

4. And Tom Nook is one of those characters as well.

I don't want to see the villager or Tom Nook personally, but I would rather see a villager.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
4. And Tom Nook is one of those characters as well.
http://us.wii.com/iwata_asks/ssbb/vol5_page2.jsp
He never specifically refers to Nook. Of course, what he said for the Villager and Resetti may apply to everyone else in the series. Alternatively, he didn't give Nook or Villager, like Ridley, much thought of being a playable character. Take that as you will.

I'm going to go ahead and look at this little tidbit from the interview.
The most important thing was simply whether or not it would make players happy. I mean, there are lots of popular games with characters that just aren’t meant for fighting and were too hard to incorporate into the Smash Bros. title.Heading the list of these characters are the ones from the games we just mentioned, Nintendogs and Animal Crossing. Because these are games played by lots of people, I knew players would be happy to see them make an appearance. This is why I wanted to find a way to put them in the game and why they became Assist Trophies. Assist Trophy Video.
I think the sentence in bold is true to some extent, but I consider R.O.B. to be somewhat similar to what he's saying. He was just an NES Trojan horse and accessory that never caught on. You can argue that as a robot, they can put robot stuff in there for him. At the same time, there are tools for the Villager to use, and Nook can use tanuki folklore as his base.

Some characters though, like Dr. Kawashima (if you want to consider him a character) simply couldn't work as a playable character.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Kuma, yes, you main Zero Suit Samus and Lucas but that does not mean you actually wanted them when we were all talking about what we wanted in SSB3. You know Jigglypuff is one of my mains in Brawl (and Melee) but that doesn't mean I actually wanted Jigglypuff again in SSB3 when I really wanted Meowth instead. I also wanted Wario in SSB3 but I don't main him because I was looking for something based on Wario Land and not WarioWare. Wanting a character and maining a character are two different things.

Though I do find it funny that one time I did suggest a suitless Samus as a playable character for SSB3 back in around 2003 and everyone on Nsider said she would be a clone of Samus. I didn't have my heart set on playing as Samus without her Power Suit but I found it cool that Zero Suit Samus actually became playable after all and that she is not even a clone!

Also, just because Sakurai said Animal Crossing characters aren't supposed to be fighting does not mean he meant "everyone from Animal Crossing except Tom Nook aren't supposed to be fighting."

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Well, Charizard was my favourite Pokemon from when I was like, 5 or something. I wanted him in, but never thought it would happen. Imagine my joy.

But I think this AC discussion is just going in circles. I think these are points we can agree on:

1. AC is important (and popular) enough for a character.

2. A moveset is possible.

3. There is no reason for the characters NOT to be allowed to fight.

4. Sakurai's biased opinion will likely stop a character.

Any thing I missed?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Sakurai has expressed enough interest in another game that I doubt Nintendo will be desperate enough to find someone else just to get another Smash game on the shelves. Sakurai also has a lot of connections already in place so, if anything, getting someone aside from Sakurai at this point would be a step back. Besides, if SSB4 were to start development in 2012, it'd probably be done in 2014-2015 which would be close to six/seven years after Brawl so it's not like the idea of SSB4 is close to the top of Nintendo's to-do list.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
2. A moveset is possible.

3. There is no reason for the characters NOT to be allowed to fight.
2)A moveset is possible for any character. People have made movesets for the most bizarre and improbably characters around. I have a moveset for the character as well. Doesn't mean it could work because it can be done.

3)The point is that an Animal Crossing characters has nothing to do with fighting. The game was very laid back and was about interacting with the town and the environment. An Animal Crossing character would be out of place. Starmen.net had a big discussion about this.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Out of place? How can you be out of place in a selection of some of the weirdest videogame characters ever assembled?

Also ROB had nothing to do with fighting. Didn't stop him.

The reason I pointed out the moveset is because, I meant he could have a lot of moves which aren't made up, eg, Falcon Punch.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
3)The point is that an Animal Crossing characters has nothing to do with fighting. The game was very laid back and was about interacting with the town and the environment. An Animal Crossing character would be out of place. Starmen.net had a big discussion about this.
I still say this is faulty reasoning. The fact that Super Smsh Bros. is a gigantic crossover should automatically dispel any arguments about characters not fitting in, whether they are fighters or not. Besides, I see an Animal Crossing character as thinking outside the box.

I'm reading that thread and I find this amazing: The Smash fanbase is obsessed with Sakurai. I swear, his name is mentioned like once on average for every page in our thread.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Out of place? How can you be out of place in a selection of some of the weirdest videogame characters ever assembled?

Also ROB had nothing to do with fighting. Didn't stop him.

The reason I pointed out the moveset is because, I meant he could have a lot of moves which aren't made up, eg, Falcon Punch.
ROB is a robot, so he could fight.
Animal Crossing is a game of non-violence, so putting characters into a fighting game would make no sense. It's obvious others feel this way too.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
ROB is a robot, so he could fight.
Animal Crossing is a game of non-violence, so putting characters into a fighting game would make no sense. It's obvious others feel this way too.
The Villager is a human, and Nook is a tanuki. Last I checked, humans and animals can fight.

Again, I think it's a faulty argument considering that Smash unites several different characters. Think about it this way: Imagine the reactions people had when it came to visualizing Snake fighting Pikachu. The same can be applied here with Tom Nook fighting a giant space dragon. People will either find it awesome, funny, or absurd.

By the way, SmashChu, and anyone else interested, I want you to come by to the Gameplay Discussion Group. There are a number of concepts I want you to check out and I want to see what you think:

Air Grappling
Anti-air Grappling
A Super Meter w/ either balanced Final Smash or something else entirely
EX Moves
Combo Scaling

Please read the posts in that thread before commenting. I don't need comments from anyone who doesn't know about what some of us in the group have in mind.

Hero Dude

Smash Journeyman
I'm not upset? I pointed out the faults in his arguements...he however is the one yelling...just saying

I was showing Mowrt your post.

Sakurai has given his oppinion yes, but that can be easily overidden if people want him.
The moveset isn't eally a proper discussion. A Goomba could have a moveset, if someone wanted to take the time to make him one.

Nook would get in before Crosser, IMO, simply becouse he is generic.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Its less that the ACer is generic, and more that the Mii is a better generic character to go with. If the Mii didn't exist, I'd say that the ACer would have a shot, but the fact is, the Miis are much more popular, they are more customizable, and come with the system. From several different stand points, if you want to add in a character that could be customized, the Mii just makes so much more sense.

Its sort of like how Mount Dedede seems like a good Kirby stage until you realize that Punch Out should clearly have the claim for the boxing ring gimick. :p

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm against the Mii's inclusion. If the Mii was to be a custom character, then the crossover aspect of Smash is defeated. It's like a Create-A-Fighter system being put in.

BBQTV

Smash Master
whats their to say? some think he would be a good idea. some say ACer would be better. and then theirs what sakurai said. thats pretty much it

I'm with Kuma, besides I don;t see an easy way to implement any form of Custimization without being broken.

@Hero
What about him? He can fight by being a Boxer/ Tanookie/ anything the Crosser can do...

Mowrt620

Smash Journeyman
Lol, you people just HATE animal Crosser don't you. "ROB is a robot, so he could fight" lololol....
Of course it's not a violence game, but ost nintendo games aren't
for example
F-Zero- racing, not fighting
Mario-usually sports
Game and Watch- balh balh
R.O.B- He's a robot that plays, what, 3 games or so?

Thats just some, Animal Crosser has more moveset potential than a ton of people, I mean, Ice Climbers and pit never did anything, and they still made a moveset for them, adn Animal Crosser does a ton of stuff, so regardless if he doesn't use his items for fighting in the GAME, he could still use them for fighting
for example, he uses the axe to chop trees in the game, which is non-violent, but in SSB, he could use it to fight, so converting non-violence to violence is a snap, seroisly. It almost seems like you people are trying to find reasons why he shouldn't be in, jeez....

Finman702

Smash Journeyman
http://us.wii.com/iwata_asks/ssbb/vol5_page2.jsp
He never specifically refers to Nook. Of course, what he said for the Villager and Resetti may apply to everyone else in the series. Alternatively, he didn't give Nook or Villager, like Ridley, much thought of being a playable character. Take that as you will.

I'm going to go ahead and look at this little tidbit from the interview.

I think the sentence in bold is true to some extent, but I consider R.O.B. to be somewhat similar to what he's saying. He was just an NES Trojan horse and accessory that never caught on. You can argue that as a robot, they can put robot stuff in there for him. At the same time, there are tools for the Villager to use, and Nook can use tanuki folklore as his base.

Some characters though, like Dr. Kawashima (if you want to consider him a character) simply couldn't work as a playable character.
I agree with the bold sentence and your tidbit with ROB.

I should have been more clear too. I meant Nook was one of those characters in my opinion, I suppose. I never meant Sakurai referred to him that way, because I don't know.

Mowrt620

Smash Journeyman
Its less that the ACer is generic, and more that the Mii is a better generic character to go with. If the Mii didn't exist, I'd say that the ACer would have a shot, but the fact is, the Miis are much more popular, they are more customizable, and come with the system. From several different stand points, if you want to add in a character that could be customized, the Mii just makes so much more sense.

Its sort of like how Mount Dedede seems like a good Kirby stage until you realize that Punch Out should clearly have the claim for the boxing ring gimick. :p
I say that the Animal Crosser isn't customizable at all in the game, he has his own look, red shirt, brown hair, plus hes got a giant head and stubby arms, so he's got a unique, non-generic look. Mii's, I like the Mii idea. And it's not "create-a-brawl-fighter", it's choose a mii from your system and he has the same moves regardless of the one you choose. He/she could us wii sports things to fight, and I got a cool idea

The Mii's up b, the hand cursor grabs the Mii and pulls him in the direction desired, like on the mii channel, cool eh?

Like this...
http://blogs.tech-recipes.com/shamanstears/files/2008/07/wii_erasemii_1.JPG

Anyhow, it's strange how people say that Animl Crosser is a non-violent person, but that doesn't mean he couldn't possably have a good moveset! In fact, he would have a good one, he uses his non-violent things to fight with, like slingshots, axes, shovels, fishing pole, and nets, makes sense, huh?

Lol, you people just HATE animal Crosser don't you. "ROB is a robot, so he could fight" lololol....
Of course it's not a violence game, but ost nintendo games aren't
for example
F-Zero- racing, not fighting-Falcon has an anime in which he fights, plus he is described as a bounty hunter, a career involving fighting (plus Sakurai really liked him)
Mario-usually sports-Hahaha, you were lost for an arguement here, right? Or did you missMario's Golden era, the Bros. Games, Super Mario 64?, Sunshine, Galaxy (poor, but not sports)
Game and Watch- balh balh- Uses attacks exclusively from his games, though was put in for other reasons besides his games were good (like you are trying to do with Animal Crosser)
R.O.B- He's a robot that plays, what, 3 games or so?- Again separate reason beyond his game history, rather his history in the industry and/or as a WTF character.

Thats just some, Animal Crosser has more moveset potential than a ton of people, I mean, Ice Climbers and pit never did anything, and they still made a moveset for them, adn Animal Crosser does a ton of stuff, so regardless if he doesn't use his items for fighting in the GAME, he could still use them for fighting
for example, he uses the axe to chop trees in the game, which is non-violent, but in SSB, he could use it to fight, so converting non-violence to violence is a snap, seroisly. It almost seems like you people are trying to find reasons why he shouldn't be in, jeez....
Comments in bold

@your last paragraph, Pit and Ice Climbers are iconoic, and so far you have given no real reason why he should be included outside "lulz he's the main character". Moveset potential is not a point because as you pointed out, they gave characters with no canonical movepool, a moveset.

n88

Smash Lord
A) You are actively hurting your argument by not putting it in the SSB4 thread, where people will see it
B) You're just repeating yourself over and over, and not actually providing any new arguments
C) You're not proving anything by making a moveset. A moveset can be made for pretty much anything
D) No-one thinks the Animal Crosser is impossible (To my knowledge). We're merely trying to tell you that his chances are low; he's not the shoe-in you think he is.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I'm against the Mii's inclusion. If the Mii was to be a custom character, then the crossover aspect of Smash is defeated. It's like a Create-A-Fighter system being put in.
I don't see why you would think this at all. For one, I don't understand how the aspect of a crossover is defeated by having more possibilities, especially since the Mii is a Nintendo creation. And I must restate that what I am saying here is that its apperance is custom, rather than moves, although that seemed to be a misconseption Shino had over there.

Finman702

Smash Journeyman
I'm against the Mii because I can't see it happening.
Unless you count the Wii series, which I don't at all, as a franchise the Mii's never really did anything of importance. And I don't... I... I don't know how to explain it but I don't think it would work well at all.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
People keep mentioning the violence because Sakurai himself said that that was a reason he did not consider an Animal Crossing character for Brawl. Now, Sakurai may not even be in charge of the next game, or he might even change his mind, but the fact that he didn't want Animal Crossing characters to fight is the reason people don't really have their hopes up for a playable appearance. Yes, you can make a moveset for the Animal Crosser, but what good is it when the people in charge of the game don't want the Animal Crosser fight at all?

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I'm against the Mii because I can't see it happening.
Unless you count the Wii series, which I don't at all, as a franchise the Mii's never really did anything of importance. And I don't... I... I don't know how to explain it but I don't think it would work well at all.
Why shouldn't it count? The Wii ____ series is extremely sucessful, and the Miis are the face of it. While they don't have much character of their own, the same could be said of a great deal of the Smash characters. While I could see a problem in the fact that the next Smash series being for the next system, and said system may not have Miis, given how popular the concept has been (Microsoft pretty much copied it even) they'll probably have a next gen equivilent that could be put into Smash.

I don't see them being both well represented and well balanced, onnly one or the other. Mii's are about customization, and Customization with all of Smash's variables does mix well. I am almost positive that if the Mii was given custom options, he would be over or unerpowered to an extreme extent.

If he was given a standard moveset simply using Wii tools and Mii themes, he would just be a generic lame character (same arguement I have against the Crosser)

Pieman0920

Smash Master
...You're not making sense to me. It just seems to be an opinion outweighing precedent. The Mii would have a moveset based around the various games its been in. Its face would be the player's own Mii head imported over. If the problem stems from a lack of personality, there are a handful of characters already who do not have personalities of their own. (Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Yoshi, Ice Climbers, ROB, Mr G&W, and even Mario to a certain extent) While I am making a assumption that your belief that they are generic and lame comes from the fact that they have no real personality, the fact is that several other characters are in the same boat.

And even so, I wouldn't could it as generic or lame, since its supposed to be a avatar of yourself. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom