• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smashboards Combo Video Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Why is the #5 most voted video a parody?

2 Melee videos
2 Brawl
1 joke video

edit: I know it's tempting to change it to "3 joke videos" but for all our sakes don't :bee:

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Super gratz to RockCrock and everyone else who made it to final 5, or even entered! I really enjoyed all the videos I watched, I thought they all had something to offer. I'm curious to see what appeals to most to smashboards staff for their final video selection, but best of luck to everyone! Thanks to everyone who watched & voted too, I'm really pleased with how well our videos were received, thank you so much!

It's a long tangent, but if anyone is wondering what my next video project is, it's actually my speed run of New Super Mario Bros Wii (fantastic game with great depth, replayability, ease and enjoyment of use, but also thorough potential for perfectionist gamers).

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Super gratz to RockCrock and everyone else who made it to final 5, or even entered! I really enjoyed all the videos I watched, I thought they all had something to offer. I'm curious to see what appeals to most to smashboards staff for their final video selection, but best of luck to everyone! Thanks to everyone who watched & voted too, I'm really pleased with how well our videos were received, thank you so much!

It's a long tangent, but if anyone is wondering what my next video project is, it's actually my speed run of New Super Mario Bros Wii (fantastic game with great depth, replayability, ease and enjoyment of use, but also thorough potential for perfectionist gamers).
Awesome, can't wait.:sonic:

Amorasaki

Functional
Premium
BRoomer
we're in the process of narrowing down the top 5 and selecting a winner. Thanks for the patience guys.

Vsin

Smash Apprentice
IMO, only three possible winners: RockCrock, L!te and AlexXx

Phanna got Melee % rolled by Rock pretty hard, and Lulz video is too lulz to represent community.

Fletch

Smash Master
no, read the first post or the one in the announcements section..
tho i hope that one does win :p
I know how it works, I'm just saying that I hope that's how it goes down. Makes the most sense anyways, Rock clearly deserves to win.

L!te

Smash Apprentice
he guys, did the BR make their decission or are they still voting?

L!te

Smash Apprentice
wow, i was sure rockcrock wins this one :O but that result is really surprising. congrats rockcrock and thx everbody who supported me :)

Tham

Smash Apprentice
its over

really nice one, L!te
u made a brawl combo video and u won against melee-CVs
thats imo a really good thing and shows how good L!tes videoediting skills are
the results are as i expected, i just didnt think that both L!te and rockcrock will win

n1

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Congratulations to RockCrock and L!te, and thanks for everyone's support of all our videos, the smash community is fantastic!

RockCrock

Smash Champion
Success! Thanks to everyone who voted and participated in the contest. Special gratz to L!te, I voted for you, and to phanna for an amazing video that no one else could have made. And special thanks to phanna for all his advice, my video would not have been possible without him.

`DNS`

Smash Lord
Announcement said:
The idea behind the contest was to produce combo videos that really showed the depth and variety of Smash (Brawl, Melee, and yes, even n64) as competitive fighting games with a strong community behind them. To that end, the contest has been a huge success.
Then why was SSB64 banned from the competition??

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Then why was SSB64 banned from the competition??
IDK.

The only legimate option would be that the graphics are so primitive compared to modern resolution. It wouldn't draw newcomers away from Melee or Brawl but at the same time there is less interest in 64. 64 would get the least newcomers anyway, I garuntee this, a lot of people are picky w/ games that don't have good enough graphics...:cry:

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
IDK.

The only legimate option would be that the graphics are so primitive compared to modern resolution. It wouldn't draw newcomers away from Melee or Brawl but at the same time there is less interest in 64. 64 would get the least newcomers anyway, I garuntee this, a lot of people are picky w/ games that don't have good enough graphics...:cry:
This is incorrect.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Well guys, that settles it. The mod said it was incorrect, and who can argue with reasoning like that? ;)

But seriously, why do people think they can get away with posting baseless opinions like this?
I am sure that MLG isn't interested in Smash64 in general and here's why.

I do not approve of single sentence arguments.
It's incorrect because 64 wasn't banned from the competition. Nobody submitted a video for it. Not because of graphics.

john!

Smash Hero
It's incorrect because 64 wasn't banned from the competition. Nobody submitted a video for it. Not because of graphics.
Check out the first reply though, he quotes the OP as saying "No N64 videos". Maybe they were allowed later on (I haven't been totally keeping up with this thread) but it's possible that it was too late for any of them to be made. There was a debate about why MLG wouldn't make much money off of N64 promotion a while back, and I think that is a good enough reason to ban them.

`DNS`

Smash Lord
OP said:
Rules

* One entry per member
* Only new videos will be accepted. Entries may contain old clips, but we won't accept combo videos that have been published on youtube or elsewhere prior to this announcement.
* Both SSBM and Brawl combo vids will be accepted. Sorry, no n64 videos.
* The entry must be hosted on youtube.com
* Videos must not contain profanity or nudity
* If youtube removes the video for any reason or takes out the soundtrack for copyright violation before the final judging session, we will not consider the video and instead take the next highest-voted video into consideration.
* Plagiarism, copying or submitting another person's combo video as your own, will result in disqualification.
idk what you're talking about

MLG_JV

Smash Ace
After some discussion and feedback from the community we did in fact allow 64 videos under the stipulation they could be in the top 5 but not outright win the contest.

If you read back into the thread you will see it.

Unfortunately, we just did not get any 64 submissions.

That said, great contest. Thanks to all that voted, submitted, followed along, and participated.

Hopefully through youtube this stuff continues to spread awareness of our community and we can continue to do more things like this in the future.

Tham

Smash Apprentice
sorry for asking, but I'm not English
"Runners up will each recieve premium subscriptions"
so will I get premium or what does that mean?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One

Rules
  • One entry per member
  • Only new videos will be accepted. Entries may contain old clips, but we won't accept combo videos that have been published on youtube or elsewhere prior to this announcement.
  • Both SSBM and Brawl combo vids will be accepted. Sorry, no n64 videos.
  • The entry must be hosted on youtube.com
  • Videos must not contain profanity or nudity
  • If youtube removes the video for any reason or takes out the soundtrack for copyright violation before the final judging session, we will not consider the video and instead take the next highest-voted video into consideration.
  • Plagiarism, copying or submitting another person's combo video as your own, will result in disqualification.
Good luck to all participants!
whats the argument about. It actually does say this in the OP. Even if it was later allowed. I dont think ppl are going to search through the thread to check for an update that didnt make it to the first page.

basically 64 vids were not allowed since looking at the stipulations on the first page it says so.

Amorasaki

Functional
Premium
BRoomer
Sorry, I'd meant to update the first post of the thread, but apparently it didn't happen? There were actually 3 announcement messages (Announcements, Announcements Discussion, Forum-Wide Notice). That one of the three didn't get the updated OP was a mistake. However, everyone who took issue with the subject of N64 publicly acknowledged that we did end up allowing it, and I think they even made a topic about it in their forum section.

So it's unlikely that anyone who would have submitted an n64 video didn't know we were allowing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom