• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smashboards Combo Video Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amorasaki

Functional
Premium
BRoomer

VOTE HERE!

[poop]mXhf1EWKZbU[/poop]
The first official smashboards combo video competition!

We're proud to announce that we will be holding our first ever official combo video competition here on Smashboards. There are a lot of talented and creative people here, and this is an excellent opportunity for aspiring videographers out there to win some cash and recognition for their skills. It's time to get those creative juices flowing, and show the world the best combos, the most epic moments, and the most inspiring montages that Smash has to offer.

Prizes:
  • The winning video will receive a $100 prize, and will be uploaded to the official Smash World Forums youtube channel. In addition, we may want to use your video to promote Smash and Smashboards among the wider gaming community.
  • Four runners-up will receive free premium subscriptions on Smashboards.

How to Enter
All videos must be submitted by November 10th, 2009.

1. At the beginning of your video, please include at least 2-3 seconds of graphics or text that say "Combo Video Tournament" and "Smashboards.com" (similar to my little video at the top). You can be creative with how you want to do this, or you can use one of these sample images: (720p video resolution) (640x480)
  2. Once you've finished creating your video, create an account on and upload the video to www.youtube.com.
  3. Wait for youtube to process your video. Once it's finished, watch it to make sure that you're satisfied with everything.
  4. Once you're satisfied with how your video appears on youtube, send an e-mail to amorasaki@smashboards.com with the following information: Your username on smashboards, and the URL of your video on youtube.
  5. Once I have received your e-mail, I will send you a submission #. Post this submission number in the "description" field of your youtube video.

Rules
  • One entry per member
  • Only new videos will be accepted. Entries may contain old clips, but we won't accept combo videos that have been published on youtube or elsewhere prior to this announcement.
  • Both SSBM and Brawl combo vids will be accepted. Sorry, no n64 videos.
  • The entry must be hosted on youtube.com
  • Videos must not contain profanity or nudity
  • If youtube removes the video for any reason or takes out the soundtrack for copyright violation before the final judging session, we will not consider the video and instead take the next highest-voted video into consideration.
  • Plagiarism, copying or submitting another person's combo video as your own, will result in disqualification.

Tips
  • Video quality counts, so use the best resolution and quality of clips that you can!
  • There will be a preference for videos that show a variety of players and characters at their best.
  • Keep a copy of your video on your hard drive. It never hurts to keep a backup, just in case. We will also ask for a master copy from the winners to post on our official youtube channel.
  • For ideas and advice on how to create a good video, check out the Video Discussion boards. The Videography board should be particularly helpful.

Voting format:
Once the submission deadline has passed, we will hold a public vote here on Smashboards to determine the top 5 videos. From the top five, Smashboards staff will choose a winner that we feel best represents Smash and its competitive community.​

Good luck to all participants!

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
"Both SSBM and Brawl combo vids will be accepted. No N64 videos."

So I guess this outrules Brawl+?

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
"Both SSBM and Brawl combo vids will be accepted. No N64 videos."

So I guess this outrules Brawl+?
Well, BBrwal and Brawl+ are both hacked versions of a game, and hacking games is against Nintendo's policy... SWF would get a couple of cold stares because of this, amongst other less-known reasons.

Better to avoid any such situations and keep to the norm.

Fletch

Smash Master
Well with no real combos in Brawl, I'm assuming that this would make more sense if it was just an SSBM combo video competition.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Well with no real combos in Brawl, I'm assuming that this would make more sense if it was just an SSBM combo video competition.
Come on man, what's the point in replying if all you're doing is trolling? You're just going to derail the topic, so use your human brain and keep to yourself if that's all you're going to do.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Rule disagreement

Wow this is hilarious.

SSB64 is the ultimate comboing smash game... Why would it be rejected????? While Brawl is far from being a good comboing smash game. If Brawl is accepted, you should really add ssb64 and brawl+

I'm astonished about the SWF hate @ the original SSB 64

yawn

Zen Yore

Smash Ace
Montreal, Quebec, Canada, North America, Earth

.WC.

Smash Journeyman
So for these videos, do we use replays of our own? I mean what do we have to work with?

MattNF

Smash Lord
N64 probably isn't allowed because it would make Melee and Brawl's combos laugh-worthy in comparison

stingers

Smash Obsessed
If youtube removes the video for any reason or takes out the soundtrack for copyright violation before the final judging session, we will not consider the video and instead take the next highest-voted video into consideration.

That's mad dumb...

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
no hate though. This is a very cool idea, and it's great that we have this competition.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Hmm... There is no rule saying that we can't use PSA characters.
Wisp Combo Video FTW!

~

On a serious note, I'm probably going to do a combo video focusing around tripping. I am finding quite a few combos by tripping muself with Diddy.

altairian

Smash Lord
hmm. Why is it that n64 smash isn't allowed?
Simple answer? It's no longer played competitively on any meaningful scale. Why try to promote the community around an (essentially) dead game?

Also, since feeding the trolls is funny, any idiot can combo during hitstun, it's harder when you actually have to read and bait your opponent in to mistakes to continue your combo. ;)

TANK64

Smash Lord
Also, since feeding the trolls is funny, any idiot can combo during hitstun, it's harder when you actually have to read and bait your opponent in to mistakes to continue your combo. ;)
DI? lol ALso- are you suggesting baiting and punishing mistakes is Brawl exclusive? :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:
Simple answer? It's no longer played competitively on any meaningful scale. Why try to promote the community around an (essentially) dead game?
lol

NixxxoN

Smash Master

LOL at the 100% of your post

Zen Yore

Smash Ace
Montreal, Quebec, Canada, North America, Earth

seems like your opinion is no longer valid, im pretty sure you've never played ssb64, and if you did, you probably never seen it's competitive scene.

anyways, brawlnoobs will never be good at smash games that require skills, gg

and lol @ dead game

sure ssb64 is the less played of the 3 games, but it's definitely not dead
god im tired of noobs like this guy who talk crap about classic smash

Frames

DI
uh it probably has nothing to do with being dead or not

a lot of people these days play ssb64 online and smashboards doesn't like talking about roms and all that stuff so they probably wouldn't want to promote a game that is played in a legally questionable way

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
I lol'd at what this thread has turned into.

And about SSB64.
Seriously, every match is a combo video. What's the point of a SSB64 combo video?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
if you can host a smash 64 tourney and have more then 10 serious entrants in a populated area, it's not dead, alright?

it'd be like if nobody hosted brawl tournaments anymore but people said it was still alive because of wifi. lol.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
lol

"smash 64 is dead"
"hitstun is gay"

fail

and sarcasm cannot be detected on da interwebs, Melomaniacal

smash 64 has more combos than both brawl and melee combined, and they can be alot more creative than all of you think
Although those first few lines seem to be really random and not directed at me (I sure as hell hope they aren't directed at me):
As far as competitive games go, be honest. 64 is barely hanging on.
I agree that saying "hitstun is gay" is lol-worthy.

I figured that you would get the joke. My bad.

Either way, quit the raging.

smakis

Smash Ace
now i play ssb64 a lot, and i mean a lot, started playing around 3 years ago and i love the game, but I honestly feel that a crazy combo in melee is way more exciting to watch than ssb64. a zero - death combo without any techs and such is much more rare in melee, and honestly, harder to do.

allowing it in would be more than okay for me, but i would still probably vote for a melee video, besides, a melee video is more likely to win because the ssb64 community is so small.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom