• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smashboards Combo Video Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
Lol at a guy lol'ing at a stupid comparison and then making himself look even stupider by making the same comparison =D.
wow. just wow LOL. the last two posts are the funniest combo i've ever seen in a very long time.:laugh::laugh:

and you got most of it, except brawl isn't "bad" to watch. please replace that word with something realistic. (oh boy here it comes...)

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Melee players flaming Brawl is getting old... :/ Seriously guys.. can we just get back on track with the topic of discussion? Just forget I ever said anything.

Here, feed into your ego's:

"Melee is better than Brawl." Now stfu and move on with your lives. Jesus Christ.

Oracle

Smash Master
Yay for passive aggressive submission

I like phanna's the best, but rock crock is ****** in the polls right now. Oh well.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I don't care for your statements because your justifications and explanations behind them are poor. I don't know what else could be at fault there besides your intelligence.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
I don't care for your statements because your justifications and explanations behind them are poor. I don't know what else could be at fault there besides your intelligence.
Fine my justifications and explanations are poor.. and I should not have said anything in the first place, but I really don't see what you get out of it by insulting me. That doesn't make you look any better in doing so.

My knowledge about Melee is poor because I was never involved in the Melee Competitive scene, I was just a casual player then.. so again, as I've been saying multiple times, attempting to pull out of this thread for multiple reasons.. I'm sorry I said anything in the first place.

My job on these forums is to Organize Tournaments, not argue with Smashers about games that have no meaning to me other than making friends and having a good time. I'm not here to make enemies or be insulted by people that feel they need to insult others.. so I would greatly appreciate it if you would edit your post or apologize so I may move on and out of this hateful thread.

Your supposed to be a moderator, someone who moderates, someone entrusted by the administrators of these forums to help discussions stay productive and within the guidelines, not someone that insults members of this community.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Fine my justifications and explanations are poor.. and I should not have said anything in the first place, but I really don't see what you get out of it by insulting me. That doesn't make you look any better in doing so.
I'll go with what the other guys are saying.

My knowledge about Melee is poor because I was never involved in the Melee Competitive scene, I was just a casual player then.. so again, as I've been saying multiple times, attempting to pull out of this thread for multiple reasons.. I'm sorry I said anything in the first place.
Not that I really want to roll with the punches or anything, but if Melee was all you were wrong about I wouldn't have said a thing.

My job on these forums is to Organize Tournaments, not argue with Smashers about games that have no meaning to me other than making friends and having a good time. I'm not here to make enemies or be insulted by people that feel they need to insult others.. so I would greatly appreciate it if you would edit your post or apologize so I may move on and out of this hateful thread.
You seriously can't learn to deal with a post and move on anyway? The only thing that changes in an edited post is aesthetics. What you remember of the post is up to you. Despite my red name, I'm not a mystical person, able to alter your memories simply by clicking a button and changing around some text.

Your supposed to be a moderator, someone who moderates, someone entrusted by the administrators of these forums to help discussions stay productive and within the guidelines, not someone that insults members of this community.
Indeed. I overstep my bounds. I still take nothing back.

Vsin

Smash Apprentice
What? The argument is stopping? NOOOOOOO-

*fans flames, inadvertently cooks beef*

Vsin

Smash Apprentice
Well, looks like the polls are closed. Sooo...for those who don't bother to sort:

1st: RockCrock - Never Before Seen
2nd: Phanna - //Smashboards.Combo;
3rd: AlexXxF5 - "No Regrets" The Fatal Five's 3rd 'Combo' Video
4th: L!te - smashboards.com BO Video
5th: Tham - I want teh mon€y

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Woah, 3 Brawl vids. Get *****.

(Even though none of them made #1 but if you want to represent the boards w/ a relatively smaller community then be my guest.) :sonic:
Considering that there were a total of three Melee vids in the contest to begin with, it would be extremely sad if there were fewer Brawl vids than Melee vids in the top 5.

Full Results
#1 - RockCrock - Never Before Seen - 189 (28.94%)
#2 - phanna - //Smashboards.Combo; - 108 (16.54%)
#3 - AlexXxF5 - "No Regrets" The Fatal Five's 3rd 'Combo' Video - 74 (11.33%)
#4 - L!te - smashboards.com Bo Video - 71 (10.87%)
#5 - Tham - I want teh mon€y - 62 (9.49%)
#6 - xzax1337 - Brawl: We Are Too Good for Hitstun - 33 (5.05%)
#7 - EPsilon933 - Perfect Execution - 32 (4.90%)
#8 - JayBee - "The Red Clash" A Kojin/Brawl Video - 29 (4.44%)
#9 - quiKsilverItaly - Dairdevil: A quiKsilver Samus Combo Video - 25 (3.83%)
#10 - KIEF - Do It for the Lulz 2 - 12 (1.84%)
#11 - magikguy - Only One Prevails - 11 (1.68%)
#12 - Near952 - Prince's Resolve: A Marth "Combo" Video - 6 (0.92%)
#13 - Death01 - Meta Knight - 1 (0.15%)

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Considering that there were a total of three Melee vids in the contest to begin with, it would be extremely sad if there were fewer Brawl vids than Melee vids in the top 5.
Right.

But the best combo vids (even though old) weren't posted in the contest. I've seen better material than Alex's or Rocky's (both Smashes) videos yet no one had the decency to post them. I have a crappy laptop w/ no video organizers so I couldn't do anything.

Oh well. xD:sonic:

`DNS`

Smash Lord
Right.

But the best combo vids (even though old) weren't posted in the contest. I've seen better material than Alex's or Rocky's (both Smashes) videos yet no one had the decency to post them. I have a crappy laptop w/ no video organizers so I couldn't do anything.

Oh well. xD:sonic:
Are you kidding me?
Did you even READ the rules??

Pr0jecT

Smash Ace
Melee looks interesting combo wise and gameplay wise. Brawl looks nice but is just ugghhhhhhhh.

Vsin

Smash Apprentice
Edit: I hope EPsilon's doin' ok. Xzat's video wasn't that big a deal and it outvoted EP's.
I dunno, I'd say a lot of it has to do with exposure. Phanna/Rock were pretty much first in line, so EP got in a bit too late and people pretty much had their minds set in terms of Melee vids. Truthfully, I didn't like EP's vid at all -_-. I swear, I've seen 90% of those clips in Metagame and/or TTSakurai.

As my general opinion for top 5:

1: Well, I'll try to avoid The Argument, but this pretty much does deserve to be first. Combos were fresh and epic.

2: It's good, but it definitely belongs here or lower. You can only do so much with your own footage; the most epic moments happen elsewhere.

3: I think this was a video editing competition between 3rd and 4th. In this regard, AlexXx beat L!te pretty cleanly.

4: I prefer this over AlexXx's one for the combos, but then again I'm more of a Melee player so the "Ken Combo" and Unholy Combo kinda stuck better.

5: Lulz video wins! Couldn't stand it the first time I viewed it, then realized it was a joke. Now it makes perfect sense and I actually like it now. TBH, lulzier than the other Lulz video.

Not to really bash any of the makers: I couldn't possibly do as good of a job as even the worst of these. Just being the harsh critic (Simon?) I am.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
There were more brawl vids meaning the vote was less concentrated. Like really the only choices for melee was Phanna's and RockCrocks, where as brawl had actually quite a selection of pretty good vids.

Vsin

Smash Apprentice
There were more brawl vids meaning the vote was less concentrated. Like really the only choices for melee was Phanna's and RockCrocks, where as brawl had actually quite a selection of pretty good vids.
Well, if you think of it that way, look at these numbers:

Melee % vote: 50.38 (329 votes)
Brawl % vote: 49.62 (324 votes)

Looking at that, we have a roughly 50/50 split. Kinda like the Genesis turnout numbers.

And so what does that mean? We're gunna keep arguing about who's better -_-

But yeah, I agree: Brawl votes got really spread out due to numbers. In a Brawl vs. Melee contest, the result is "Tie within error".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom