• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Sheik Power Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
Just took a few games off ally in friendlies heavy sand bagging was occuring though. He saved the matches I won on Ed's(Scary's) Wii. He looks like a fun dude to just chill and play with cuz he does crazy off the wall stuff in friendlies.

played Esam, a power ranked pika main. got throughly wrecked by him his pika has a really agressive style. I did get him to say "I'd be worried about this match up without the chain grab"I was holding my own at 152 for a while on my last stock.

Got to sit down a play with red Hal. I learned so much about the Meta match up from him now I'm doing it pretty well.

Played kismit? Am I saying that right? he was beating me pretty consistently with falco but I was locking, so I could learn to play without it if need be.

what else...
Billy (stealth) is a beast! he was taking games off seibrick for a while. I'm genuinly impressed by his sheik.

Didn't get to see too many of ED's matches.

Tourney is today I'm looking for my camera now.
inb4<3rememberstobringitbutforgetstouseit

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
I got 13th out of 42 at a local tournament.
Got ***** by Judge, beat Rhino (Lucas), Kappy (Kirby), lost to Blue Rogue (Wario), Suyon (Pit)

Basically's I didn't beat anyone important lol
Brawl tournaments are pretty fun. I wish I could enter them more often.
Not bad, Ankoku. Is it me or have you recently been making a much stronger effort to get better? Its probably because you want to be ranked in this thread right? lol

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
I can't remember anyone ever quitting sheik for another character. o.o Why? Too hard? =P

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Whobo crushed my sheik's soul :( I was all pumped when one of the sheik players on the live stream said for me to rep her well, but then I didn't even make it out of pools, lol.

if he does let me guess, he uses mk?
Dang, how did you know? =D

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Whobo crushed my sheik's soul :( I was all pumped when one of the sheik players on the live stream said for me to rep her well, but then I didn't even make it out of pools, lol.

Nothing like name searching to start your day off right.

@light: And yeah, I forgot that he played sheik once. Cross ain't exactly top level. =X

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Well tbh, I had decided to pick up MK as a secondary... but after getting a taste of it there were times I seriously considered switching the roles of main and secondary >_>

Still sticking with Sheik though.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Nothing like name searching to start your day off right.
I'm going to test this.

People have been infracted for pulling this ****. Don't do it again.

Now lets see if anyone finds this post.
ps If you do find it you have to post here so that I know that my trap worked. Other wise I will be disappointed.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
I didn't know that was against the rules, Ankoku. My bad.
edit:
Nah I'm more interested in getting myself ranked on something that matters (state power rankings) lol. Anyway, here were the results and stuff.
Either way good **** stepping it up. I feel like many sheiks are starting to step it up and more sheik mains are popping up. I think 2010 shall be a year of sheik.
because I go to tournies now

edit2: Why do I suddenly have so many **** typos? >.<

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
People have been infracted for pulling this ****. Don't do it again.
Oh come on Ankoku. That was a joke/light troll.
Owell, just spoil my fun. -_-
I must find a dead thread and edit a post I made in it in hopes of attracting bored pro's.
nah j/king... or am I?

I thank you for no infractions though.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I'm at my mom's place.

didn't make it out of pools... got thrid in my pool and only the top 2 from each pool made it out. Gah I had the match literally in my hands and missed my grdacuses... pretty depressing. I expected a lot more out of myself.
None of the super awesome beast mode sheik's that were at the tourney made it out. Light would have if he went sheik though~.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I was so close to making it out of pools. I finished 8-4 in my pool and still couldn't make it out. All I needed was r@vyn to take one more game of 2nLio and I was in. Oh well.

It's sad; none of us could make it out.

Oh Well, some notable stuff I did at Winterfest.

Took a set off DallasPhat (MK/Falco) 2-1
Came with in one GR DACUS from beating M2K
Went 1-4 against Ally, (1-2 in $1 MM)
Realized that ZSS is a bad matchup (Thanks Nick Riddle; lost 1-2)
Had a bunch of fun playing with Light; it was too good.

As far as my pool.

Electric (Samus/TL) 2-0
Razek (Pika) 2-0 -> All Zelda in this set.
Swiss (Snake) 2-0
2nLio (TL) 1-2
R@vyn (Pit) 1-2

My Zelda made an appearance in each of the sets as a mix-up since I'm just as comfy playing her as Sheik.

Winterfest was soooo much fun but I need a break since I need some cashflow in order to do these tourneys again. Good stuff meeting 2 more Sheiks!

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
yeah I had what 5 loses? 6-7 people in my pool.

Mero and Nick Riddle the people who made it out of my pool both got 9th... :)

:(

stealth3654

Smash Lord
I had HRNut and DPhat in my pools... :(

I guess this tournament was a blunt way of telling me I need to get better.

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
that sucks about winterfest :/
good **** though mars :)

you quit falco entirely? You were so smooth :(

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Well I just sign up for pound, cost me a kick in the balls 47.50 but whatever... So I'll be there(I better, brawl just became a expensive hobby again). I got housing planned already but it's roughly a hour to hour a half away which adds up in fuel cost and is time consuming.

If anyone is planning to get a hotel room or already has one but has room please contact me, if it cost me less then 40 bucks for all three nights I'm more then down for it.

edit: I'll also be willing to go in on with another GOOD sheik user in joining a group such as ... his.
Even if it would cost me a lot more having 2 sheik users to interact with would be a treat and I would be willing to play a good sum more for it.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I am so lost, what causes people to get infracted?
searching for their own name? if so, that sounds like a ******** rule to me.
Name searching is not against the rules.

Posting a plethora of people's names/actively wanting people to name search your post on purpose, that can be against the rules.

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
Ankoku, I have a semi-serious question~

In your opinion, do I have a shot at top 5? D: I've been doing quite well regionally but I seem to go mostly unrecognized.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Define "quite well." Besides the local tournament where you beat one player of note and got second, I don't really define your performance as anything impressive, but I guess I have high standards because I haven't looked over all the results in their entirety yet.

Also, you haven't mentioned which of your sets you went MK for, which is rather important.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Ankoku be honest with me........do you think I got a shot at being the greatest Sheik of all time after making it out of pools at a regional???/??

On a serious note: after talking to a lot of people about Champ's Sheik at R3, i'm fairly confident he has either the best or very close to the best Sheik, which is sad since he doesn't even play this game all that much.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
This thread with out the **** tons of spam:

Kenni:
Here are my results:

August 09 Most Powerful Shinobi- 9th of 42
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=241296. Results on page 18 >.<.
No bracket either .-. Beat Akashi, JBlan, 18spikes, and Folk. Lost to Kirk and Ryzen

September 09 MPS- 9th of 31
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=8371829
No bracket sorry .-. I beat Oro, Red Ryu, and Magic Josh while losing to Arty and DLA

October 09 Most ANGRIEST Shinobi- 13th of 31 (the one I did really bad in >.<)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=252003
Beat spongejordan, lost to akashi and meneil .-.

Eh what the heck I'll throw in some locals.

WSBT I- 1st of 9
Local, no page .-.
I beat Buuda in finals and GF

Hartland Tourney 13 (the first and only one I went to) 1st of 57
http://www.hartlandlibrary.org/teen_link_pages/games.html (entered as Nathan, it's the one at the top of the screen.)
Beat Red Ryu, Magic Josh, Dietz, and a bunch of no-names.

I have additional sources/people to vouch for me if you don't believe me. Thanks for your consideration :D
Most Powerful Shinobi (August 09)
went all sheik

beat akashi (#8 on Illinois PR)
beat eighteenspikes (hm on Wisconsin PR)
lost to kirk (#3 on illinois PR)
beat j-blan
beat folk (#10 on wis. pr at the time)
lost to ryzen xia (hm on illinois pr)

placed 9th overall

Most Powerful Shinobi (September 09)
went all sheik

beat oro
lost to arty (#1 on illinois pr)
beat red ryu
beat magic josh
lost to dla (#10 IL)

placed 9th overall

Most Angriest Shinobi (November 09)
in bracket, 13th of 24. sheik vs. mk info is written by the side

beat luni (currently #10 wisconsin PR, won G1 with sheik, won G3 with MK)
lost to lain (#1 on MI PR, only went sheik G1, lost set)
beat sima matty (#8 on WI PR, won with sheik G1, won G2 with MK)
lost to wafles (#5 WI PR, all MK :[)

I CURRENTLY am an HM on the Wisconsin PR, but there is debate of moving me up as far as #8. It gets updated within a week, I'll post what happens.

You should really make the rankings top 10 D:

WSBT2 TOURNEY RESULTS (november 28 2009)

Singles bracket

Beat nacho
Beat buuda
Lost to sago (#3 on WI PR)
Beat magic josh (HM on WI PR)
Beat fade (#6 on WI PR) (3-1)
Lost to sago (1-3)

MMs

Beat sago in sheik dittos lawlz ($1)

Overall 2/12.

Edit. Link posted

www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=256934
Light:
2 recent tournaments i played in. Got 9th at both

HxC (Oklahoma tournament) - Played all sheik in singles other than the ditto against Dphat's MK (Got 1st at this)
- FK (ZSS) who placed 4th at Phase3 (Got 7th at this)
I beat Kuni and Zeton idk if they are ranked or not

Phase 3 (Dallas Tournament) - Played all in sheik singles other than the ditto against Dphat's MK(Got 5th at this)
- Also lost to Razer (Snake) i assume you guys know who this is (Got 2nd at this)
I beat Bwett and Chic

I assume I had a bye at both of these first round since i'm still technically on the texas PR

Post any tournament results from when this thread was formed on, its the most fair and will hopefully reflect the most accurate depiction of current skill/abilities
I got 17th at hobo 21 no johns I lost to Lee Martin and Snakee

videos coming later hopefully
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=258197
In both sets I won game 1 then lost 2 straight

Against Lee martin I beat him in mk dittos first match(smashville), lost on BF/FD in mk dittos

Against Snakee beat his peach on smashville with sheik, got ***** by his ZSS on rainbow cruise with mk(i got nervous, should have played sheik), then lost to his zss on BF with sheik because he banned FD =/
Stealth:
There are 3 recent tournaments for me.

Halloween Bash - I played a little Sheik in this tournament, but I played a lot of Falco :/. I came in 8th with 36 entrants.
I did do a money match against Seibrik's MK and Nick Riddle's ZSS and lost both...

Zero Gamer's Biweekly Tournaments - I played almost all Sheik, except for going Snake for a set with DanGR (who got 4th) and a game as Falco against Reflex (who got 1st). Notable players I lost to were Kismet (2nd place) and Reflex (1st place). I came in 3rd with around 12 entrants.

A tournament at an anime convention - I played pretty much all Sheik (with the occasional switching to Zelda and going Falco for a few matches). A notable player I bet was Kismet's Flaco, going solo Sheik. Notable players I lost to were Reflex (1st place), and Kismet's MK (2nd place). I came in 3rd with about 22 entrants.

BTW, DanGR is 4th in the current AL PR, Kismet is 1st in the GA PR, and everyone knows who Reflex is... right?
Well, the tourney I went to 2 weeks ago didn't have many people because it was the weekend after Thanksgiving. The tourney this weekend was just a small tourney I decided to go to. Also, I don't really think it's worth mentioning who I beat...I wan't playing too well. Well, actually, I beat Dyno (5th on GA PR) at the tourney 2 weeks ago. :/
I had HRNut and DPhat in my pools... :(

I guess this tournament was a blunt way of telling me I need to get better.
random scrubthy Aro
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=8959393#post8959393
PolyBRawl: Lost to MBlaze (Diddy) and Bee (Diddy). No wins. lol

I only bother posting this, because I could still get top 10 just by entering tournament.
dMT:
I hosted the event rathy went to and I pretty much did horrible.

33rd out of 76 in Singles

9th out of 34 in doubles.

All Sheik... since I pretty much lost the game I attempted to go MK. I don't even know why I did it my MK is trash.

In singles I won vs Victory, lost to PGN in a very close set although it was 0-2 all was last stock and we both had our moments. I was a bit happy I was able to gimp Gaymenwatch in both games but still I lost. That, along with my tourney host fatigue johns I basically stopped trying idk why. Lost to my friend Rien.

Still working on those placements...
Doubles - teamed w/ JTails. he used MK, Kirby for the most prt.
Winners
- Bye
- Lost to Doom and MintyFlesh 2-3
Losers
- Bye
- Defeated Ruby and Pain
- Defeated Nick A and CarioMoney
- Defeated Munoz and Sage
- Lost to NinjaLink and Malcolm 0-2, close

Singles
Winners
- Bye
- Defeated Victory, 3 stock then 2 stock 2-0
- Lost to PGN* - 0-2, very close both games
Losers
- Lost to Rien ( a friend of mine who uses ROB, we had to play and I had just lost my will >_>)

* PGN is apparently a Top 10 ranked player on the NYC Power Rankings. I didn't check myself but I heard he was 6th or so. Regardless he uses GW.

I'm not happy with my performance at all at this tournament. you know when you can just feel you're not playing well - you can just see it in the way you play. I had one of those. More concentration and representation to be done at all upcoming tournaments.

EDIT: Also i didn't get to do my MM vs Ally as the tournament ran late and I was trying to get it finished fast before the venue kicked us out and it turned into a CoT4.

Eh. So I just got home from Bum's tournament.

Doubles was meh. Not gonna get into it lol

Singles I started with a bye, then I had to play PatG, who I believe got 4th or 5th out of 76 people at PolyBrawl 2 weeks ago. He also had a MM vs Wes today before the tournament began, which he won. So I lost 2-1. First close match vs his Lucario. Then I 2 stocked said Lucario. He then went ZSS, one of those characters I have next to no experience versus. I believe that ended close as well, last stock on Poke Stadium.

Then in Loser's I had to play Izumi..which was about an hour later. Sheik vs MK I lost barely. Then he went TL when I chose Battlefield and I won. He said Delfino so I picked MK knowing thats what he would do. The ditto was close both last stock 100+ >_>

In other news I won a MM vs Hippiedude's Luigi, and lost a MM vs Bum 3-1. Wish Those were saved. All so close, except the last one >_>

I hate how I get props for my Sheik, all while losing all day >_> I like the props but, I wanna win :/

EDIT: Idk what I got I'll post the results thread when its up I guess. I just left early cuz I felt really tired for some reason.
<3:
yeah prince ramen was tearing it up; honestly I'm happy I didn't have to fight him in tourney since I don't do that well against Metas. And he was really good. he gave me some good experince before I played Seibrick though.

SO~ Now that i have a keyboard instead of a phone......

No byes.

won round 1 versus a meta. Don't think he mained meta, but we played friendlies before hand (I won em : )) and he prob overheard me looking for meta experince/ complaining how thats the only place I'm uncomfortable atm. 2-0ed him

next game was against hiroi, a peach main. I played some friendlies with him before hand and did decent, think I won one lost one with sheik. during the actual tourney I just forced myself to play really safe and I think I two stocked or low percent 1 stocked him. pretty sound win on Battlefield. He CPed Halbred I went bowser for that and took that game as well, up B is too good. so 2-0ed that set as well.

next set played Fearless; an Olimar main. (A **** good one) 2-0ed him. game one on BF I got an early percent advantage through a fake combo and then a gimp later. Beat him pretty soundly. he CPed lylat and start off the round like I started the first crazy sudo combo up to 100+ taking very little damage. but I gimped him at like 20% and took back control of the match.

next set was against seibrick (currently rank 1 in FL) in winners semis. Lost 1-2 he went MK/snake. round one I got beat pretty soundly by his MK. lost most of my stock to an inability to kill. missed a few dacus ops and took too much damage for small mistakes. I took him to halbred and he went snake instead of MK to avoid low percent deaths. I took that round although not by much. Game three he took me to frigate. stage flipped be for my damage go too too high so I was able to avoid any lame gimps through that. I was able to bait and punish quite a bit and ended up doing pretty well. both high percent.

Next set played GDX (ranked 6th) won that 2-1 he went diddy and GaW. first game was FD I won but barely tried to not ever let him have nanner control. second game he went back to FD and I just barely lost that. third I CPed Battlefield and he switched to GaW. I comboed him pretty well early game for a lead and just kept it forcing him to approach me and won that pretty soundly.

Next game played radix another MK/Snake, I guess and honorable mention atm. I got 0-2ed. first game he went snake I got very literally a 200% lead on him and let it slip when i didn't kill him. got 1 stocked. next game he went meta and he beat me pretty soundly. I gave him too many gimps.
Just took a few games off ally in friendlies heavy sand bagging was occuring though. He saved the matches I won on Ed's(Scary's) Wii. He looks like a fun dude to just chill and play with cuz he does crazy off the wall stuff in friendlies.

played Esam, a power ranked pika main. got throughly wrecked by him his pika has a really agressive style. I did get him to say "I'd be worried about this match up without the chain grab"I was holding my own at 152 for a while on my last stock.

Got to sit down a play with red Hal. I learned so much about the Meta match up from him now I'm doing it pretty well.

Played kismit? Am I saying that right? he was beating me pretty consistently with falco but I was locking, so I could learn to play without it if need be.

what else...
Billy (stealth) is a beast! he was taking games off seibrick for a while. I'm genuinly impressed by his sheik.

Didn't get to see too many of ED's matches.

Tourney is today I'm looking for my camera now.
I'm at my mom's place.

didn't make it out of pools... got thrid in my pool and only the top 2 from each pool made it out. Gah I had the match literally in my hands and missed my grdacuses... pretty depressing. I expected a lot more out of myself.
None of the super awesome beast mode sheik's that were at the tourney made it out. Light would have if he went sheik though~.
yeah I had what 5 loses? 6-7 people in my pool.

Mero and Nick Riddle the people who made it out of my pool both got 9th... :)

:(
Scary:
Good job light!

What were the set counts for those losses?

As far as myself, in the same tourney as <3 I got 13th. I know I had one bye.

1st set I loss was to Razek (pikachu) 2-0. I did everything gright in this set and had a perfect balance with Zelda and Sheik but I blew the lead. When I CPed Brnstar, he went MK. Bad stuff happened.

The other set I lost was to Chaz (#7 on PR W/ Marth). Epic set was epic 2-1. Last match he caught me with an upB. Again, I had a huge lead in the last match and choked it away.

Doubles I didn't do since Polmex had last second stuff to take care of. So I dunno my doubles status for winterfest. I will step it up there though.
I was so close to making it out of pools. I finished 8-4 in my pool and still couldn't make it out. All I needed was r@vyn to take one more game of 2nLio and I was in. Oh well.

It's sad; none of us could make it out.

Oh Well, some notable stuff I did at Winterfest.

Took a set off DallasPhat (MK/Falco) 2-1
Came with in one GR DACUS from beating M2K
Went 1-4 against Ally, (1-2 in $1 MM)
Realized that ZSS is a bad matchup (Thanks Nick Riddle; lost 1-2)
Had a bunch of fun playing with Light; it was too good.

As far as my pool.

Electric (Samus/TL) 2-0
Razek (Pika) 2-0 -> All Zelda in this set.
Swiss (Snake) 2-0
2nLio (TL) 1-2
R@vyn (Pit) 1-2

My Zelda made an appearance in each of the sets as a mix-up since I'm just as comfy playing her as Sheik.

Winterfest was soooo much fun but I need a break since I need some cashflow in order to do these tourneys again. Good stuff meeting 2 more Sheiks!
Ankoku:
I got 13th out of 42 at a local tournament.
Got ***** by Judge, beat Rhino (Lucas), Kappy (Kirby), lost to Blue Rogue (Wario), Suyon (Pit)

Basically's I didn't beat anyone important lol
Brawl tournaments are pretty fun. I wish I could enter them more often.
Mars:
33/64 in brackets at R3. Should have placed higher.

You can check the pools if you want as well I finished 3rd in my pool.

http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=7148
Who's gonna win?
edit: point out any relevant posts I missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom