• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Sheik Power Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
@<3: Don't quit if you're going to play an mk. D= You can't win non-xyro tournies like that.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Hahaha. Nah I'm going to seriously focus on that match up. I'm really pissed that the only match up I've been losing so I'm going to try and make it my strongest.

I've been getting strong MKs down to one stock and even winning on CP stages without grdacus. So it definitely isn't some impossible task. I'm putting a lot more effort in so I can confidently pick sheik against the most played character in the game.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
MK isn't easy imo, I just know how to approach the MU more than I do against Diddy/Oli/Squirtle/Peach and all these other dumb characters.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Diddy isn't bad once you understand him, without banana's you seriously have the advantage in the fight. Squirts in a hand full but definitely easier to approach deal damage to and edge gaurd and out right killthan MK.

I still wreck new MKs and bad ones. but good MKs who understand how to zone how to tornado, how to dair camp and use plats to avoid projectiles. They are very difficult to really do anything to or at the very least much more so than the rest of the cast.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Diddy has the advantage vs Sheik even w.o the Bananas imo. His hitboxes are still great, have better priority and his smashes are fast. He also has deceptive range, especially on that grab of his.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Diddy ftilts too well to really have an advantage without bananas imo. Plus without his bananas he really doesn't have a way to setup into any of his kills.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Diddy's terrible aerial maneuverability and the fact that none of his aerials are actually safe on block makes him dead to me in the air if there aren't any bananas around to save him.

Meta Knight is a really difficult matchup against anyone who's actually good with him, as any character you pick. That's just the way it goes in this game.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
nah we are faster and have more range on the ground. and we just tear him apart in the air he isn't fast enough to really out right compete. we can combo him really well since he doesn't have any really quick inturupts and just because of his weight in general. he is crazy easy to edgegaurd needles kill rocket without giving him some crazy vertical knock to take advantage of. a single needle causes him a lot of height. if he is recovering from under the stage you can again you needle storm or drop down with a strong nair for the kill. He has a much harder to edge guarding us since his hits just set us up for an easier recovery or sends us deeper into the stage.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
True. I suppose I just can't get my way around the Diddy MU. I almost feel more at ease fighting MKs lol

Must be a play-style thing.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Meta Knight's dair and Shuttle Loop in no way set us up for an easier recovery. The range we have on the ground is kind of negated by the fact that it's part of Sheik's body and thus extending her hurtbox as well. Any Meta Knight who's spacing properly against Sheik will be spacing to hit her out of her attacks, not her standing position. Generally the matchup is like playing against a Marth who has a greater margin of error.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Meta Knight's dair and Shuttle Loop in no way set us up for an easier recovery. The range we have on the ground is kind of negated by the fact that it's part of Sheik's body and thus extending her hurtbox as well. Any Meta Knight who's spacing properly against Sheik will be spacing to hit her out of her attacks, not her standing position. Generally the matchup is like playing against a Marth who has a greater margin of error.
That pretty much sums it up lol

-dMT-

Smash Lord
No greater margin of error. As in he can make more errors than Marth and get away with it rather safely.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I think so, yes. but keeping diddy nannerless is a battle in and of itself.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
I think sheik has the speed and pressure to keep diddy without bananas for a good portion of the match. Even if not, he shouldn't be taking them out for free.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I agree I've been doing decent against diddy in tourney and friendlies as of late. it's all about nana control. nana link you into some much damage and kills with very little risk to diddy. Once people understand how to get around them i think diddy will lose a lot of the hype he has now personally. He is an amazing character but. He has tons of flaws that can be exploited.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I got 9th in a 33 person tournament.

Will link results when the host updates, please don't rage too much about the 2nd win, luck was a factor.

edit: I need to learn how to be more constant and keep the smash high going between matches, music perhaps?

edit: Result are in http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=260408
I lost to 4th place and 7th.

Oh a side note it's funny how I didn't notice they misspelled my name. I knew I should of spelled it out to them, oh well. Tristin Win's...9th.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If the tournament isn't starving for setups, ask your opponent if he'd like to continue playing friendlies afterward. It's a good way to stay warmed up without the pressure of having to win for the moment.

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
Likewise, i too got 9th out of a 24 man bracket. Ill post the thread link when its made.

*spoiler* i beat #1 in wisconsin. he mains and used metaknight

also, i go about even with ally because he has no sheik experience XD

...Im getting top 5 in this, lol

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
How do you beat the best player in WI at a WI tournament and still not make top 8?

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
who'd you lose to? Kenni? who'd you beat?

You took the set of the #1? Nice

Ally sandbags hard core... I was beating him too at winterfest in friendlies, but her was being dumb, he is a really fun guys to play with. he definitely doesn't know the match up.

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
who'd you lose to? Kenni? who'd you beat?

You took the set of the #1? Nice

Ally sandbags hard core... I was beating him too at winterfest in friendlies, but her was being dumb, he is a really fun guys to play with. he definitely doesn't know the match up.
It was a money match vs ally. Doubtful he was sandbagging. Yeah he needs to work on that MU XD

Beat aerox
Beat fatboy (#1 WI)
lost to arty (#1 IL)
lost to yoshq (#6 WI, luigi is a *****)

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I got 9th in a 33 person tournament.

Will link results when the host updates, please don't rage too much about the 2nd win, luck was a factor.

edit: I need to learn how to be more constant and keep the smash high going between matches, music perhaps?

edit: Result are in http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=260408
I lost to 4th place and 7th.

Oh a side note it's funny how I didn't notice they misspelled my name. I knew I should of spelled it out to them, oh well. Tristin Win's...9th.
Read through it and it says you beat Candy. Good **** bro.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
It was a money match vs ally. Doubtful he was sandbagging. Yeah he needs to work on that MU XD

Beat aerox
Beat fatboy (#1 WI)
lost to arty (#1 IL)
lost to yoshq (#6 WI, luigi is a *****)
Nice, how much was the money match for and did he only use snake while you only used sheik?

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
Just a dollar.... G1 was sheik/snake, 130%+ each last stock, G2 i picked RC and he went MK =_= dittoed and lost. Last stock though

Also, he said <3 was best sheik he played L:

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Ally sandbags hard even in MMs. ESPECIALLY a $1 MM. I honestly do not think he cares about a dollar when he comes to east coast tourneys and makes a killing every weekend. I've seen him play MMs versus top players and he'd do some really dumb **** with Snake lmao. Always a pleasure to watch though.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Just a dollar.... G1 was sheik/snake, 130%+ each last stock, G2 i picked RC and he went MK =_= dittoed and lost. Last stock though

Also, he said <3 was best sheik he played L:
You gotta say that stuff sooner Kenni, if you don't use Sheik/Zelda the whole time then your not winning with Sheik/Zelda. Your choice in counter pick did indeed counter snake but someone like ally would obvious have some type of plan for dealing with that which surprise surprise would be to go meta. If I was in your position and tried to counter pick rainbow and my opponent went meta I would most likely go meta too if I had one, however I never go to rainbow and that's the stage I always ban because of the sheik vs meta knight, wario, Kirby match up, and other match up.

edit: Don't get me wrong you don't have to use sheik/zelda to win but if you don't you only get "I'm good enough as a player to do this.." while if you do use sheik/zelda you get "I'm good enough as a player with sheik/zelda to do this"

Also I don't care what anyone says money matches are legit once they reach a buck, stealing a dollar from a noteworthy player gives you instant bragging rights. If anything it shows that if that player doesn't take you seriously you can win which says something.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
PRs count $5 + I believe.

$1 MM isn't even a MM. It's an attempt to try and make it more competitive and less friendly and foolish.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
If you want Ally to take it seriously, MM him for like $10 at least or something lol

If you just want it to count for something though, yes $5 minimum is the acceptable amount generally.

EDIT: This dude used Snake's box as an edgeguard again and again versus ADHD in Winners Finals at the last PolyBrawl. He even tried to use it as an attack on stage. ADHD just SDed and gave up after that.

Other things he does are try to approach/attack from below the main platform of Brinstar and then Cypher up through it, despite being wide open to a simple grab kill.

What's funnier, he gets away with this stuff so much, I guess cause he's Ally and the other player assumes he has a trick up his sleeve or something lmao.

idk, I state what I see.

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
Not gonna lie, allys mk is pretty bad. :p def not gonna win him games vs top players.

LOL he tried box edgeguard vs me too. Not very effective :]

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
I dont sandbag, I dont practice or learned any match up in this game other than playing people in person, so I learn by playing people, also I won IL tourney with MK beating Hunger, Lain and others. ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom