• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[official] Michael Jackson dies at age 50. RIP MJ.

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
MJ: leaves this world as a white woman accused of pedophilia.

Ed Mcmahon: leaves this world as the rapping Cash4Gold spokesman (broke).

David Carridine: leaves this world hanging naked with a rope tied to his neck and balls.

CAN ANY CELEBRITY DIE WITH SOME DIGNITY THESE DAYS?
Well Farrah Fawcett died this morning with dignity of cancer....although it was anal cancer.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Yeah, poor Farrah Fawcett has been forgotten by the media now that M.J. has died.

This is really too bad. I think his name will finally clear up. It really bothers me when little kids poke fun at him; they just don't understand how much of an icon he was.

Grahf

Smash Apprentice
It certainly is shocking he died...Sucks to see people go at such young ages and everything...but good riddance...I wasn't a fan of his music...he probably DID molest children and he was a real shady guy. I always felt he lied about his medical condition and just wanted to be white. He was really sick in the head with a plethora of weird things about him and I wouldn't have been too shocked if he came out and said it.

I don't care much that he died....also I don't care much what anyone else is thinking of this response since I'm not coming back to check up on it.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Hey, just a note, everyone saying we were too mean making fun of him-stop it. You prolly did it too, everyone did unless they were super unfun, he died a ****ty death, but it's not like his situation beforehand was all some big accident.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Grahf, I don't care what you think of MJ as a person or if you beleived he touched those kids, but it is saddening for anybody to die, let alone a pop sensation (and this is coming from a guy who was mostly unaffected by the news emotionally).

I am not someone who makes a big deal out of music, but I took the time to listen to Thriller for the first time. Micheal Jackson was, is, and forever will be a **** good musician.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
ZoMg, hE cHaNGeD dA WuRlD wIf HeZ mUzAk

I wouldn't have met my wife or had my daughter if Michael Jackson didn't exist. Strange, but true :(

Peeze

Smash Master
I learned how to get little boys girls from mj:
step 1: invite her over to ride your rollercoaster
step2: show her your monkey
step3: fill her with cotton candy
step4: finish off the night with a night cap.

EDIT: Too early for the jokes?

Scott!

Smash Lord
It's sad. Poor Michael. I had a night class for 4 hours tonight. When I went in, Michael had been hospitalized, but I was hopeful. But driving home, the radio was playing so much of his music that he had to be gone. It's just so tragic. I mean, I'm too young to have been a fan of him in his heyday, but I still have Off the Wall and Thriller on my iPod, and they're two amazing albums. I don't care what the naysayers think; he did change the world with his music. He was one of the biggest entertainers of all time, and his music will never be forgotten as long as humans have ears and musical taste. He entertained literally billions of people the world over, across all barriers. There will probably never be another person who gets even remotely close to what he was in terms of sheer fame.

To everyone out there saying he's guilty or that he cheated the law, he was found innocent by a jury in a court of law. Therefore, he should be treated as innocent. You can't "just know" that he's a pedophile because he was weird or different. That's not good enough. And his skin condition is a real disease. So please. Stop hating on him, at least for now. Let his fans mourn his far too early passing.

CNN was of course covering this, and Anderson Cooper was interviewing people who knew him. It was really sad. One of the people said that once, they asked MJ if he was lonely. He stared into their eyes for 10 seconds before saying 'Yes, I am lonely'. He lived such an atypical life. They said that he'd go for days on end without talking to anyone except children, because he only identified with them. He was a brilliant musician, an awesome dancer, and a child at heart who never really grew up. If there's somewhere else that we go after this life, then I hope that, wherever he is, he can have the childhood his fame kept from him.

Rest in Peace, Michael.

bleyva

Smash Ace
To everyone out there saying he's guilty or that he cheated the law, he had the money to pay off his accusers and settle out of court. Therefore, he should be treated as innocent.
fixed that for ya

Darkslash

Smash Master
fixed that for ya
Really now?

Why does SWF of all places have to swoop down to so low levels? This is like the dog thread and the Proom just ***** it to hell and back. Seriously.

I for one am saddened. I was a big of MJ when I was younger and his death, though I accepted it, hasn't clicked to me yet.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
I said enough. Drop it.
I don't particularly want to close this but if you guys keep bickering, I will.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Regardless of what you thought of the guy you have to give it to him he made some **** good music and thats how he should be remembered, by his amazing music not by the controersy surrounding him.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Dammit. That's three old-school celebrities in two days. June 2009 officially sucks. And to think it all started on my first day after school ended.

RIP Michael Jackson. Ye shall be missed.

The King of Pop is dead. Long live the King.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Regardless of what you thought of the guy you have to give it to him he made some **** good music and that's how he should be remembered, by his amazing music not by the controversy surrounding him.
lolfix
I didn't quite like the guy after the rumors, but I loved his music.

Therefore, I don't know whether to care or believe he OD'd.

So.

Yeah. Death is bad. Agreed?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
ZoMg, hE cHaNGeD dA WuRlD wIf HeZ mUzAk

I wouldn't have met my wife or had my daughter if Michael Jackson didn't exist. Strange, but true :(
I can appreciate stories like this as long as they stay within one's own personal perspective. For example, I believe that Weird Al Yankovic has made a very large impact on my life. His music taught me about the importance of non-conformity and "daring to be stupid" in a time in my life when I was absolutely obsessed with pleasing others and trying to fit in. Since that time, I've bought all his albums and I'm still very fond of his music. I won't, however, say that he was an immensely important man like people are about Micheal Jackson right now merely on my own bias towards him. A great performer and songwriter, a wonderful family man, a charitible and humble guy, and a downright funny and relatively clean (a rarity today) comedy singer. With this being said, he is an all around great guy but I will not try to convince people that he was a revolutionary, the greatest singer whoever lived, a saint/angel (no lie, I just about spewed orange juice all over my moniter when people said this about Jackson in various youtube videos), and never deserved to be criticized during anytime in his life (again, the things that people say on youtube leave me dumbfounded sometimes).

Currently, I'm kind of annoyed because I'm comparing how people are responding to this to how people responded to Steve Irwin's death. Most people found Steve's death funny despite him having many great qualities, dedicating and even endangering his life for great causes, and leaving behind a wife and two kids while Micheal Jackson was somewhat of a self absorbed showman (especially after the 80's ended) with questionable character. Then again, people responded better to that fat **** Anna Nicole's (I may be an agnostic theist but I'll gladly entertain the idea that she's burning in Hell like a roman torch for simply being a waste of a human life) death so maybe I should be raising more of an eyebrow to how people raise celebrities to God like status than the questionable integrity of the celebrities themselves. Oh and if people respond like this to Brittney Spear's death (which they no doubt will), I will super glue my palm to my face for a week.

Terra~

Smash Journeyman
He makes you wait for his next show
You pay for this show
And he dies
You've been hit by - You've been struck by - A smooth criminal.

Sorry for the "comic relief" moment but really MJ was a sweet dude, regardless what has surrounded him in the last few years. He was a god for a while, heck he has been a freakin Transformer (Reference : Moonwalker. The game or the movie. Epic) Okay it's not a transformer, but its a huge *** robot. That's crazy sick.

But like everyone else, he had to go, his heart indeed just stopped to Beat It :(

RIP King of pop <3

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
It's not a competition :mad:
I know, right?

What I find sad is when people make a person's death a huge deal based off their high popularity. Some people don't even know that Coretta Scott King died. Yeah, MJ has done so much in the world, but as far as entertainment. He didn't really leave the world with anything but that. There is his money, but the government is going to fight to the death trying to get it.

Don't get me wrong. I have condolences to his family and those attached to him. But I just can't stand it when people make a fuss over a celebrity's death just because they idolize them for their expertise.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I know, right?

What I find sad is when people make a person's death a huge deal based off their high popularity. Some people don't even know that Coretta Scott King died. Yeah, MJ has done so much in the world, but as far as entertainment. He didn't really leave the world with anything but that.
Are you serious?

The guy was a philanthropist, back in the 80s and 90s he donated millions to people in need. He didn't just drop the money on them and walk away either, he literally went in person to some of these places and talked to people in need, but no one ever talks about that do they?

He's done so much for music and for people in need it would be a crime to not acknowledge his hard work.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Are you serious?

The guy was a philanthropist, back in the 80s and 90s he donated millions to people in need. He didn't just drop the money on them and walk away either, he literally went in person to some of these places and talked to people in need, but no one ever talks about that do they?

He's done so much for music and for people in need it would be a crime to not acknowledge his hard work.
So you would say he did these things for people from his heart? Or did he do it because his advisors told him to do it for promotional reasons?

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
I told you guys.

Edit: Re-opening this since it's been like 13 hours.

Be respectful to the other people in this thread.

Doubleedit: **** it i'll just delete the other post SINCE NO MODS ARE AROUND TO BUMP THIS FOR ME :mad:

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Dammit. That's three old-school celebrities in two days. June 2009 officially sucks. And to think it all started on my first day after school ended.

RIP Michael Jackson. Ye shall be missed.

The King of Pop is dead. Long live the King.
Didn't you know? Celebrities always die in threes.

(No seriously, it's true.)

That said, I definitely respect Michael Jackson for everything that he's done, he's affected lives, and he has some good music. He's done some good things and he's definitely made some great music. He was legally innocent for the scandals, and I'm not entirely sure I would believe the allegations unofficially anyways.

I just wish people wouldn't make such a big deal out of it. You can see how many threads have been made about him here, and there was even an FML that was admitted by the admins just saying "Michael Jackson died." (which defeats the purpose of an FML since they're...y'know, supposed to be entertaining/shocking)
It annoys me when anything becomes too prevalent, and this just isn't an exception.

My best wishes to his family, though.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Augh, I feel so bad.

I just went away on vacation to a computer-less resort, and when it's almost over yesterday, I figure out the king of pop is gone. (I got the news on my blackberry.)

So I just got back, so I'm probably pretty late, but RIP man. He may have been a bit whacko, but he was a good man overall, and made some **** great music too.

Seriously, I could hardly even sleep last night because it just came as so much of a shock, especially since he was about to make a big comeback in just a few weeks.

D

Deleted member

I lol because last week, no one cared about his existance and now he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
"kinda annoyed by all the people that are happy he died on the grounds of an accusation that was strong enough to make people believe he did it anyway"

-Dire

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
This is really sad.

Anyone no matter what genre of music they prefer,likes at least 1 MJ song.

I am a die hard metal fan but MJ was the balls.

RIP Michael you were the greatest dancer/singer of all time.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Listening to all his great hits again. Just too dang good.

My friend tells me Michael Jackson, 2Pac, Elvis and Bruce Lee are alive and in Kahootz...

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I lol because last week, no one cared about his existance and now he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.
It's one of the great ironies or life, or is it death?

Who knows, but it's always been this way.
"Hah! Pedo!"

*Drops dead*

"Omg MJ I luff yoo!"

Still, we've lost a great entertainer, that much is true.

Top Bottom