• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[official] Michael Jackson dies at age 50. RIP MJ.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
They just said on news that his cancer is bad. I'm not really sure he died of an heart attack...

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I was crazy about MJ for most of my life, even with all of the allegations of child molestation, I was still a fan of his music.

It's too soon to say he's dead though, there are a lot of reports going around, even while I post there's one about him being in a coma. We'll just have to wait and see.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
http://www.tmz.com/

TMZ are the source saying he is dead.

Other reports saying he had a heart attack and is in hospital, and they don't know if he's dead.

M@v

Subarashii!
hopefully the reports are false.

EDIT: check fox news, they are following the story. They have him as alive.

LLDL

Smash Hero
NBC officially says he is dead

CNN says he is in a coma.

They are both official sources, which should I follow. They are both saying these two stories right now..

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
LA Times said he was in a coma and then are confirming his death . Unfortunately, seems like it's true.

R.I.P my thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Yep, he just died.

Well, guess yet another artist dies because of drugs/cancer. Man, these things are everywhere!

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
RIP, Jacko.

Despite all the controversies around him, he was a great musician.

Songs like Thriller, Billy Jean or Stranger in Moscow will be remembered forever.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
R.I.P Farrah Fawcet too, my thoughts and prayers are with her family too.

(Some ads popping up on the site should be removed if possible)

Hai?

Smash Rookie
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090625/people_nm/us_jackson_5

.___.

RIP Michael Jackson.

"One of the few artists to have been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twice, his other achievements include multiple Guinness World Records—including one for "Most Successful Entertainer of All Time"—13 Grammy Awards, 13 number one singles in his solo career—more than any other male artist in the Hot 100 era—and the sales of over 750 million albums worldwide. Cited as one of the world's most famous men, Jackson's highly publicized personal life, coupled with his successful career, has made him a part of popular culture for almost four decades."

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman
It's really one of those surreal deaths, where it's kinda hard to realize when it happens.

R.I.P, he was an outstanding musician and dancer.

Also, R.I.P to Farrah Farrow, although i'm not familiar with her.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Thought it was cardiac arrest?
Most well-known cardiac arrest death cases are due to accidental drug overdoses, them being anti-depressants or sleeping pills (that slow down your heartbeat and tire you out). Others, just non-provoked accidents, like physical defects and/or crazy turns-of-events where they're put into an adrenaline rush or intense feeling.

So yeah, who knows, we'll know once the investigation's done and the news showed in a more detailed manner tomorrow.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Pretty insane stuff. He had some pretty great music. He had a lot of dirt on him, but looking at all this intense media coverage shows how huge he was.

Blazer

Smash Ace
Michael Jackson had amazing music. I'm still trying to absorb him being dead. It's just not hitting. I can't believe it at all.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
I remember being scared whenever Thriller came on the tv. Our generation is the last to see him in heavy rotation on MTV, to see him release an album. However, talent is timeless, and he certainly will not be forgotten. RIP Mike.

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
I don't care what he may have done. Nobody deserves to have their life taken so suddenly like this. At least he lived until 50 - the second half of his life.

I thank him for the memories and favours he's done to people through his work. May he rest in peace.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Lol, Mardyke, he didn't do anything WRONG. STOP BUYING INTO THE LIEZ!

XACE-K

Smash Master
RIP MJ. He was a great artist. Too bad most people recognize him for all the wrongs he has done that have happened.

Top Bottom