• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Metaknight Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
Everything we would want to learn from the temp ban, I personally believe would fall into one of the three categories I laid out in my little template a few pages back, being...

1. Character variety in tournaments
2. Top Players placements
3. Any problems that come up from the banning of metaknight (Rampant Ice Climbers or something)

The only other thing that we would want to look at would be tournament attendance and impressions, but the former is hard to measure and might even incite some anti-banners to cross their arms and refuse to officially come to tournaments, and the latter is very subjective. We would have to lie that out very well if we wanted to put it into the criteria.

Can anyone think of anything that wouldn't fall into one of these three categories? (I'm sure people will, in fact I'm hoping they do.)

Once we get a handful of main points, we can break them down into subsections, then define parameters for each one. Tying them together will be the most diffucult part.

Sound like a reasonable approach?

etecoon

Smash Hero
Those MK pics make me feel uncool. I, Kewkky, who keeps using MK-without-his-mask pics for his avatar, deny that those are good pics! TO SHAME! I'd infract you all, but I'm not the mod of these forums. Lucky people... :mad: :mad: :mad:
those pics were ****, I keep coming back to this topic just to look at that post

HOW CAN YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT BANNING META KNIGHT NOW IT'S LIKE KICKING A PUPPY

fkacyan

Smash Hero
8. are multiple characters dominant like in melee metagame?
HAR HAR HAR HAR.

If by 'multiple characters' you mean Fox players and some random outliers, yes. Sveet made an excellent post a few hundred pages ago outlining how Jiggs and Falco got almost all of their points from a few players.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
That puppy was being bad.

I don't know what you guys want to look for with a temp ban's tourney results... But what I WOULD look for is what characters place the most, and compare the % of characters in the top 8 with the MK-banned results of characters who place in the top 8. I would try and look for a larger number of different characters placing, as well as more positive feedback on the game from players and spectators. I'd read the comments on the MK-Banned tourneys during this time period, hear the word-of-mouth on what people say about their attended MK-Banned tourneys, and if they feel the game has changed for better or for worse after the data's gathered and observed.

Remember, we can't jump from "hypothesis" to "experimentation" when doing research! If you want to apply the temp-ban, you HAVE to know what you're gonna look for before experimenting!
There are some other things I think that is worth looking for and to pay attention to when the experiment begins.
Things like
1. How many people are attending these tourneys in comparison to other tourneys
2. Character Diversity(Already Said)
3. If the top 12 MKs attend and where they place
4. Feedback from players of ALL LEVELS of play
5. Side effect from banning him(like if Pit usage somehow radically rises)

To be honest, this should be done with a national tourney after MLG is done like
hypothetically " APEX 2011" or something.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Where top MKs place is completely irrelevant unless they have the same amount of time and quality of practice to hone their skill with their new main.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
You don't understand me.

Read what I've been saying the past three posts.

I do not disagree with a temp-ban. I do not disagree with arguing about the specifics (honestly I think this is a good thing, especially considering that there's a good 6 months before a temp-ban can logically take place).

I'm disagreeing with your actions and behavior surrounding the whole, "some AN TOs might not follow through with it." You're agreeing with the notion that we should shun AN or the majority of the region from the community if they disagree with a temp-ban, and I'm saying

1) You're still assuming that a temp-ban is the only 100% way to go for the community, and anyone who disagrees is absolutely wrong. The notion of "AGREE WITH ME OR ELSE," is stubborn. Disagreeing with a temp-ban can be and is understandable, and not, "stubborn, bigoted, horrible, etc," as you've been saying, ESPECIALLY when hardly anybody knows about the specifics about said temp-ban other than what the name implies.

2) You're assuming the entire region of AN is going to boycott the temp-ban, either because of the large concentration of good MKs or the blanket statements people have been dropping or Omni's group. Whatever the case, you haven't even brought it up with the specific TOs who would, even with further knowledge of what the temp-ban entails, still keep MK allowed in their tournaments. You haven't brought a reasonable argument or standpoint or anything to these people. Instead, you've pretty much said, "I'm gonna nutcheck you and we're going to alienate you from the competitive community because you disagree with us," which obviously ISN'T GOING TO MAKE THEM AGREE WITH YOU.

3) You're assuming alienating an entire region is even a good course of action to begin with. It isn't. You would just be splitting the Brawl community even further, and nothing would get accomplished.

What are you reading when you read my posts? Reposting the reasons why you want a temp-ban doesn't answer anything I'm bringing up.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
What I don't think a lot of people realize is that to truly test whether or not MK is broken, we would have essentially had to have had two universes, this one and one where MK was banned, and see how each metagame developed.

Everything else is going to be deeply flawed and people will have to accept that inaccuracy and find a good way to account for it.

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
Wait, what?

M2K's Melee Marth was just as good as other people who mained Marth for the entire span of the game. And Brawl characters do not take long to learn.

Give someone like M2K one month and his Diddy/Snake/Wario/whatever will kick everyone's ***.

etecoon

Smash Hero
M2K used melee marth from the beginning, he just changed characters a lot. he said himself that he'd have been better with him if he didn't do that

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Ok, last time I'm going to say this.

1) You're still assuming that a temp-ban is the only 100% way to go for the community, and anyone who disagrees is absolutely wrong.
Is a temp ban the 100% most correct course of action? There's absolutely no way to know that. Is it the best thing we have on the table right now? No one has argued to the contrary. You're saying that there might be something better. Well then, think of it and get back to us, because no one else has.
Did you not read this? A temp ban may not be the 100% best course of action, but it's the only one we have that isn't doing nothing. Oh, what's that? You say there is? What is it? You don't have it? That's because no one else does, either! Case rested.

The notion of "AGREE WITH ME OR ELSE," is stubborn. Disagreeing with a temp-ban can be and is understandable, and not, "stubborn, bigoted, horrible, etc," as you've been saying, ESPECIALLY when hardly anybody knows about the specifics about said temp-ban other than what the name implies.
The notion of "well, the rest of the community can agree, but if we lose, we just won't play along" is stubborn, too. If they don't want to agree with the specifics, fine. They don't even want to talk about it. Proof? There's no way AN hasn't heard about the tremendous amounts of ****-talking I've done to them in here. Oh, but none of them have come in here and set me straight. I've purposefully over-exaggerated to see if any of them would prove me wrong, because I can't just search them out. Nothing. There's no way they don't know by now. Sure, it's an assumption, and it's not perfect, but hey, one post. That's all it will take.

2) You're assuming the entire region of AN is going to boycott the temp-ban, either because of the large concentration of good MKs or the blanket statements people have been dropping or Omni's group.
I'm assuming that the majority of them will, or at least he majority of the good players, which also happen to be the people who main MK. It's honestly not that big of a stretch.

Whatever the case, you haven't even brought it up with the specific TOs who would, even with further knowledge of what the temp-ban entails, still keep MK allowed in their tournaments. You haven't brought a reasonable argument or standpoint or anything to these people. Instead, you've pretty much said, "I'm gonna nutcheck you and we're going to alienate you from the competitive community because you disagree with us," which obviously ISN'T GOING TO MAKE THEM AGREE WITH YOU.
Nothing will make them agree with us at this point. If they, at any time, seriously considered just breaking off from competitive Brawl because we beat them in a vote (which is the only way a temp-ban would happen) then:

A ) they deserve what they get.
B ) they're extremist enough to where logic won't persuade them now.

3) You're assuming alienating an entire region is even a good course of action to begin with. It isn't. You would just be splitting the Brawl community even further, and nothing would get accomplished.
Further than it already is? Hardly. I'd be speeding up the process that's already on its course. Besides, they'd be acting like children, and children have no concept of anything other than pleasure/pain learning. You reward those who participate and you punish those who don't. Act like kids, be treated like kids.

It's really simple.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Ok, last time I'm going to say this.

Did you not read this? A temp ban may not be the 100% best course of action, but it's the only one we have that isn't doing nothing. Oh, what's that? You say there is? What is it? You don't have it? That's because no one else does, either! Case rested.
And some people may think that doing nothing is better than a temp-ban. Maybe they're misinformed (because there have been all of like 3 posts of 47098098 that have covered the specifics of the temp-ban), or maybe they're informed and have legitimate concerns, but whatever the case is it doesn't mean they are 100% wrong. And I'm not saying that as a generic, "no one's ever wrong," statement, I'm saying I don't see enough evidence of, "if we don't do a temp-ban then the community's going down the drain," for it to be unreasonable for people to disagree with a temp-ban.

The notion of "well, the rest of the community can agree, but if we lose, we just won't play along" is stubborn, too.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

Sounds dumb, and you can just say, "Fight fire with fire," but in that case everyone's going to burn. Being stupid back won't help this problem.

If they don't want to agree with the specifics, fine. They don't even want to talk about it. Proof? There's no way AN hasn't heard about the tremendous amounts of ****-talking I've done to them in here. Oh, but none of them have come in here and set me straight. I've purposefully over-exaggerated to see if any of them would prove me wrong, because I can't just search them out. Nothing. There's no way they don't know by now. Sure, it's an assumption, and it's not perfect, but hey, one post. That's all it will take.
wat
10wats

Had I not checked back over the like 4-5 pages I missed since I went to school or to sleep (I don't even remember what day it was), I wouldn't have found pure_awesome's post on a potential criteria for a temp-ban and wouldn't have known what a good template was like. I'm one of the maybe 1% of competitive players that even moderately keeps up with this thread.

You're assuming this thread is a huge site of activity and it's the central issue of competitive Brawl right now, or something. It really isn't. It's just the same 10-20 people posting the same stuff for 700+ pages. Barely anyone actually follows this thread lol. Just because you call out AN on page 740-whatever a few times doesn't mean they're all going to start coming here and looking for good temp-ban criteria or even assume it exists. I certainly wouldn't with over a year of barely any progress on the issue.

The people who post in this thread have commented on what you brought up. But nobody else. Because nobody else visits this thread lol.

You have to actually bring things like this to people's attention if you, well, want them to get attention. This would mean talking with these TOs or making this a big issue or just telling people around your community about how a temp-ban is a more serious consideration than being tossed around for the past year.

I'm assuming that the majority of them will, or at least he majority of the good players, which also happen to be the people who main MK. It's honestly not that big of a stretch.
And I can assume that the majority of them won't without that big of a stretch. I find it probable either way.

Nothing will make them agree with us at this point. If they, at any time, seriously considered just breaking off from competitive Brawl because we beat them in a vote (which is the only way a temp-ban would happen) then:

A ) they deserve what they get.
B ) they're extremist enough to where logic won't persuade them now.
Again, you're assuming all of these people are well-versed on the subject and know all the new discussion going around and everything—

After the "final" MK poll after SNES or whenever, a lot of people stopped caring about the issue. Honestly, a lot of people stopped caring or never started to care about the issue beforehand. But especially with the creation of this thread, and how Hylian prefaces it by saying the whole thing seems redundant to him — that's how a lot of people feel. Even with the old threads where there were polls and more weight to discussion, there were still only the consistent 15-20ish people, with a few people just dropping by to share their opinions for a post, or maybe a day, and then leave.

So reasonably, most people don't know much about a temp-ban. Why? Because when they hear it, they don't think, "oh that's what those people on MK Discussion number 6 were talking about for 100 pages," they think, "oh that's what that one guy brought up it's a dumb idea." Back then especially it was tossed around as a compromise, and many people including myself thought it was bad because hardly anyone delved into it. All it seemed like was a slippery slope into an eventual permanent ban of MK, and we'd just be collecting data we already know or have theorycrafted.

So maybe, when a lot of people who hardly follow or don't at all follow these discussions, when they hear about a temp-ban of MK in a region with a lot of MKs and seemingly a lot of people who are against his ban, they'd jump to the solution of just running MK-allowed tournaments during the time period.

It's not that people don't care about the issue, it's that people don't know about the issue. You're assuming the majority of the competitive community keeps up with this thread at any given point and they don't — really, hardly anybody does.

Further than it already is? Hardly. I'd be speeding up the process that's already on its course. Besides, they'd be acting like children, and children have no concept of anything other than pleasure/pain learning. You reward those who participate and you punish those who don't. Act like kids, be treated like kids.

It's really simple.
No.

I can't see how anybody who cares about the future of competitive Brawl would acknowledge that their actions are speeding up its death, and they could easily prevent it, but refuse to because, "Well they're acting like kids so we have to treat them like kids."

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
M2K: Speed up the death of Brawl. Could have easily prevented it if he never helped out anyone, at anytime in Brawl's history, ever, or he could have done less timing out/playing gay. Cares about the health of the game because CHA-CHING he be ballin off the paper he makes from it.

Judo777

Smash Master
wait what? did someone say that where the top MK's place is irrelevant? how do u figure? Brawl is not a completely different game from character to character with (very few) exceptions. The most important concepts like spacing, juggling, and prediction aren't gonna be that different for most characters. If players are truly good then they will be competent with other characters. If M2K went to marth during a temp ban sure he might not win or even make top 5 at some huge tournaments but i dont think we would see him at like 26th. M2K is a good player hes gonna be good with who ever he plays. People act like time spent playing one character is only time invested into 1 character when the more basic underlying principles of fighting games are learned with any character.

The other thing u must take into consideration is that people like M2K might not win the tourney but because of the vast number of high placing MKs there will be alot of people in the same boat so unless u are worried about esam, lou, dehf and mike haze goin to town but i dont see many others taking the MK's spots.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Honestly I don't even think you need a temp ban to prove Brawl is better off with MK banned.

You can probably use Rajam's data (he records ALL head-to-head results and characters) to find out MK doesn't have a single even matchup besides the ditto.

But if the only way to actually get people to do something about is temp ban, then so be it.

etecoon

Smash Hero
MK not having any even matchups isn't news, at all, and you should feel bad for confusing it as such

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
It's nice and all that you're all listing what you will all look for with the data that we'd acquire from a temp-ban... But what good will that do? If you just look for things individually, no one's gonna agree with you that you're right, or that they're wrong, or that MK IS dominating too much, or isn't dominating as much at all. What you guys HAVE to do is come up with a "limiter" of what will be the threshold between "banning MK is helping the metagame", "banning MK didn't do anything to the metagame", and "banning MK harmed the metagame".

You will all look for the basic info... But what information exactly is what's gonna tell us that MK is dominating too much? What exactly will you guys look for that will point out to this? Once we have the data, how will you bridge it all to "Metaknight" instead of "unhealthy metagame"? The banning of MK wouldn't be the only thing affecting the metagame at that point, remember that!

1) The sudden disappearance of the most dominant character (the #1, I'm not saying the SUPERdominant character) will leave the metagame unbalanced and we'll be having non-accurate displays of what will the metagame look like after a permanent ban until AFTER everyone has settled on a character and learned their MUs. It will take some time, and I'm not entirely sure 6 months will be enough to balance the metagame out once again... But to each his own, and apparently a lot of people have their opinions riding on this plan (whenever AND if it's ever undertaken)...

2) The sudden disappearance of the most used character will leave tourney results of players fluctuating beneath the top 2 results, which is also to be noted when information gathering. The MK mainers who used to place before might not place anymore, so whoever takes their spot will be fighting with everyone else to see who goes farther in a bracket, or if they had a secondary they'd be really fighting for those spots now! Imagine that, different results of different players here and there every time in every tourney (beneath the obvious best non-MK players, they'll place the same as they always did, if not better, due to their competition vanishing in thin air)... Will this be called a "healthy metagame", what with different results coming in at different tourneys before the metagame's stabilized once more? In MY opinion, this will take more than 6 months to stabilize...

3) With the sudden disappearance of the most dominant character, other "gay" characters will be able to run rampart free from their limiter, and we would see more domination from these other "gay" characters due to no one being able to "outgay them". Yes, I'm saying that MK is the one stopping DDDs dead in their tracks, beating ICs here and there, halting Snakes from going too far, and planking Falcos from their top spots in tourneys, and not to mention whatever other gay strategies circulating unbeknownst of the masses because of MK dealing with them to the point where people instead choose to join the winged bat's side. With that one character gone, they will no longer be pushed down by his tornados and dair camping/planking/scrooging self, and instead will be able to run free from punishment for doing so. This is only a preview of what I PERSONALLY believe is in store for us when MK disappears from the competitive scene: a very gay game... Wouldn't you guys agree that their most annoying and limiting MU will disappear? If so, what are your opinions on what will hold them back this time, and with the sudden domination of their mainers, not attract ex-MK mainers (or frustrated players who keep losing to them, just like with MK) to use them?This is all speculation, but their most annoying an limiting MU WILL disappear. And we won't know until what extent will their dominance last, until AFTER 6 months...

Apart from these 3 reasons... Wouldn't you guys agree that the game took more than 6 months for us to know which character was the completely dominant? In 6 months since the game came out, with all of our Melee veterans and experienced players playing the game and knowing what to look out or this time, compared to what we went through when Melee came out, we saw Snake as the most dominant THEN MK as the most dominant, and we were still guessing who would be the TRUE #1 character in the game by then. How will we know if the 6-month temp ban will bring us what we want? What if after we ban MK due to a 2/3 majority, after 6 months/2 years of the game being MK-less, we find out that we don't like the game how it is now? We'd need, once again, a 2/3 majority to let MK back in, and go through this same arduous process for the betterment of the game... Will a 6-month temp-ban bring us the answer to this question?

All good things for you guys to think about... And it took me a while to type this in (cuz I'm busy doing other stuff), so pardon my tardiness.

etecoon

Smash Hero
etecoon: Then you should probably stop making obvious trolling posts about temp bans yes
don't see the relevance, no one from anti ban has been claiming that MK goes even with anyone except maybe like inui or someone lol. saying "MK has no even matchups so everyone should be in favor of a ban!" is an abortion of logic

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
By that logic, he would have not stalled/scrooge/whatever the hell else becuase that would affect his long term income.
Actually it's kind of like producers of Oil. Think about it like this:

If people stopped producing Oil/distributing it completely this instance, you bet there would be a worldwide opposition and backlash. Now the faster and more Oil they produce at any one instance, the lower the price of each gallon/barrel is. 100 Million Barrels in a day sold for $60 each, compared to 10 Million Barrels a day over the span of ten days with each one sold for $75 or more.

Obviously you will run out of Oil sometime. The way to maximize profits would be to keep production/distribution levels low enough to squeeze out profits, while keeping people happy enough to sustain production without massive negative consequences.

Now look at M2K: If he planked and scrooged every tournament, you bet that people would be quite angry or disgusted with the game, and either the game would die that much quicker or people would put in place rules to specifically stop that. Now, on the flop side, if he never did those things, he arguably could have lost out on some of that money by placing lower. So what would probably be the best choice for him? To do stuff like that, but spaced out or infrequent enough to keep people satisfied enough to not hamper him from doing it/killing the game much faster. M2K might have done it a bit too much, or too fast/too close together, as a lot of people are thinking about or have implemented scrooging/planking rules in part because of his actions. But by doing this he has definitely made more money overall than if he never ever ever did it period.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
we saw Snake as the most dominant THEN MK as the most dominant, and we were still guessing who would be the TRUE #1 character in the game by then.
I just have issue with this one thing, I'll let someone else nitpick at the rest of that post...

What about the whole statistical data that puts MK at like 30% of tourney victories, Snake at 19%, and the rest in the single digits?

Edit: Wtf this is the third page I've started...

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Ive honestly given up on the mk ban thing. After the sbr/anti-ban side literally looked at Crows and OS's charts/graphs/data and admitted that the numbers are TRUE and that everything the pro-ban side has said DID happen they STILL decided to keep metaknight. Once i saw that, i realized that there is no hope for banning mk. I realize that TOO many people want money and by eliminating MK it eliminates thier best chance(because hes the best character) at earning that money. As a TO, i will just sit back and let mk continue to steal matches from innocent children untill the children decide to drop brawl. I hate to say it but this community(brawl) is more money hungry and more "i dont give a ****" than the melee days. It makes me sad to say it but its TRULY the way it is.

Flayl

Smash Hero
don't see the relevance, no one from anti ban has been claiming that MK goes even with anyone except maybe like inui or someone lol. saying "MK has no even matchups so everyone should be in favor of a ban!" is an abortion of logic
Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Ive honestly given up on the mk ban thing. After the sbr/anti-ban side literally looked at Crows and OS's charts/graphs/data and admitted that the numbers are TRUE and that everything the pro-ban side has said DID happen they STILL decided to keep metaknight. Once i saw that, i realized that there is no hope for banning mk. I realize that TOO many people want money and by eliminating MK it eliminates thier best chance(because hes the best character) at earning that money. As a TO, i will just sit back and let mk continue to steal matches from innocent children untill the children decide to drop brawl. I hate to say it but this community(brawl) is more money hungry and more "i dont give a ****" than the melee days. It makes me sad to say it but its TRULY the way it is.
That is not at all how some of it happened >.>

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
What about the whole statistical data that puts MK at like 30% of tourney victories, Snake at 19%, and the rest in the single digits?
I can counter that with two things...

1) We didn't need Crow!'s posts to know just how dominant MK is. Him posting it, is just you lazy guys' way of saying "See? Look at this! WE TOLD YOU SO!" without thinking about my second point...

2) Reinstated again and again, other fighting games have characters that are equally as dominant, if not more dominant, than MK. You don't need charts nor numbers to prove this, just go into their tourney results thread and click on any thread you desire. So, for the same amount of times you've said "look at Crow!'s post!", other people have said "look at other fighting games!". If you want to treat Brawl like a fighting game, do so by treating it like a fighting game, and realize that Brawl isn't some special child that deserves special treatment, that it's actually much more balanced in results than other fighting games are.

So, what now? Are you gonna go ahead and ONCE AGAIN, do what this thread has done for the past couple of months? Go around in circles with me? Or are you gonna look at the situation from both sides? As for MY opinion, Mk isn't the special child of ugliness, it's his pseudo-stalling tactics that I believe is the culprit of lots of anger in our community. Have you seen how many times people talk about planking/scrooging/smart tornado spam in this thread? Do you know that they have inflated his tourney results? It's not the character, it's the strategy. If a person dies because someone shot at him, the gun didn't kill him, but the way the gun was used by the person did. Same with MK... MK as a character isn't really as bad as his tourney results make him out to be, but when given to players who know what to do with MK in order to win with their chances at their best, what do you think will happen? *drop uair jump uair regrab*

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I would still like graphs/charts of character dominance of other fighting games if you want to use it as one of your main counter-points to his argument. (Or at least links to a number of results)

Judo777

Smash Master
um i dont see many other fighting games with characters as dominant as MK. What are they?

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I would still like graphs/charts of character dominance of other fighting games if you want to use it as one of your main counter-points to his argument. (Or at least links to a number of results)
Before Crow! made his charts, how sure were you that MK was dominating this game? And what were your methods? Are you telling me that *gasp* the charts have ALWAYS been there, and that people always had them to know MK was dominating? Or was there one mythical moment where people believed by doing research, and checking out tourneys that happen in the forum's tourney results thread/subforum?

You don't need another Crow! to know what's obvious. Why dontcha google "(insert fighting game) tourney/tournament results" and read what people say, and check out the players and characters they use placing?

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
MvC2 has always had the elite four with a few outliers. SF4 has a varied results list, with Sagat, Rufus, Akuma, Balrog, and E. Honda all taking spots in the top three of the last major national tourney I'm aware of.

I don't know what game you're talking about.

Metaknight is everything, he's all you've ever wanted. You can win a set now, even if you never won it. Without him, as a player I'd be trash right.

My stance on the idea of banning MK for six months is this: it doesn't matter.

It seems to me that MK has had too big of an impact on the vast majority of the cast's metagame, to where there seemed to be a while where everybody was obsessing over the possibilities of footstool infinites on him.

Six months isn't enough of a researching time window in my opinion, but it would be a start. What I would do is that in that time I would analyze tournament results only, because as I've said before: six months isn't enough time for characters to develope experimental metagames designed solely for dealing with other top tiers and their worst matchups.

The "damage" has been done, and if we were to want to see a metagame develope completely unpolluted with past MK influences, I would think that we'd need at least 9-12 months for that, and I doubt the SBR would even consider going for such a stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom