• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover

1b. This guy is an idiot. I'm going to let him know.

- If you disagree with something that another member says or does, don't make a big deal out of it in the public of Melee Discussion. Either private message the person about the conflict you're experiencing with them, or put in a complaint at Forum Disputes. Remember, unless he killed your mother, the conflict can still be resolved.

2a. My opinion is the only opinion

- If you're going to post what you think, be prepared to have some opposition to your theory. Instead of arguing, however, accept the other member's critique graciously. It may improve your game, or even further enlighten your thinking. Try not to deliberately cause the argument to escalate if one occurs. Follow the previous recommendations if an argument breaks out.

2b. So what'd you have for supper today?

- When posting, try to stay on the same topic as the thread creator's initial intention. Whilst posting in a thread, do not get carried away in another discussion with an online friend or a real friend that is currently online. The irrelevance just causes chaos in the thread and a sharp turn away from the original intent.
So anyways... since this is the Tier List topic... who wants to talk about, y'know, the tier list?

Kage is ridiculous with Gdorf... keep reppin him mad sexy like that and he'll be up higher on the list in no time.

Aesir

Smash Master
I'm beginning to the question the how incredibly biased this list is. Link isn't any higher it's been like 2 years and he's still this low? I'm really calling you guys out on this. How can you place DK and Luigi Higher but leave behind mr. sexy hylian? it just baffles me.

It's quite clear that link is much better then where he's placed and the simple fact that he's continously kept down by tier whores is just baffleing, I think it's time us link mains just stopped and really brought some pain to these high tier players. You know why smashboards? because They've got a power and a force that you've never seen before. They've got the ability to morph and to even up the score. No one can ever take them down the power lies on their siiiide. Go Go Power Rangers Go Go Power Rangers Go Go Power Rangers Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers. The day will come when link will be up there in the ranks of sheik and marth.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Link's game hasn't evolved in two years though.
Yeah, it has. Link nairs twice as much as his old gameplan.

Also I'm gonna CG Link all day and then he'll never move up the tier list.. and also he'll never be able to save the world.
But Link has the triforce of courage therefore he isn't afraid.... to be cged. >_>

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
pichu for low tier (or better) many chain throws(way better than pika's), massive kill power(more than bowser), faster than about 3 people, many grab set ups, good egde game, can wall jump, small target,can't be chain throwed by 90% of the ice climbers chain throw , amazing recovery, up B can be better than Wavedashing when mastered better sheild than pika/ grab/out of sheild game

and don't pull that he is light S*** so is j-puff and kirby and pichu will even live longer because of his recovery and if you say range then why is kirby higher than pichu, because kirby has bad range , is light, no relly great kill moves, slow ,just decent egde game and kirbicides that work only most of the time, it's G&Ws side B but if you get a one you just killed yourself for mo reason and WTF throws that sometimes don't work

plus kirby has a bad WD and slow run with a terrible dash attack that sets him up to be egde gamed

if i am forgeting something please tell me

pichu is not dead last at anything in the game or even close to last other than the getting up rolls and range for somethings(but not mush worse than luigi), and if anything he is the best at a few things

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
dude are you ****ing me, i main them and there is about 2 chain throws that work d-throw to grab(who uses that?) d-throw to dair to grab if you dair before the throw and that's petty hard and i find it easier to chain j-puff because there are more ways to chain j-puff and why is pichu lower if he has all that?

pockyD

Smash Legend
why would you need more than one way? all it takes is one

and how does one CG jigglypuff?

and how does any of that get around pichu damaging himself and having no range and being ridiculously light?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
dude pichu has amazing kill power, he can kill fox at 20% with f-smash and what does kirby have because i see nothing and really about 7% a stock is going to F*** you up really bad and kirby does have great range and he is light to

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
random, but i am going to think about pichu's approach about everything = grab and his up B can get up in your face very nice, but i, am going to look at this till i figure it out, i really don't have a problem geting in but i am going to think at your level and try and do it, note i am easily one of the pichus not the best but a really good one and i play everyone and i know about everyone to a level above a noob

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
*Ahem* I think we're all overlooking the bigger picture here... Mewtwo out of bottom tier. He is clearly more viable than all of the other bottom tiers, and I would say has much better match ups than Zelda. How G&W and Zelda are rated the same is beyond me though.

Mewtwo has more guaranteed finishers, a respectable grab range, is chain thrown by only ICs, Falcon, and Marth at lower %, and is very mobile for his size. Mewtwo's height is double edged, it makes people hit higher, and their SHFFLs become less safe. Mewtwo also has decent match-ups against the majority of high tiers and more notably, the fast fallers. What separates Mewtwo from the other bottom tiers is really the reliable combo starters, more guaranteed KO options, and tech chase options that the other bottom tier characters only have in possibly one category. G&W has those options, Roy has those options, Zelda doesn't really have that option and shouldn't be in low tier being that limited, IMO.

Hpnotiq

Smash Cadet
*Ahem* I think we're all overlooking the bigger picture here... Mewtwo out of bottom tier. He is clearly more viable than all of the other bottom tiers, and I would say has much better match ups than Zelda. How G&W and Zelda are rated the same is beyond me though.

Mewtwo has more guaranteed finishers, a respectable grab range, is chain thrown by only ICs, Falcon, and Marth at lower %, and is very mobile for his size. Mewtwo's height is double edged, it makes people hit higher, and their SHFFLs become less safe. Mewtwo also has decent match-ups against the majority of high tiers and more notably, the fast fallers. What separates Mewtwo from the other bottom tiers is really the reliable combo starters, more guaranteed KO options, and tech chase options that the other bottom tier characters only have in possibly one category. G&W has those options, Roy has those options, Zelda doesn't really have that option and shouldn't be in low tier being that limited, IMO.
hell yeah.. mew2 is truly underrated, maybe he's a very complicated character to use, and hard to win, but he's at least the first at the bottom tier..

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
m2 should be higher yes, he does have more good match-ups and zedla was put there for her amazing down B(just kidding) m2 has range and set-ups and a great recovery and that right there is way more than what bowser has nd i will let you say the rest because i am not an amazing m2 unlike pichu. really i think you just need to get more m2s ****** top tiers because that's about the only ones you need to own that's part why the ice climbers are so high they can shut them all down, but G&W and some other low tiers can take care of them

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Taj is probably right about Mewtwo.... but who plays Mewtwo besides him anyway? lmao. I don't think it would warrant a complete tier list overhaul.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
prolly not...but it does sort of prove that m2 does have a higher potential than originally thought

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Yeah, that much is true.

I honestly think Pichu is better than Kirby as well. Just throwing that out there, haha.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
rofl choknater xD

neg posts don't spam =)

anyways my tier list will be up soon it's official i confirmed it with nitendno

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
game tier list
god tier
melee

bottom
brawl

m2 is way better bowser and pichu is to, and if they banned yoshi story bowser would be on bottom

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
cept people play bowser at a high level

ive NEVER seen a high level pichu...

azen doesnt count.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
i thought chu was pika

and **** i forgota bout T0MMY

i remember T!MMY

but he doesnt really have the credentials gimpy or nintendo have..

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
T0mmy and T!mmy were never really that good LOL (i think they hyped themselves up IMO)

t0mmy got good at brawl with ROB though LOL

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
it is just me tommy quit, unlease you say he quit then he will say he didn't, yes it happened. chu dat that was his 4th pick, and KDJ pichu was his 3rd pick and pichu is really hard to be good as unlike bowser all bowser needs is l-cancel and fancy edge gaurd and yoshi's story is his metagame and look at the guide i am working on for pichu i haven't even gotten to up B and down-smash and they are great with skill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom