• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
kind of ridiculous logic

why would you ever MM anyone but mango and mew2king (and maybe chu) then, if you're only allowed to mm the perceived "best"?
Actually he wants to MM the perceived best players of the low-tiers he supposedly *****.

If he wants to play the household names of the character he has to play the best to prove the match-up is in his favor.

Stop trying to look for holes in my logic where there isn't.

Mango and M2k might have better low tiers but they're not the household names of those characters.

pockyD

Smash Legend
Actually he wants to MM the perceived best players of the low-tiers he supposedly *****.

If he wants to play the household names of the character he has to play the best to prove the match-up is in his favor.

Mango and M2k might have better low tiers but they're not the household names of those characters.
my god you're vain and stupid

infractions all around!

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer

infractions all around!
... Quick he beat me in an argument, best insult his moderation.

There have been numerous times I've let you slide, stop trying to antagonize. Get out of this thread with your garbage unless you want to post something of substance.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
The same can be said about Ganon then. Why should he go up if ONLY you have done well?
Well that's really hard to say as I go only Ganon in a tournament. I'm the only one right now that does that because I want to be extremely good at all matchups with this character. In recent times, I don't think anyone has the guts to do this, so... it is really up to me to win with only going Ganon. The other Ganon mains take up other characters to lessen the bad matchups for him right now. So that sucks, you can't rep Ganon properly that way.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
its ok. looool its funny

yeah Kage is the only one to actually stay his mid/low tier throughout the whole tourney

Taj has a marth.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Well that's really hard to say as I go only Ganon in a tournament. I'm the only one right now that does that because I want to be extremely good at all matchups with this character. In recent times, I don't think anyone has the guts to do this, so... it is really up to me to win with only going Ganon. The other Ganon mains take up other characters to lessen the bad matchups for him right now. So that sucks, you can't rep Ganon properly that way.
That's cus Taj actually wants to win >_>

Im not proposing moving M2 up to like, high tier or anything, im just saying he really needs to be somewhere away from garbage like Kirby and Bowser.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
i agree with that. its been pretty proven with Taj that you can compete sort of with M2

Divinokage

Smash Legend
That's cus Taj actually wants to win >_>

Im not proposing moving M2 up to like, high tier or anything, im just saying he really needs to be somewhere away from garbage like Kirby and Bowser.
Well then good luck with moving a character higher in the list. That just means all too much that M2 belongs low in the list.

puckgood

Smash Journeyman
Why do you care, stalker? Don't make me sic the po

There have been numerous times I've let you slide,
stop trying to antagonize.
Get out of this thread with your garbage
unless you want to post something of substance.
Am I the only one that thought this was a rap? I kind of rhymes and has a cool rhythm.... or not... :D

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
You sure do get shot a lot.

But I agree on paper he's good but he doesn't do anything or have any people backing him up.l

pockyD

Smash Legend
and yet when i answered your question with a similar answer, you flip out, accuse me of stalking you, then claim victory

i think it is YOU who is trying to push MY buttons. if so, great success

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
You never answered anything, you asked why would you MM the best and I answered to the best of my understanding what I had perceived his goal as.

And yet you come running back here like a lap dog, what would you like me to do Pocky, pat you on the head and say aww you're so smart?

pockyD

Smash Legend
well i dunno, i assumed anyone past a 7th grade education would have easily been able to figure out what i was saying, but i guess not. sorry for somehow managing to overestimate your intelligence (trust me, i thought that was very hard already)

what do i want? get off my nuts and quit judging posts by who makes them

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Rep Ganon? Does he need to be repped? Really?!?!?!

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
well i dunno, i assumed anyone past a 7th grade education would have easily been able to figure out what i was saying, but i guess not. sorry for somehow managing to overestimate your intelligence (trust me, i thought that was very hard already)

what do i want? get off my nuts and quit judging posts by who makes them
Actually upon rereading what you said, you never in fact answered anything.

You said my logic was ridiculous which I proved wrong.

You said I was vain and stupid, both infractable which I let slide and retorted.

Then you stopped posting, the only semblance of an argument you made was, if you're going to MM the best why MM anyone else but m2k, at this point I don't quite think you understand the point I'm trying to make.

You want to keep arguing, take it to PMs, I see another post from you here and I'll start handing out those infractions you seem to love complaining about so much though you haven't received more then 5 and only one from myself.

get the **** outta here.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I guess getting away with Starcraft would be tough, but you could probably play bridge or settlers of catan or something a little less intense in a software engineering job. At least I could, if my cube weren't hugely visible to my entire floor, but in any other cube, I could totally get away with something like that.

pockyD

Smash Legend
infract me all you want, while you are the one introducing/progressing off-topic subjects anyway. if you don't, some other moderator will/should, anyway. the only problem is that you also deserve the same infractions that i deserve, yet you would get off scot-free

what happened...

person: I want to MM player A
you: but player B is better than player A
me: why would that stop him from mm-ing player A
you: no he wants to mm the best. stop trying to disagree with me because there is no way you can possibly think i'm wrong
... unnecessary flaming from both sides, i agree ...
person: no, I just want to mm someone who is good and well known (read: not necessarily "the best")
you: oh i was just being curious! never mind that i was wrong and yet put up a huge fight about not being wrong for whatever reason and am still running around in circles

...and I stopped posting because I didn't have anything interesting or relevant to say in that time (also, I camp smashboards far less when I'm not at work). I don't feel obligated to post just for the sake of posting. in fact, if you stopped responding to me about this, i would stop posting about it too

and i can't play starcraft at work, duh

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
infract me all you want, while you are the one introducing/progressing off-topic subjects anyway

what happened...

you: no he wants to mm the best. stop trying to disagree with me because there is no way you can possibly think i'm wrong
person: no, I just want to mm someone who is good and well known (read: not necessarily "the best")
you: oh i was just being curious! never mind that i was wrong and yet put up a huge fight about not being wrong for whatever reason and am still running around in circles

...and I stopped posting because I didn't have anything interesting or relevant to say in that time (also, I camp smashboards far less when I'm not at work). I don't feel obligated to post just for the sake of posting. in fact, if you stopped responding to me about this, i would stop posting about it too

My last post on this matter.

Laijin if you've been following the thread has said he wanted to MM the best of the low tier mains.

When he mentioned a low-tier main who was not the best of the character, I asked him why he changed his mind when he's MMing the best of all the other characters.

Honestly, stop.

I think it's honestly a matter of you haven't been paying attention to the thread so you did not know Laijin's original purpose.

However when you have to devolve into petty insults of me being "vain or stupid" when I'm merely explaining why I was correct, your arguments are lessened then what have happened if you had stepped back and realized you were misunderstanding where I was coming from.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
infract me all you want, while you are the one introducing/progressing off-topic subjects anyway. if you don't, some other moderator will/should, anyway. the only problem is that you also deserve the same infractions that i deserve, yet you would get off scot-free

what happened...
OK, so I see how this is how you're seeing everything I guess, but here's how I've seen this whole argument from a 3rd party camping the boards...

Actual Quote:
hm. true story.
If I ever meet him, i'll money match his M2 for a large sum of money.
IE. $20.
I also wanna MM bum and gimpyfish. :|

Edit: Are you guyz going to FAST 2?
Pocky interpretation:
My Interpretation:
Why would you MM Gimpyfish when DJ Nintendo's bowser is largely considered better and he's still playing Smash.
Pocky interpretation:
My Interpretation:
kind of ridiculous logic

why would you ever MM anyone but mango and mew2king (and maybe chu) then, if you're only allowed to mm the perceived "best"?
Pocky interpretation:
Now here I feel like you've just misread the context of the previous conversation, nothing really dreadful, but you've presented an argument that seems irrelevant to the greater conversation.

Actual Quote:

Pocky interpretation:
My Interpretation:

infractions all around!

There have been numerous times I've let you slide, stop trying to antagonize. Get out of this thread with your garbage unless you want to post something of substance.
Pocky Interpretation:
I agree that it's unnecessary flaming, but I honestly don't think that Kevin's post should ilicit this type of response, so in 5-year world "YOU STARTED IT!"

In grown up world, you're right though, unneccessary and uncalled for from both sides.

Actual Quote:
o rly? idk. I just wanna MM an "awesome" bowser player who is well known.
Like you, Mr. KevinM
Pocky Interpretation:
Not actually any room for interpretation here, you got it right.

So sure, the whole argument is about reading "Taj, Bum, and GimpyFish" as "the best mewtwo, the best DK, and the best bowser" and then correcting Laijin on the community's general opinion of "the best bowser," when apparently he was just looking for generic well known and good players of those characters. But I honestly don't see how you can't see that as the root of what KevinM was saying...

Actual Quote:
<3 ^_^ I was just curious if it was personal preference sir.
Pocky Interpretation:
My Interpretation:
Mogwai said:
you: I was just asking why one would wanna MM Gimpyfish when the other players in that list would suggest that he was looking for the current "bests" with their respective characters.
I just used it as a random thing you can do to keep busy with a computer with internet access. Really anything but perpetuating this argument that is really based on a simple and completely understandable misunderstanding...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom