• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Rhan, did you just say wavedash out of shield --> attack beats marth's fair shield pressure? I might've misread, I really hope I did...

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Marth = space fairs vs samus she can't CC anything on you, and makes for an awesome shield pressure. If she gets smart and realizes that CC-->fsmash is the way to go against marth, then marth gets smart and starts shield grabbing it. Then samus realizes that you can CC--> JC grab as the marth shields, and make him look like an idiot.

Lastly, you realize melee is about mindgames and/or lucky predictions, but that marth has the advantage because he has a sword and a really gay tiara.

Also, link has a sword and a really gay tunic. By good logic, he's as good as marth. Get at me
lol I commend your effort. and obviously the mbr has as well.

but now its over. you already won. lol

save your **** posts for real discussions. you don't want to run out of good posts around 8k like some people....»__« :chuckle:

Violence

Smash Lord
It's not a wide margin. But he is with the advantage.

I said decent. Not good. Learn to read and comprehend.

A good player wouldn't FTilt a shield anyway. Jab pressure is better. And even better is missile grab.

It's not rare. It's one of Samus' main defenses. I've had an up B beat a Marth going for a well spaced tipper. Fair isn't that hard to get around either. If you go at the shield a simple wavedash out of shield to Ftilt/D-Smash/F-Smash.

You are very narrow minded. Marth isn't that strong in the match-up.
Her DTilt has decent sheild pressure and pushes Marth back.
Uhh... wut? Seriously? Go up to a Marth's shield, and Dtilt it. Pause the game immediately after Marth stops sliding. Revel in the wealth of things that Marth can do during Samus's tens of frames of lag. Spacing dtilts is a method of shield pressure against like... Ice Climbers, but against Marth? It's just asking to get cut. Far from decent, far from shield pressure.

Yeah... jab pressure a Marth. It's not like his grab hitbox is as long as your jab's or anything...
and even better is missile grab? Marth just jabs the missile and sidesteps the grab. Your grapple beam turns into a ruler for him to space his tipper.

I don't think you've played this matchup enough.

Have a Marth just space fairs on your shield at the tipper distance.

The following all fail:
Up B ooS
WD ooS Ftilt
WD ooS Dsmash
WD ooS Utilt
WD ooS Fsmash

Imo it's 30-70 and Samus's hardest matchup. Sheik to me is more like 35-65 or 40-60.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
Untrue. Unless the marth wants to spend 8 minutes making sure he doesn't get hit by a missile, he has to approach.

TheGoat

Smash Ace
KK's list is not even legit, I mean come on, we all know Sheik is better than Falco and that there aren't that many ties to the characters metagames.

yeah, as much as i love falco I doubt he's above shiek and marth. Also, peach is probably above falcon.

Jimbo Slice

Smash Journeyman
Falco has great representation.

Falco is the best character on stage.

Falco can combo every character.

Falco's worst match ups border on evenish.

Falco is better than Sheik and Marth.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Falco has great representation.

Falco is the best character on stage.

Falco can combo every character.

Falco's worst match ups border on evenish.

Sheik and Marth are better than Falco.
You ask me why I did that? Because that's what I see people say everytime I talk about falco, and I never quite understand how they get to the last step :dizzy:

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
eh, but lets not forget he gets combo'd just as hard as fox (which is basically all characters), but with a much worse recovery, and a semi-slow roll/techroll(i think?) too.

gotta add in sum cons too D:

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
O God, let's not start listing pros and cons of characters to justify your placement of them in the tier list. It just leads to more subjective opinion on how important certain pros and cons are in relation to each other and BLARGGHHH.

The system of comparing character's matchups at the upper end/tournament viable end of the tier list with a sprinkle of tournament evidence in is better (just a sprinkle though, otherwise outlier players like Armada start screwing stuff up).

But yeah, Falco>Sheik/Marth.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
O God, let's not start listing pros and cons of characters to justify your placement of them in the tier list. It just leads to more subjective opinion on how important certain pros and cons are in relation to each other and BLARGGHHH.

The system of comparing character's matchups at the upper end/tournament viable end of the tier list with a sprinkle of tournament evidence in is better (just a sprinkle though, otherwise outlier players like Armada start screwing stuff up).

But yeah, Falco>Sheik/Marth.
I really think we should be like almost every other game and just factor in results, not theory.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Like every other game? Aren't most fighting games' tier lists actually based solely on matchup charts....
I think its more tournament with like street fighter. but thats what a friend said, I don't actually know.

but in a vacuum MU is the ranking section of the tier list.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
I know it wasn't a serious post. That's why I didn't appreciate it ...

I'd prefer it if people actually made useful contributions to this thread.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Actually, G&W's recovery is reallly good, and incredibly difficult to edgeguard if you know how to sweetspot it...

Regardless, tier list is about the current metagame, and a matchup chart is highly debatable, obviously. Pure tournament results as well as pure matchup charts are equally misleading.

john!

Smash Hero
g&w's recovery is great, his sweetspot is absolutely massive. he's the low tier marth though, so if you knock his momentum away it makes things really tough. kirby's can be good too if you mix it up enough.

edit: ninja'd

Stevo

Smash Champion
well I guess that is debatable

and you could probably debate a few others.

I would say that 5 fits the term "many"

so therefore my statement was not false, it was just biased to my opinion.

rhan

Smash Hero
You entitled to your opinion. But I'm entitled to my opinion which claims you are false.

My definition of "many" is a majority. 5 characters out of 10 is half the list. 50% is not a majority. Therefore my opinion overrules yours.

Idk I'm bored.

Falco's recovery is hella bad.

Stevo

Smash Champion
but the new tier list isnt out yet so we don't know if maybe they are the only 5 in low tier lol

but seriously, side-b usage including shortening it actually gives falco some options.

rhan

Smash Hero
I was going by KK's list cause it's too legit not to go by. lol

IF any of the lower tier'd character that aren't Pikachu or Link make it higher than low I'll be hella surpised. Though it's very unlikely.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
falco's recovery is short and as such has a bad stigma because a lot of times he flat out just doesnt reach it back tothe stage

but in his defense, falco (and fox) probably have the most mixups and options in the entire cast for recovery.

Those are the only ones cept Roy.

Roy's recovery is better.
this wasnt a serious post was it?

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
falco has alot of options that roy doesnt. i know thats a troll post but for the record...

falco can wall jump
falco can shorten his ->B
falco can sweetspot the edge from more than one angle
falco can recover to the platforms
falco can stall with the shine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom