• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
After a certain point it becomes i relevant because the other characters are so bad that it doesn't matter who is better than who. I say the current tier list is.

Fox/Falco
Jigglypuff
Shiek
Marth
Captain Falcon
Peach
Ganondorf
Ice Climbers
Doctor Mario
Samus
Luigi

I feel as if DK has the potential to be good enough to put on the list but someone needs to actually do something worthwhile with the character first(Bum was too long ago)
It always matters.

heres my list
Fox
Falco
sheik
Jigglypuff
Marth
Captain Falcon
Peach
Ganondorf
Ice Climbers
Doctor Mario
Samus
Mario
Luigi
DK
mewtwo
sonic
tails
mr G&W
MK
Brawl
zelda
link
yl
oikachu
santa clause
George Bush
Yo momma
Flava Flav

llamapaste

Smash Journeyman
1.Fox
2. Falco
3. Puff
4. Sheik
5. Marth
6. Peach
7. Falcon
8. IC
9. Gannon
10. Samus
11. Doc
12. Luigi

Binx

Smash Master
The game has evolved to a point where its pretty much just player skill, Puff has some nice advantages though and if they ever do another Tier list should prolly be in the top 5 somewhere, definitely not above Marth, maybe right above or below Sheik.

Historically we base our tier lists off tourney results though so it would be

Mango
M2K
Marth
Falco
Puff
Fox

Merkuri

Smash Lord
The game has evolved to a point where its pretty much just player skill, Puff has some nice advantages though and if they ever do another Tier list should prolly be in the top 5 somewhere, definitely not above Marth, maybe right above or below Sheik.

Mango
M2K
Marth
Falco
Puff
Fox
I really hope views like this aren't common place amongst the Smash community today.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One

Mango
M2K
Marth
Falco
Puff
Fox
id say u are mistaken.

jiggs is prolly better than marth. i think marth is the worst of top tiers.

hbox also beats m2k and darc places well. based on tourney marth is prob last in top also. there are only 2 for the most part(a few more decent ones tho) at high lvl.

idk if id put sheik below or above puff tho

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Mango
M2K
Marth
Falco
Puff
Fox
I agree, but you messed up your tournament results. It would be:

Mango
M2K
Fox
Puff
Falco
Falcon
Marth
Sheik

jiggs is prolly better than marth. i think marth is the worst of top tiers.
you also think m2 is a good character.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Since when has Fox won a tournament? I mean, I know he's the best, but Fox hasn't won a tournament in a long while. Lucky won R3 or Pats House or something, but besides that Fox doesn't really get 1st anymore.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

Incronaut

Smash Ace
Fox wins a majority of the local/weekly tournaments (maybe some regional too), but when it comes to the big ones, the characters themselves becomes somewhat negligible because of the level of skill thats running amok... fox isnt winning the bigger ones because imo the best fox players (lucky/jman) arent as good as m2k, mango, and hbox yet, and so the foxes arent getting so called "recognition" from them...

of course im making HUGE generalizations here (there's still some character matchups that make a difference, and m2k/mango plays fox) but overall this is how i feel... so fox definitely isnt out of the metagame

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Fox wins a majority of the local/weekly tournaments (maybe some regional too), but when it comes to the big ones, the characters themselves becomes somewhat negligible because of the level of skill thats running amok... fox isnt winning the bigger ones because imo the best fox players (lucky/jman) arent as good as m2k, mango, and hbox yet, and so the foxes arent getting so called "recognition" from them...

of course im making HUGE generalizations here (there's still some character matchups that make a difference, and m2k/mango plays fox) but overall this is how i feel... so fox definitely isnt out of the metagame
Well Jman won SMYM12, and that had over 100 entrants so doesn't that count as a national tournament. And I'm pretty sure Mango could win a major tournament maining Fox.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
you also think m2 is a good character.
and ur the best player in the world

I like playing m2, and I dont think his matchups are that bad when playing them, or I dont mind playing them, just alot of mu knowledge.

but his flaws are exploitable and I have never incorrectly qualified his matchups vs another character

Animal

Smash Lord
ya'll are crazy. Falco should be next to fox. Marth should be below falcon. <warning controversial. sheik under falco, jiggz under sheik. peach below marth

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
If Mario had all of Doc's strengths added to his own, he'd be broken. But we'll leave that for Melee+.

Top tiers should be (IMO):
Fox
Falco
Marth
Jiggz
Shiek

But I'm a scrub so there could be so many things wrong with my chart.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
falcon being higher than marth is kinda debatable in this metagame, but i think people would've called you crazy had you said that 3 years ago lol

still blows my mind how much the metagame has changed in such a time...i don't think anybody could have imagined marth being lower than fox, falco, sheik, puff, and falcon at any point

Animal

Smash Lord
haha ya so true. I just feel that a Major problem with falcon was his recovery, but because of how much better we are DI'ing, falcon lives longer and can recover better.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I think it comes down to "too many ****ing falcon players". Seriously, everybody, their mom, and their aunt germane secondaries falcon, it's insane.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Yea, falcon isnt better than marth, but there are just alot of falcon players, and alot of falcon jokes.

falcon and then fox seem to have the largest character following.

It would be more likely that falcons start ****** harder than marths

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
amazing avatar and sig calamityofcox

have the top 7 characters even changed for the past like... 2 years? i think there are 2 tiers

top tier: top 7
fox falco sheik puff peach falcon marth no order

high tier: ganon ics doc samus

the top 7 web of matchups is full of even matchups... except for like sheik vs falcon. debatable stuff but i think from here it just comes down to skill

i like how in the west coast, ics (fly) doc (hmw shroomed) and samus (hugs) are all legitimate threats that should be prepared for

Fletch

Smash Master
amazing avatar and sig calamityofcox

have the top 7 characters even changed for the past like... 2 years? i think there are 2 tiers

top tier: top 7
fox falco sheik puff peach falcon marth no order

high tier: ganon ics doc samus

the top 7 web of matchups is full of even matchups... except for like sheik vs falcon. debatable stuff but i think from here it just comes down to skill

i like how in the west coast, ics (fly) doc (hmw shroomed) and samus (hugs) are all legitimate threats that should be prepared for
This all coming from the noob with negative posts.

But in all seriousness, I agree with this assessment for the most part, the top 7 all place top 10 at nationals and are a legitimate threat, and the high tier characters have a couple players playing them that make them somewhat viable. Outside of that, the rest don't really matter too much.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
in todays metagame, clearly:

top tier and high tier in order

puff
falco
fox

sheik
marth
peach
falcon

ganon
ic
samus
doc
Agreed except

Fox
Falco
Puff

I hear you spew the same thing that Falco has no bad matchups (which I actually agree) and think that, along with his tournament results make him better then Fox. But Fox, debatably, has no bad matchups too and UNDEBATABLY has the best matchups in the game.

I mean, maybe Falco has no bad matchups, but he goes even or very close to it with Sheik, Marth, Peach and Puff. Fox has the advantage on all these characters, a stronger one then any 55:45 Falco may or may not have. Less importantly, he also does better against IC and Samus and no worse against Ganon and Falcon.

Barring Falco (either even or 55:45 Falco) and the ditto, it's arguable Fox doesn't have any even matchups, never mind disadvantages.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Agreed except

Fox
Falco
Puff

I hear you spew the same thing that Falco has no bad matchups (which I actually agree) and think that, along with his tournament results make him better then Fox. But Fox, debatably, has no bad matchups too and UNDEBATABLY has the best matchups in the game.
I'm pretty sure when it's all said and done Shiek has the best match ups in the game because of how hard she ***** lower tiers. And I think Fox's matchups are overrated. I see lower tier mains beating a lot more good foxes than Falcos. Once you get past Fox's mobility he doesn't have much over Falco except for recovery, and a lot of gimps will kill spacies regardless of the extra distance that Fox gets with his up and side B.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I'm pretty sure when it's all said and done Shiek has the best match ups in the game because of how hard she ***** lower tiers. And I think Fox's matchups are overrated. I see lower tier mains beating a lot more good foxes than Falcos. Once you get past Fox's mobility he doesn't have much over Falco except for recoverys, and a lot of gimps will kill spacies regardless of the extra distance that Fox gets with his up and side B.
low tiers beat foxes when they don't know the matchup. fox ***** low tiers but he is combo-able.

really the only reason sheik may do better.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure when it's all said and done Shiek has the best match ups in the game because of how hard she ***** lower tiers. And I think Fox's matchups are overrated. I see lower tier mains beating a lot more good foxes than Falcos. Once you get past Fox's mobility he doesn't have much over Falco except for recovery, and a lot of gimps will kill spacies regardless of the extra distance that Fox gets with his up and side B.
Lower tier matchups don't matter in a tournament setting barely at all. Even if you do come across one, chances are the top tier ***** them adequately anyway.

Too bad the tier list isn't based on matchups.

You just got dunked sry
It seems to be the only justification you give.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
m2k and armada also think jiggs is the best

there's no point in arguing the overwhelming evidence of the past like 3 years, it's a little out of fashion to deny such common observations =/

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Lower tier matchups don't matter in a tournament setting barely at all. Even if you do come across one, chances are the top tier ***** them adequately anyway.
This is idiocy. Didn't two Ganon's, a Luigi and a Pikachu all make it to at least 17th at Pound 4? Keeping in mind that these players ***** a bunch of Foxes and other top tier mains on their way to 17th(A Ganon got 12th)

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
It's because the games a little stag. There are plenty of fresh low level high tier players and there are only handfuls of dedicated and invested low tier mains who can even considering competing in tournament. The fact remains, at the top level of play, those characters get ****ing *****. You don't see them winning, just their name halfway down the ****ing results!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom