• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Any craziness about pichu that you know of magus? Also magus has a way of makeing things seem like 3x more confuseing than they are.

but yoshi can light sheild and should get knocked fairly far away if you expect a grab roll to tilt, however I play very little yoshi.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
The only reason ganon can CG pichu is because pichus head islike 3x it's body.
I know i've read every melee guide that is stickied and linked other than falco guides(they didn't seem that helpful to me).

Also pichu's haed is only 1.3 times bigger http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uow7zcvl-KA

Also to Xianglian ohhhhhh what about all the amazing details about pichu should we talk about? I was wanting to stay on the yoshi topic brought up but whatever.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I don't have a printer and I prefer my own knowledge and my notebook with pichu data/mindgames/tactics. Also They would cover up my signs I have on all my walls.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Are we really gonna have another convo about pichu again? :urg:
Want to talk Doc? :3

Any craziness about pichu that you know of magus? Also magus has a way of makeing things seem like 3x more confuseing than they are.

but yoshi can light sheild and should get knocked fairly far away if you expect a grab roll to tilt, however I play very little yoshi.
Yeah maybe that's because he is talking technically. Though I don't mind because that encourages me to learn more about melee. : D

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm not on that list yet. xD I'll look forward forward to entering that list. ;-; lol

So who as a character is doing really well now then

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I don't know. Since the tier list is based on tournament results, meaning how PEOPLE do with characters, its possibly because of how one uses them. Maybe it also depends on the what movesets marios and docs have in their arsenal. Like Doc's fair kills, but mario's meteors. Maybe that might give some difference.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
M2K can't jv5 me, I hate you more for quiting when I was about to take a stock off of your gannon after that up-B trick to up-smash. That was more insulting that the 20 minutes of being chain thrown.

pills are a big deal so i've heard. also really mario's air attacks aren't so much faster it's like WTF besides they can both autocancel a 2 of them pretty well.mario can combo a little better, a hair better recovery and that's about it and f-smash range.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Does anyone else feel as if Doc is better than Samus? There are more docs play better than they are for Samus. And Samus player usually depend on really good mind games and really good reads. Doc players simply combo and do technical ****. Sorry if I seem to make assumptions here, I jut feel as if doc is best mid-tier character in the game(Ganondorf is high tier)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Docs also have to make good reads. In fact every character would benefit from mind games. Only good legit combos we are like, dunk to tomahawk.

Tech skills go hand in hand with 'mind games'. Don't be fooled.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Docs also have to make good reads. In fact every character would benefit from mind games. Only good legit combos we are like, dunk to tomahawk.

Tech skills go hand in hand with 'mind games'. Don't be fooled.
True, but Doc relies on it far Less than Samus does. He can actually fight while being crazy technical and no mind games, while Samus sucks at doing this. Furthermore Doc can both camp and play aggressively well, Samus can only camp. Playing aggressively sucks with her. I challenge you to find me a good Samus player who is aggressive.

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
Why is there such a large difference between doc and Mario?
I agree that Mario is too good to be THIS far away from Doc from what I see in the October (outdated) tiers and the tier-ries (Get it? Tiers? Theories? Tier-ies? ...Nevermind)

But I suppose in the recent metagame, easy KO potential is what matters more and since Doc has more power with tad less comboability...

But it think that range-based standoffs are becoming prominent (Jiggs _airs, anyone?) and I'm sure with Mario's greater range (sans the cape), he'll at least catch up to be 1 spot lower rather than 2 or even several spots below as tier-ries show. Also, I think Green Mario and DJN are pretty legit more than ever now so yeah.

Aside from my 2nd main, let's talk about Falco. Fox became at the top of the list because a "perfect" Fox had everything to **** everyone else into oblivion. But it seems like Brawl, the leader of the Starfox team might be overthrown by his feathered friend having better rep and skill than then. This is apparent with "Happy Feet 4".

Now I know my tier-ries suck (see like 50 pages back or so for proof) but for the most part, I honestly believe that Top, High, and Mid is gonna enter a new era, specially cause as said in a topic here in SWF, Melee will never die :D

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
True, but Doc relies on it far Less than Samus does. He can actually fight while being crazy technical and no mind games, while Samus sucks at doing this. Furthermore Doc can both camp and play aggressively well, Samus can only camp. Playing aggressively sucks with her. I challenge you to find me a good Samus player who is aggressive.

You are right. Samus's projectiles would be shut down if I was in her face. But its never something that should be overlooked for Doctor Mario. Smarts is what he really needs, against higher tiers. We have less moves in our arsenal that can really do us good. If we fight hard on aggressive against, lets say, a marth... We can get destroyed if not well thought out. "How do I get in?" The doc thinks... And once Doc tries to get in, he can get hit, and the marth will, before he gets near him. Its not all easy for Doc. We still have work to do, as does samus. It never really should be about who relies on what. Although we should look at what can benefit us, and be open to all options.

Definetly, Samus has the advantage from far away. Even though, she can also use tech. For example, her grab sucks close up, so she has the option of wavedashing away IN-shield. But no, I haven't seen Samuses attacking head on. But her attack options are good too.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Samus isn't meant to be like that nor can she. the only person that can really just go straight up in your face aggressive at the start of the match is falco.

many people have to be defenseive of some sort and take puff if she when and tryed to falco people even if she has the 0-death combos she can't do that and straight up rush you. most of the time you have to play what you can use best and samus's defense is good.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Since the tier list is based on tournament results
What gave you that impression? Tier list isn't based on tournament results, its based on MBR voting.

My list on the other hand is based completely off tournament results. I think if you look hard enough you'll see the difference between the two.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Yea, at Tourney play 4 m2k beat SS with his sheik.

afterwards they played some games, granted they were friendlys, but ss was beating m2ks other characters.

I see no reason to switch from sheik in that situation. I see no reason to do something other than a marth ditto. I see no reason to play brawl. I forgot he makes mad money so I see 1 reason, but its like that job you hate.
he won vs my marth and fox by half, peach about half i forget who won more of them but it was all last stock, falcon dittos he won majority, but i 2 stocked him with jigglypuff my only try <.< *shrug*

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
yes he is fun.

I'm both fun and gay to play

I camp like a ***** and CG like a homo but I do cool combos and move fast with random flashy stuff

but often I just aggro rush in friendlies cuz it's more fun and idc

man I'm thinking back to Super Champ Combo, I was REALLY good then x.x

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
yes he is fun.

I camp like a ***** and CG like a homo but I do cool combos and move fast with random flashy stuff

I think you 4 stocked me like 6 times in a row LOL. But I randomly beat you the first / last friendly I think. (whoops, I'm talking about scsa, my bad LOL. ionno how I got the two confused)

But yeah, you're incredibly fun to play too. I'm glad you don't let me get away with stupid ****. You make everyone else look easy as pie. mmmmmm pie. 8Q_________

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
yes he is fun.

I remember you four stocking me at TGMTSBCO.

Good times.

Smooth Criminal

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
he won vs my marth and fox by half, peach about half i forget who won more of them but it was all last stock, falcon dittos he won majority, but i 2 stocked him with jigglypuff my only try <.< *shrug*
Jiggz lol, you should play more of that lil dude.

You are also fun to play btw lol.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Too bad her name doesn't start with a G, otherwise you could combine the two and make it Girth.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Does anyone else feel as if Doc is better than Samus? There are more docs play better than they are for Samus. And Samus player usually depend on really good mind games and really good reads. Doc players simply combo and do technical ****. Sorry if I seem to make assumptions here, I jut feel as if doc is best mid-tier character in the game(Ganondorf is high tier)
It's hard to judge whether or not Doc prevails over Samus through the overall Matchup Chart, or vice versa. Samus has better attack range then Doc . But Doc doesn't have to be as committed to his moveset because of his faster falling speed. When Samus is in the air, she take's forever to land which allows her to be open. She can auto cancel missile animation lag as she lands, which is good for defense. Doc doesn't auto cancel the lag he has on his pills. Doc has a shorter grab range. Samus has a longer, but laggier grab. Samus has a much longer ranged recovery then Doc.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
We can combo her sure but the ***** never dies.

Commited... Right. Samus would have to make sure she gets the right move out then and there, or she's doomed to get hit...

And us docs... we can throw out whatever recklessly like some ape with a wrench and run away and go ape ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom