• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah I'm scurred of shiek. But I"m not scared to beat the **** out of her, and then maybe get my **** beaten too. Yep I'm reckless like that. Ok I shouldn't be. I was actually watching some vids today, of m2k and whoever he fought. (and some dogy vids too, took advantage of that library!) Good Marth. :3 I will always stay on doc, no matter how much it'll make me suffah.

Oh, but I'm not here to argue about the tier list. I just want to win. Soooooooo... Yeah. :3

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
I dislike how I read "sheik is limited" <__<

So my marth got taken to 1 stock and then I used Sheik and on the same stage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QILgpiojn8w&feature=related

and I'm considered a Marth main.

I really feel Sheik is better.
So, Mew2king are you going to just start going Sheik more often or something? I mean, I figure the only reason people consider you a Marth main now is because you always seems to pick Marth before you Pick Sheik. Unless that's just to feel someone out.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Probaly because he mains marth. LOL jk I don't know what he mains. Probaly mains kirby now.

null55

Smash Master
m2k mains marth, sheik, and fox.

he just says he's 'considered' for one of them when he's in need of supporting an argument.

john!

Smash Hero
Umm tbh I don't really care about the actual placements. Go to that topic if you want to debate about a game version you don't even play. But if the European scene has enough life to warrant a new list, then the American one probably does too. Just sayin.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Well you also have to look at when theirs was last updated. We just updated ours and then had to **** tourneys. it hasnt been that long since the final tier list was created.

tho I feel its outdated. The amount of life isnt really comparable.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Move Shiek over Marth, Jiggs under Shiek, and the list looks pretty good. Those seem like safe bets IMO.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Europe came out with a new PAL tier list.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=270158

Perhaps we should follow suit...?
I REALLY like the fact that even though armada is the best player from their country, they still have Peach as 6th place because they recognize great plaers being great with a char doesnt make that char THE BEST EVAR.

flip it to the american scene and people just cant stfu about how jiggs should be top tier just cuz the best players win with her :rolleyes:

wiitubeaccount

Smash Apprentice
luigi is in his own tier cause he is that cool. but i actually think that it makes sense. idk about marth that low and jiggs bieng that high. it's really interesting how diff. the meta game for diff regions in the same game!

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
My name was red 2 days ago so I may have once been a mod. Maybe it's like you have to charge your mod powers and just gotta believe, i'll ask victa he knows everything.

but what's wrong with luigi? he has fast movement and stuff. he has a decent recovery(in my book)

Scidadle

Smash Champion
His recovery is the 3rd worst in the game. Worst is roy 2nd worst is Doc. Dogysamich told me, DOGY KNOWS ALL

He gets gimped too hard

he gets gimped too hard

His spacing is difficult to control

he gets gimped too hard.

Oh and he dies really early.

I agree with all of PALs tierlist in NTSC except peach being top tier

Pikachu infront of link

And mewtwo infront of roy or even behind YL

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
I REALLY like the fact that even though armada is the best player from their country, they still have Peach as 6th place because they recognize great plaers being great with a char doesnt make that char THE BEST EVAR.

flip it to the american scene and people just cant stfu about how jiggs should be top tier just cuz the best players win with her :rolleyes:
lmao wow fail. you fail buddy. jiggs is obviously the best, even the europeans think so LMFAO

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I dont think jiggz is as good as the top tiers, but I think she is probably top of hi.

def not as good as fox, falco, and prob not sheik. but I question whether she is better than marth. She does have similar range vs his godly fair and more horizontal aerial control along with an impossible recovery.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
sheiks def better than puff

maybe not in a direct matchup, but she should be tier'd higher 100%

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
*puts more troll on the hook*

*hook, line, sinker*

It was just exaggeration. The point I was trying to convey was how amazing Jigglypuff as a character is. the massive leap in their tier list represents that, as well as how many of their top pro's consider Jigglypuff being the best.

gm jack

Smash Lord
I'm not aware of many who consider her the best. Just pretty much everyone understanding she is top tier. Too safe and too much punishment in good hands not to be.

Xianglian

Smash Journeyman
*puts more troll on the hook*

*hook, line, sinker*

It was just exaggeration. The point I was trying to convey was how amazing Jigglypuff as a character is. the massive leap in their tier list represents that, as well as how many of their top pro's consider Jigglypuff being the best.
Rule #14 - Do not argue with trolls — it means that they win.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I think everyone can agree she is better than anybody in high tier.

she isnt better than fox or falco.

Sheik, marth. puff is the big issue IMO.

Also as far as the "label" top vs high tier, Maybe we need to just have 5 in the top tier because those characters are the most likely to win or place highly in a tourney.

Fox
falco
sheik
puff
marth

I think sheik is to gay to not be better than marth, but puff may be better than marth.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
pichu's movement isnt that good. he has one of the shortest techs and a short wd. although his movements are better than kirby's.

i can name 10 chars w/ better movements than pichu. well maybe 10 idk im exagerating

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
pichu's movement isnt that good. he has one of the shortest techs and a short wd. although his movements are better than kirby's.

i can name 10 chars w/ better movements than pichu. well maybe 10 idk im exagerating
Are you trolling me or are you making a feeble attempt to respond to something somebody has said somewhere withing the confinements of what is known as this thread?

I also ppl dont include techs with movement since you cant tech under your own power. Movement only include mobility in the x and y direction of that in the air and on the ground.

(you can technically force yourself to tech if you WD backwards off a platform with your shield up. You will go into the tumbling animation from which you can tech.)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I count teching as part of movement. Its defensive movement. In fact, its probably one of the most important parts of movement because thats the time when you are most vulnerable.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I see it as important when talking about ability to escape combos.techchases.

but the TechROLL is only a small part of it when it comes down to movement. WD WLD DD, speed, traction walking, running, sticky, moonwalk, pivot, turnaround speed, jump speed, aerial mobility x, y are soooo much more important.

I think of it with defensive **** like, sidestep, roll F, roll B, tech, techroll, sheild size etc

not really important, just sayin I guess. IMO really

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Tech Roll is a big thing that screws over Falcon when playing against Shiek. If it was better, even with the other stuff he has to deal with in that matchup it would be much more manageable.

Just saying. Can't ignore how crucial something like that can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom