• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR 2010 NTSC Tier List

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Anyone else find it funny that the top 2 yoshi players are complete polar opposites for posting styles?

Leffen hates everyone and wants them to know how badly their opinions suck, Vman loves everyone and is too humble to post his on opinions.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Example: it was stated earlier, but I'd prolly get flamed, if I made a writeup on why I believe Yoshi vs Marth is 50/50.... I've played about every Marth you can think of... M2k, Taj, Tai, Dart, .JPG, Azen, Daheon.. Some Marths, I havent played oare, PPU, Niko, Ice.. (and sorry I'm sure there's a few I've missed) but the general point is.. I believe I have a very accurate, articulate enough statement(s) of why I have this belief... I've even taken games off of all these names above, so it wouldn't even be super theory brothers.. just tools I don't believe Yoshi gets credited for... ><
I've discussed the MU with PPU before and he also thinks it's 50/50.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
Both of the top Yoshis also have an affinity for drama. . . although vman mainly starts it indirectly. It is like AZ hype vs Leffen. Makes the Yoshi boards interesting.

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
this forums looks horrible atm =/
I agree. It's not horrible but the change looks a little forced. Like it's just different for the sake of being different.

And I can honestly say Zelda would not be bad if she moved at an acceptable pace (and maybe side b was a bit better and up B didn't have that stupid special fall) after using her a lot in friendlies lol.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I agree. It's not horrible but the change looks a little forced. Like it's just different for the sake of being different.
Well its a completely different forum software. It will look different because its built from the ground up by completely different companies. Also keep in mind that many features haven't been added yet and it will continue to get better as time goes on.

And I can honestly say Zelda would not be bad if she moved at an acceptable pace (and maybe side b was a bit better and up B didn't have that stupid special fall) after using her a lot in friendlies lol.
Zelda has one of (if not the) best shields in the game, abuse it. Try hiding in your shield as an offense. Fair/Bair OoS is really fast (just slightly slower than peach nair oos) and you can DJ->waveland, falling 2nd kick or waveland. You can also fullhop nair OoS which can combo into a kick if they don't escape. Zelda also has one of the better rolls (iirc she is in the same roll classes as shiek) and wavedashing is always an option.

Oh and when you Upb, go high and upb into the ground, she has significant lag reduction when she lands directly on the ground (which is opposite of pikachu who has less lag if you end in the air).

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
the Forums look awfully Shoryuken in here......

Sup guys. Has the tier list spontaneously changed since the boards went down?
not really, though I would not be surprised if we see changes in the matchup charts. probably with Puff vs. Yink.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Zelda's attacks are really good except for her u-smash and f-smash sometimes just not working. She's also missing a grab.

So to improve her, all you really need to do is make her moves work all the time (u-smash and f-smash would be amazing if they weren't SDIable) and give her the opportunity to make combat about attack vs. attack interactions rather than Zelda whiff into dash dance grab interactions. Which basically means movement buff and / or a quality sex kick.

john!

Smash Hero
re: the now forum... i think new look is all right, but there are some really dumb bugs... the "latest post" button takes you to the latest post from exactly one year ago... not to mention they took away 15 posts per page... shoutouts to the remaining 15PPP master race... we fought the growing enemy horde until the bitter end...

also, avatars are ****ed up, and i don't think i can reach usergroups... but at least their room ban algorithm got ****ed up, so now i can post in the light house again LOL

takes twice as long as expected to implement with all these dumb bugs... kind of sad IMO. i'd post this in announcements discussion but the posting rights are ****ed up there too haha

leffen

Smash Champion
Generations ruby is clearly the best atm imo, but I don't like how it uses too much bright red at times.

Oh well, this will certainly be fixed with time. Overall I'm happy smashboards is trying to improve.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I used to use Generations Emerald, so the change isn't so significant for me. Hopefully Emerald/Sapphire come back though, would be nice for people who don't like the Red.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I wish I could use Neo Blue, but with the white, center portion switched to black (and the text inverted to white, obviously). Anyone familiar with Chrome's Stylish extension wanna try making that? I would if I knew anything about CSS. I'm betting it'd be really easy.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
How do I change my skin?

also, having to scroll past all the administrative forums and brawl forums is really annoying because it doesnt seem like you can close them anymore

edit: nvm. Neo Blue is soothing

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
I think I'm going to go with Ruby. Blue looks old. . . Anyone else notice that titles change based on the style? All this change is so exciting.

Also, on FB the other day:

" People who think yoshi is low tier are noobs. Just sayin" -SW

Internalyzed

Smash Apprentice
Zelda's attacks are really good except for her u-smash and f-smash sometimes just not working. She's also missing a grab.

So to improve her, all you really need to do is make her moves work all the time (u-smash and f-smash would be amazing if they weren't SDIable) and give her the opportunity to make combat about attack vs. attack interactions rather than Zelda whiff into dash dance grab interactions. Which basically means movement buff and / or a quality sex kick.
Hits that deal 1% or less aren't SDIable in v 1.0. If anyone from the SD Remix team is reading this, it'd be a cool change to implement (though from what I hear, the low tiers are OP already).

If her moves are really good, her other character traits must be incredibly flawed.

Top Bottom