• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR 2010 NTSC Tier List

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
but you get to make jokes about blowjobs

also refflax gonna post too hooray

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
While Bowser is a much larger character (and therefore much easier to tag with moves), his attacks are also larger, which helps his general offense a lot, especially when a majority of their most useful (or even usable) offensive moves basically require opponents to run into your attacks, due to their being so slow.

Though Kirby can potentially keep himself safer, the mobility and general safety of most good characters' options make the tradeoff negligible in a lot of matchups. Also, Bowser's superior recovery and weight advantage also helps to even that out.

Kirby gets screwed by standard high tier strengths pretty hard--Those KO setups get him especially early, while Bowser at least has a couple more chances before Fox's U-Throw -> U-Air takes him out of the game. Having a "sixth sense" for proper countering with Up-B goes a long way in providing the pressure necessary to get, say, a grab and start doing things to the opponent. Having a move you can get out there no matter what really helps to make you a relevant threat all the time.

The tech chase game for both characters is pretty comparable overall, too. I'd just say that Bowser has some unique tools that give him more of a chance when the opponent is playing it smart instead of straight-up bumrushing you.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
the bottom three are all really bad and I don't care which is the worst

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Pichu at least has speed, up smash, recovery, and some combos. I'm not sure if he's better than Ness though. Ness has some nifty djc stuff, a really good back throw, dash attack, and fair.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
what can he do vs dash dancing tho
He has a reasonable set of tools out of his dashdance, too. Up-B, large and quick dash grab, and a decent aerial to swat some aerial approaches (F-Air). There's also the general safety of throwing out an F-Tilt from time to time to keep people from being all too willing to just some at your from the ground

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
That's it then!
maybe something like this?

Bottom:
:nessmelee:, :pichumelee:, :bowsermelee:+:kirbymelee:

I don't know, you pros tell me.
I'm gonna let you guys decide who's the worst.

E-102 Gamma

Smash Journeyman
Afaik, the characters that have aerial grabs are Captain Falcon and Ganondorf (Up-B), Mewtwo and Bowser (side-B), and Yoshi and Kirby (B).

For clarity's sake, I'm defining aerial grabs as aerial attacks that can circumvent shields and cause the grabbed character to become unable to move independently of the character who is using the aerial grab during a portion of or all of the move. Probably not the best possible definition, but hopefully it'll serve its purpose.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Its not that embarassing losing to Pichu. At least pichu is fast and difficult to edgeguard so she gives the illusion of being mildly difficult to fight.

Kirby just floats around and dies instantly once offstage.

Pichu > bowser > kirby

E-102 Gamma

Smash Journeyman
Consider their appearances. Pichu is a cute little mouse Pokemon. Kirby is a self-puffing marshmallow person. Bowser is a giant scary fire-breathing reptilian thing of death.

Which would you feel the worst about losing to?

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
^the one with a 9 frame jump

As a point of reference, here are all of Marth's attacks that come out faster than Bowser's jump:

jab (frame 4)
fair (4) [note: this means Marth can jump, be fully airborne, and swing a gigantic fair out before Bowser is even out of jumpstart frames]
uair (5)
dsmash (5)
jab 2 (5)
upB (5)
utilt (6)
nair (6)
dair (6)
side B (6)
ftilt (7)
dtilt (7)
bair (7)
grab (7)

And the attacks that are slower:

fsmash (10)
dash attack (12)
usmash (13)
shieldbreaker (16)

Thats right. A Bowser jump is only one frame faster than a Marth fsmash. Its that much of a commitment. Every. time. he. jumps.

I suppose he should be thankful he has upB oos and ledge getup attack. Cause lord knows he'll be stuck on the ledge or in his shield for the majority of the match.

twizzlerj

Smash Journeyman
^the one with a 9 frame jump

As a point of reference, here are all of Marth's attacks that come out faster than Bowser's jump:

jab (frame 4)
fair (4) [note: this means Marth can jump, be fully airborne, and swing a gigantic fair out before Bowser is even out of jumpstart frames]
uair (5)
dsmash (5)
jab 2 (5)
upB (5)
utilt (6)
nair (6)
dair (6)
side B (6)
ftilt (7)
dtilt (7)
bair (7)
grab (7)

And the attacks that are slower:

fsmash (10)
dash attack (12)
usmash (13)
shieldbreaker (16)

Thats right. A Bowser jump is only one frame faster than a Marth fsmash. Its that much of a commitment. Every. time. he. jumps.

I suppose he should be thankful he has upB oos and ledge getup attack. Cause lord knows he'll be stuck on the ledge or in his shield for the majority of the match.
i always would feel the worst after losing to bowser and after reading this post i think if i ever lose to bowser that feeling would be so awful i would probably go from embarassed to depressed lol.

Top Bottom