• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR 2010 NTSC Tier List

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Of course he does. One hit clanks, then he cancels it into an insanely awesome combo.

See? Counter.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
He was trying to make a joke that if your clang the lucario can auto-cancel and get in a hit while the other player is in lag. Which is like counter cause he blocks the hit with priority then hits him..except I would hope you couldn't do that.

Your right, there isn't an actual counter.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Why would you hope he can't do that? It'd be awesome. Coolest counter in the game, but difficult to pull off.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I haven't played PM yet, so it's really just form what I've heard, I just don't want to see this **** get out of hand.

I undertsand he's super technical but he sounds near broken in the hands of a super technical melee fox player.

leffen

Smash Champion
lucario suffers from some horrible shortsights of the developers

crouch canceling and defensive play that know his options ANNIHILATE him

he is basically the bad from fox (technical/consistency issues to hell) and the worst from ics (terribly situational, every matchup is really different and relies HEAVILY on 100 different gimmicks).

he also requires A LOT of brawl experience to be played proplerly (more than half of his AT's are brawl only stuff) as well as some streetfighter or other standard 2d to use his option selects

I've been playing him a lot though and hes really fun, just bad
hes definitely not better than midtier, which probably means low tier since almost all characters but him and charizard+ness are good.

Lucas/TL is super mega good though god DAMN

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
I agreed with pretty much everything else, but run up shield is a downright staple of Mango's game play, and I see Armada abuse it all the time to get his nair OoS to end stocks.
thank you, so many times I disagree with bones, but here we are in a 100% agreement..run in shield is a staple in several of marths matchups and probably dozens of matchups in the game total...

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Leffen, what do you think about Ganon and Ike? I was talking with some people about it the other day, and those of us that are Ganon mains all agree that Ike is essentially a better Ganon.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
awww damn. Ness is bad, I wanted to play him so much in PM, I guess I'll give lucas a try. Does he use the same upB as ness in PM?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
everyone's good, just try anyone you want out. some are better than others but no one that you literally can't be good with.

D

Deleted member

I got the same impression from lucario too. his gimmick basically makes him unreliable as hell. cool, but bad. brawl characters and their gimmicks lol

JPOBS

Smash Hero
since the thread is on topic of P:M and i know jack **** about the game, i want to ask:

Will the P:M team be releasing patches as the game ages for certain things that develop in the metagame? Or will they just release it and never patch it a la melee and hope for the best?

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
They mentioned something about continuing adding to the game with new stages and possibly characters, not sure if that means patches but I'm guessing if they add they'll edit.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Well as long as they can skirt the "were done" statement, they can do w/e they want and piss off nobody

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Are you betraying the dark lord? You can't have 2 things at once, it's either purple or some scrub swordsman.
I'm pretty sure Ike is actually a reincarnation of Ganon. Try him out next time you play PM, and just do exactly what you'd do if you were playing Ganon. It'll work out really well.

odinNJ

Smash Lord
Yes to your first thing. No to your second. I believe he ties with falco (my most recent opinion)

Top Bottom