• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR 2010 NTSC Tier List

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Kage has probably tried Ike.. He's is simply saying that if he may be a reincarnation of Ganon, he's aint no Ganon!
Ya of course I tried him but I didn't like it quite as much. Hitting with your sword like Ike does isn't really satisfying except if you fsmash however when i play Ganon, every hit seems to hurt so much. It brings joy to my heart.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I don't like him as much, but he seems to be practically the same character, just with all of his attacks having more range, a lot of them being faster, and his Warlock Punch (Fsmash) actually being usable.

D

Deleted member

That's probably exactly why.
I dislike the new Zelda as well. It's not that she feels weak or bad, rather she's one of the best characters in the game. It's more like as soon as she became so easily accessible, she doesn't feel like "my" character anymore.

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
Umbreon I totally know what you mean. When I play Fox I feel like a scrub because his shield pressure is so easy all of a sudden and I can't do any of that **** in Melee.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It's weird, but not completely illogical. Part of the draw that low tier mains have is the satisfaction of winning with a significantly worse character, along with the general enjoyment of the character's playstyle. Even if the character's playstyle is mostly intact, yet improved, some people can find the character less satisfying. I vehemently opposed several buffs to Donkey Kong throughout development in Project M for this reason, and I love the way he turned out.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
It's weird, but not completely illogical. Part of the draw that low tier mains have is the satisfaction of winning with a significantly worse character, along with the general enjoyment of the character's playstyle. Even if the character's playstyle is mostly intact, yet improved, some people can find the character less satisfying. I vehemently opposed several buffs to Donkey Kong throughout development in Project M for this reason, and I love the way he turned out.
Project M Ness feels absolutely nothing like Melee.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I don't know what you're talking about. P:M Roy feels like a cross between Ganondorf and Marth, with emphasis on the Ganondorf. In other words, he feels like what Ganon would feel like if he didn't use his sword just for the result screen.

Warhawk

Smash Lord
Which is completely stupid since he was a faster character in Path of Radiance and didn't really have too absurd of strength. I don't get why Nintendo went the way they did with his general character attributes in Brawl lol.

Warhawk

Smash Lord
Good point lol. I guess I can understand trying to appeal to the casual audience as that seems to be Nintendo's primary audience, but Melee managed to appeal greatly to both. That's why all things considered I feel like its the better game beyond the more subjective preference of how the game plays stuff.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Project M has been more popular with my friends than Melee or Brawl ever were. That should say something. The ones who play it purely casually and don't care about competition find it a lot more fun. The only ones who don't like it are the ones who think they can play Brawl competitively when they can't, and that characters like Falco are way worse due to him having his Melee downB.

Warhawk

Smash Lord
Ehh most people I know still prefer melee over project M due to a few physics quirks and the sound effects. I know I don't like the way the physics differences kind of hurt certain areas of Falco and Falcon's combo game, although I do like the greater stage variety and the new Bowser.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Yeah, those problems have bugged me as well. The people I'm referring to, the "casual" audience, don't know enough about the game to notice any of that, though.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I'm still so torn on Luigi vs Mario in their placement

Luigi seriously just sucks if he loses his ground control for whatever reason

I guess PS mitigates this vs Falco (still think Falco ***** him but that's neither here nor there) but Sheik and ICs still poop on him

Fox also poops on him

Mario can always do something but a lot of the time 'something' doesn't include 'kill' and what he's doing just isn't enough. I think vs campy ICs that knows how to ruin Luigi's main strat, Mario is probably better. But not by much and Luigi improves drastically if the opponent just doesn't... do that style of camping. As long as he has his offense (his best trait IMO) he's pretty reasonable.

Small stages only. Stop keeping Luigi down!

Doc is gay but Sheik ***** him (Fox can also **** him if you play vaguely fraudulently or just don't mess up much and hit your 2-steps - FD is dumb though). Still not convinced he's good vs Puff. Don't know how the Falco MU goes (seems like Doc can do pretty well in that one by randomly hitting any knockdown and tech chasing down smash into gimps or whatever). Down smash > down smash seriously just works lol.

I still think Puff is top tier. Resistance to combos and edgeguards. In several of the past MU guides I've written about her (on the boards or otherwise) I've noticed a lot of beating her efficiently is punishing bad floaty habits (flailing being the big one). I can't help but fear these are faults of the players, and not Jigglypuff. But maybe I'm overestimating her? I dunno.

ICs are gay but I still think Peach bops them (though it's not as bad as it used to be). Better than Falcon under the "neutrals only" ruleset if wobbling allowed. Otherwise, Falcon is better.

D

Deleted member

Zelda M's pretty stupid tbh.

Like you don't even have to try to win and it just happens anyway.
pretty much. i don't dislike zelda because she's too good, i dislike her because she's too easy.

apparently i posted this 3 days ago. nvm. at least i'm consistent.

odinNJ

Smash Lord
I think luigi is a great character who gets destroyed by most top tiers.
I think Mario is underrated because so many prefer doc.
I agree with the puff thing.
Marth should go down also.

D

Deleted member

Man Ike is overpowered. I'm not going to explain why, but I just want to say that.
lol and i think ike is awful. interesting contrast.

KK can i suggest teaching me how to not blow at magic? i'm pretty desperate lol

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I completely agree with KK about Ike feeling like Melee Ganon.

I don't have a low opinion of him, though, because I'm a Ganon main, and that would mean I'd have a low opinion of myself. Or I'd main a different character.

But I still agree, Ike feels a lot like Melee Ganon.

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
lol and i think ike is awful. interesting contrast.

KK can i suggest teaching me how to not blow at magic? i'm pretty desperate lol
I mean he's probably not op conisdering all the testing they put into it and i've only been playing since it came out. But god damn he is strong. Such big hitboxes and amazing mixups.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I'd be willing to bet Ike is overall a good character, maybe top 10 tier wise. Of course so much can change before it's finished though.

I think Pit has a lot of potential.

Top Bottom