• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR 2010 NTSC Tier List

Bing

Smash Master
Im pretty sure that d-tilt sh fair(Repeat) works on more stages then FD...

Roy's empty SH does have its purpose and it is effective,however I wouldnt say one of the best in the game.

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
When speaking of how good an empty short hop is, I assume we're not talking about a characters options out of it. The point of an empty short hop is to throw off your opponent or tomahawk and speed is almost all that matters in that regard. For example, Jigglypuff has a useless empty sh because she can't ff for so long and her ff speed is low. I bet DK's is great too.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Roy doesn't have anything threatening enough to keep his opponent shielding like that when he jumps (i.e. Puff's bair). So sure, he has a fast empty hop, but it isn't nearly as threatening, so it isn't nearly as effective.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
True, but most will stay in shield and just expect to shield grab roy.

And if they do try and grab you cancatch them with fsmash if they are a slow grabber or dsmash if their grab is fast
:phone:

Bones0

Smash Legend
For example, Jigglypuff has a useless empty sh because she can't ff for so long and her ff speed is low.
Have you ever actually watched Hungrybox play? lol

Falling down vs. shine is worse when the Fox is shining defensively, like shine OoS. If a Marth gets shined OoS (unless it's grounded, but only a few good players ever use that) he's fine. If a Falco gets shined OoS, Fox has time to land and put serious pressure on him. On the other hand, if Fox is linking into shine from a dair, I'd rather get knocked down where it isn't a guaranteed punish like waveshine grab/usmash is. But then you have to consider whether the Fox will even shine in the same situations vs. different characters. If Marth is at kill %, Fox will just drillshine usmash. If Falco is at kill %, Fox would rather grab or usmash directly out of the drill instead of shining to force a tech chase.

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
Okay so I didn't fully think the Puff sh thing through. What I meant was that you can't use her sh to just jump right infront of your sheild like you can with others. But yes it is useful.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
What I meant was that you can't use her sh to just jump right infront of your sheild like you can with others.
Why not?

Character with second most aerial mobility and several double jumps... video aside, can you tell me why this kind of play doesn't work? Her movement attributes make her one of the best for this kind of thing, IMO, given how much control she has...

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Empty shorthops work by the threat of an option that they have while in the air (or in Roy's case, people being used to Marth being threatening). Jigglypuff has several threatening options. I don't see how anyone could call Jiggs' empty shorthop bad, even in spite of its comparative speed.

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
why not?

character with second most aerial mobility and several double jumps... Video aside, can you tell me why this kind of play doesn't work? Her movement attributes make her one of the best for this kind of thing, imo, given how much control she has...
Okay it works it was good. I WAS WRONG.

D

Deleted member

Empty shorthops work by the threat of an option that they have while in the air (or in Roy's case, people being used to Marth being threatening). Jigglypuff has several threatening options. I don't see how anyone could call Jiggs' empty shorthop bad, even in spite of its comparative speed.
roy doesn't really have anything threatening in the air, but his empty hop is still good for the same reasons. i think it has more to do with the threatening movement more so than character specific strategies. just a guess though.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It's still up in the air. You'll find people on both sides of the fence.

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
Wtf that has been talked about it so much. Fox is better when he is playing to full human potential, but Falco is easy to be consistent with, plus lasers.

odinNJ

Smash Lord
I think the backroom has to release a new list soon, theres not enough controversey going on.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha, what should we make a controversy about?

my only qualm with the tier list is that ylink should be above link, dk, and luigi

but i'm biased because i am really dedicated to that character, and i don't know about dk and luigi players and what they are doing these days, and how theyre advancing

odinNJ

Smash Lord
zelderp vs falco? i have no idea seems like she would gimp him hradcroe

odinNJ

Smash Lord
ripple are you like obsessed with mew2 or something, i swear your last couple of posts ive seen have been you talking about how good m2 is.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I think Taj could have timed out Armada on DL at G2. Turnip catching + shadowball spamming + teleporting to the top plat = epic stall.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
ripple are you like obsessed with mew2 or something, i swear your last couple of posts ive seen have been you talking about how good m2 is.
Ionly talk about m2 because he's better than roy

:phone:

odinNJ

Smash Lord
lol but just recently you started taking every oppurtunity to bash roy over m2

Top Bottom