• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR 2010 NTSC Tier List

TheLake

Smash Master
I think the fact I took a game off a top level falco at the time shows falco isnt nearly that bad for zelda lol

but truth is in the eye of the beholder

or somthing....to that effect

You find a high level sheik

losing to a high level zelda

and ill give you a high five

and a your favorite vegetable

Zelda should never be the bottom of anyones list

she actually has some decent high tier matchups

that arent winnable with the other low end characters

puff and ic's for example

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i think ic's can camp her

she's still real solid on the defense though, i think the matchup is closely matched

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Puff isn't terrible for Zelda. Puff can't edgeguard her, for one, and Zelda has some good ranged moves that can punish puff for hitting her shield with bair

D

Deleted member

Puff isn't terrible for Zelda. Puff can't edgeguard her, for one, and Zelda has some good ranged moves that can punish puff for hitting her shield with bair
edge hog > wait for up b > get up > rest

**** kills.

Andy Lawliet

Smash Cadet
puff crouches -> Zelda cant do ****

crouch -> Zelda does anything on the ground -> sh bair -> crouch again
crouch -> Zelda does Fair/Bair which doesn't hit -> uair

Zelda is above you -> uair -> zelda dead

Zelda is offstage -> edgehog -> Zelda lands on the stage -> w/e (rest if you can hit; fsmash)
-> Zelda goes high with her up B -> uair or do whatever aerial ypu want while she's falling down

Edit: Of course you'll have problems with Zelda if you're just doing your normal WoP **** or float/jump around her perfect fair/bair hight all the time (like that puff in the video)

That puff in the video posted obviously a) didn't knew how to play the MU and b) was not as good as the Zelda player
He also got 2 stocked using Falco, you can't possibly use that as a legit evidence for anything

KingofCereal

Smash Journeyman
Zelda has to play as close to perfect as possible to beat anyone, but I think puff would be way easier than pretty much any other high tier.

Impp

Smash Ace
I think Falco's actually doable (not in Zelda's favor, by any means, but in no way is it one of her worst match ups.)
In my opinion the only matches that makes Zelda nonviable at the very highest levels of play are Sheik, Falcon, Fox, and maybe Pikachu. (Marth isn't too good either.) I actually agree with her spot on the current tier list.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Doesn't Mewtwo need to be able to have some sort of move that let's him get in, before he can combo? Besides, Zelda can at least handle floaties.

D

Deleted member

zelda really doesn't want to recover against jigglypuff lol, better to DI up and try air dodging.

i think falco is doable.

i think mewtwo vs zelda is even, although i personally have never had a problem beating any mewtwo, having beaten 3 of the 4 "good" mewtwo's through the history of this game, the 4th being myself.

i also haven't had any problems with pikachu, although axe narrowly beat me, i attribute that to player skill and not the MU.

fox is why zelda is bad. falcon and sheik are rough, but fox is much, much worse.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Her fair/bair are better than most of Mewtwo's moves for approaching (they're still sub-optimal).

JPOBS

Smash Hero
At least mewtwo can reliably (reliable by low tier standards) combo/kill off of hits. Zelda is reduced to "approach with shield -> kick" ad nauseum and hope they get hit by it enough to die.

leffen

Smash Champion
At least mewtwo can reliably (reliable by low tier standards) combo/kill off of hits. Zelda is reduced to "approach with shield -> kick" ad nauseum and hope they get hit by it enough to die.
I hate when people act like the fox/whatever player has to make a technical error or something for him to get hit.

its a mixup, and while zelda has worse risk/reward she is still pretty damn potent at zoning.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
While I agree that the fox doesn't have to make a mistake to get hit, but you missed the point of my post entirely. Mewtwo atleast (and pretty much all the actual good charatcers) can actually land one reasonable hit, and then kill fox in a combo. How is zelda going to do that? She has to land like 5 or 6 individuals fair/bairs which basically comes down to extreme reads/spacing/mixups the entire set.

That's pretty taxing.

leffen

Smash Champion
Mewtwo can not kill fox of one MIXUP, which is what matters.

and what you define as a "combo" are a billion of small reads etc.

and with good DI you can NEVER combo a fox 0-death lol.

not to mention that getting a clean hit is pretty hard with mewtwo.

also, I think you underestimate the fact that zelda can chaingrab, tech chase (dash attack) and that fox dies off a kick at 50 (which deals 20%)

Top Bottom