• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR 2010 NTSC Tier List

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
roy vs ganon...sounds obscenely bad....forced to rely entirely on dtilt and grab...can't the ganon just bair to safely box out the roys grabs since the lag is small? and there's like no risk for ganon jumping near the ledge while roy is going to be forced to play defensive when he runs out of space. I predict this matchup will be in kage's favor..with massive wins on all the small stages

odinNJ

Smash Lord
First hit of reverse blazer. Basically if jiggs lands a rest and you can come back in time it's either this or fsmash depending on percentage. Missing it gets you rested though

:phone:

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
Are there really any moves that are truly set? I thought some moves just took less account for percent when calculating knockback. Like there has to at least be a noticable difference between 0 and 999. Actually I think shine ignores %. Someone answer.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
some jabs, fox shine, bowser's upthrow, and probably some other moves are set knockback

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
We talked about this on the jiggs board a week ago but I can't find any of it. I believe it was said that reverse blazer does have set knockback and will kill over 40% on like, BF PS as well as over 10% or something on YS.

I may be wrong, if I can find the posts that'd be great.

odinNJ

Smash Lord
We had a discussion about this on the Roy boards too pretty recently. But it wasnt too indepth

:phone:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
LOL Bowser's uthrow. Why do you know that?
Years of experience.

We talked about this on the jiggs board a week ago but I can't find any of it. I believe it was said that reverse blazer does have set knockback and will kill over 40% on like, BF PS as well as over 10% or something on YS.
If it's set knockback, why would the % be relevant? For the record, it's set KB (weight dependent like shine) afaik.
Ness Forward throw is set knockback too ^^
No, it isn't. Try Fthrowing someone at 0 then at 999%. Never really kills though.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Years of experience.

If it's set knockback, why would the % be relevant? For the record, it's set KB (weight dependent like shine) afaik.

No, it isn't. Try Fthrowing someone at 0 then at 999%. Never really kills though.
I'm PRETTY sure it is.. :(, you should double check. (Ness Forward throw)

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Its either really slow knockback growth or set knockback, doesn't really matter either way.

If Ganon has an even matchup against Marth, which is a good character, I can only imagine how terrible it is for Roy being nothing but an inferior version of Marth
Just because they're clones, doesn't mean they are similar enough to say that one is just better at everything.

Roy and Marth are too different to say things like that, just like Fox and Falco.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
ness fthrow has 10 growth
bowser's has 0

check in training mode if you don't believe me. fthrow someone at 0 then at 999. it's really obvious that it's not set KB

Also LUIGI'S DOWN ANGLED FTILT LMAO

zelda's up-b hitbox is also set kb

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Yoshi downtilt is fix'ed knockback... used to edge guard it is almost a fox shine spike lol (just about every character gets hit away enough to be edge hogged and yoshi can do that djc edge grab thingy ... )

<3 Yoshi :D

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Haha broken is not the word I would use for Yoshi. Different, weird and surprisingly decent are more apt, imho. And yeah, his offense is really good, I think he is mostly held back by some crippling defensive flaws.
In particular: his shield. If you can't jump out of shield for whatever reason the developers saw fit, you should at least have decent other oos options and not a shield roll that covers almost no distance and a 18 frame start up standing grab that doesn't even reach that far.

random funny yoshi fact #224:
His shielding animation starts with invincibility frames (as in: you can't even grab him in that moment). Sooooo annoying :D

Top Bottom