• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR 2010 NTSC Tier List

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Kage defends to the death that marth is even, and after playing the match-up with him I have to agree.

I really don't see how peach has 60-40 over ganon. Peach has the same problems with ganon that she does with marth. Ganon out ranges her by quite a lot.

Wake

Smash Master
I can see Marth/Ganon being close to even, but not Peach/Ganon.

Ganon tries to do a similar thing that Marth does against Peach, except that he's worse at it, and Peach punishes him harder than she does Marth when she eventually does get in.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Peach vs Ganon probably only has slight advantage to Peach mainly due to the close shield pressure tactics and her priority are the main things that are hard to deal with, other than that she's very manageable with Ganon's punches and etc.. *cough*

Marth vs Ganon is also probably very slight advantage to Marth, I'd say mainly because Marth can edgeguard and combo Ganon pretty good by setting up DI traps with his whole variety of moves. I mean Marth can hit with a weaker part of a move or tipper it to mess with your mind basically. And also his grab game is a bit hard to deal with. It's very very hard to be able to master defensive DI vs Marth. Though when you do his combo game becomes a lot ****tier and that gives you a lot of chances to break him because Ganon's grab setups and combo on Marth are very good.. and also easy edgeguards usually. He can also challenge Marth's range.

Falcon vs Ganon, it's probably harder than Peach and Marth in difficulty but again there are A LOT of DI/CC tricks you can do to prevent Falcon from comboing you. The combo game between the 2 as you saw is pretty much **** or get *****. When you hit Falcon once, you better kill him because it's pretty bad to let him run around. And if you can't kill him because he's in the middle of the stage then you have to do everything you can to keep hitting him.. like techchase him or put him on a platform asap to keep hitting him and make him go off-stage for an easy edgeguard. I mean Ganon's platform game in general is incredible, you can do many various mix-ups and cover options very easily. Though definitely Falcon has an easier time to create opportunities either by making Ganon **** up his spacing by running up and shielding or just using his speed to make him whiff attacks.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
It's my personal favorite match-up, it's too epic. =) I played pretty much every pro Falcon in the US, it's so fun..

Well I mean I'd say you really to know a lot about Ganon before even match-ups become relevant for him.. he's an odd character to master. I mean there aren't many that actually know match-ups correctly. Maybe that's why you say it's so easy Peach vs Ganon.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Yeah I would agree with that kage. Ganon is superficially a very straightforward character, but he does have a surprising amount of depth. I was just getting motivated about picking up some ganon, and then I got all flustered about this FC thing. I have vowed to become top 10 in the midwest this summer in order to make the crew battle team, so I am focusing entirely and seriously on my fox.

Wake

Smash Master
Yeah it's possible that I just haven't played a Ganon good at that MU. Which could especially skew how I think of it since I consider myself good at that MU. I'm always willing to change my mind if the opportunity presents itself.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
You can't kick Kage, he's our Ganondorf representative. We elected him after our very tough political season, involving sparta kicks, warrior screams, beard growing, and hair shaving. Kage's our greatest warrior/politician.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
No, it's not a reference to MMA. You see, once every year we have the Ganondorf tribal council. Each region sends a representative to the council. This representative competes in a series of arduous challenges. After winning a challenge, one Ganon is given an immunity idol, while one of the others is voted out of the council. Eventually, only one Ganon is left. This Ganon is named Ganon King, and becomes our representative to the BackRoom. Kage won this competition last year, which is why he's out current representative.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
skjnglnglnfwlkijewglijwenlgiknwelkgjdlkfmlkwfe

You meant FC as in the tournament series?

I'm going to go throw my controller into a furnace. I obviously don't deserve it anymore.

The Star King

Smash Hero
posting here purely for you

luigi puff is such a boring matchup that nobody has bothered to test it properly

so we'll never ever know
I'VE tested it properly. And it's not boring from the Puff side (everything is boring as Luigi). People act like they're sure Luigi pwns Puff so it's not an uncertainty thing.

EDIT: Probably should have responded somewhere in the 64 boards... uh, FC!!1!!11!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
shoutouts to m2k being salty about FC diamond videos not being recorded because that was the highlight of his career

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
No need to bring that up chok.

Back to the tier list:
Falco/Fox
Sheik
Puff

Marth
Peach
Falcon
ICs

Ganon
Doc
Samus

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I always feel compelled to make a list, but then I remember that my opinion on video game characters doesn't matter that much.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I'm still very skeptical about samus. She is the most mobile of the 3, which is powerful, but she is also the most floaty. Her recovery is better hands down, but her combos are the worst. Her edgeguard game is one of her strongest points, but its not as good as ganon or doc's

I think samus is probably the worst between the 3. I have classically thought doc was better than ganon but the more thought i put into ganon the more I realize he is better. Doc is kinda in the same boat as samus: they have usable moves, but their approach is gimmicky. While ganon doesn't really have less gimmicks than the other 2, I don't this he is forced to rely on it as much as they are.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Marth mains who think their character should be higher on the tier list then he is? And I don't even see the sky falling down... <3

Though, I think Jiggs is better. She has a slight disadvantage against Fox (Marth is arguably even), she wins the direct match, and is better against almost every other relevant character (Sheik, Peach, Falcon), or at least just as good (Falco). Oh, and I don't know about the respective ICs matchups :(

Uuhhh, now that I think about it, having the better fox matchup and an equal falco matchup shouldn't be overlooked, considering the amount of representation those two get. So maybe Marth is indeed better then Jiggs :D
On the other hand, I'd be reluctant to rate Marth higher than Sheik, and Jiggs is looking better than her...
And then there's Peach to be thrown into the mix... stupid tier list (at least spacies are probably the best characters in the game and Falcon and ICs are worse than the other viables (Falcon doesn't deserve IC tier, but he definitely is not better than anybody else in A tier)) :D

stelzig

Smash Lord
I think you'll find that beat (and probably juggleguy) might not even think that puff wins the marth/puff matchup. And as long as marth is winning the matchups that puff *might* be better in, then it doesn't really matter much at all - You only need a marginal advantage to win, crushing your opponent doesn't help.

I'd also say that marth is better off against ICs than puff is, but lately I have seen some marths being whiny about that matchup too, lol.

Edit: I also wouldn't be against putting sheik below both marth and puff (even more in PAL), mainly because of puff and ICs. Seems to me that out of the top5, sheik has the worst matchups against other top/high tiers and she even has two of them. And unlike winning a matchup by alot, losing a matchup by alot actually matters. I'm a sheik main and a PAL player though so I guess i'm biased and all ;)

Top Bottom