• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR 2010 NTSC Tier List

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I disagree and refuse to budge from my 9-1 in favor of G&W position.

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
The value of having a list based on conjecture and theory which has been shown to not work in practice is precisely zero.

We can sit here and shoot the piss all night about if the short comings of a tournament based list, but that to me still equates to being more worthy than a list based essentially on imagination.
I think basing a tier list off of the merits of the top players of a tournament rather than the merits of the characters is worthless.

TheGoat

Smash Ace
the more I've thought about it the more arbitrary the tier list is...very similar in this regard to systematics/classification.

It's certainly not that they are meaningless. It's no question falco is better than ganondorf, and its quite obvious crocodiles and lizards are more closely related to each other than they are to spiders.

-felidae is a suborder dude, not a family, what is this bs
-ganon is above doc, and in tier B not C, what is this bs

But humans have a NEED to classify and organize things, yes. It's good because it helps us organize things and understand them better. And the same thing goes for "matchups", one perception of 60:40 is different than another perception. That's my two cents.

In the spirit of arguing and having fun though: **** this jiggs 3rd place bs. below sheik and marth, I say

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Kirby has two things going for him that Pichu doesn't:

His Ganon matchup.
His taunt inflicts physical pain.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I always find it interesting that people give 2 ****s about those characters' placing.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I play Kirby, so I care about it. I want Kirby to be last, so I can say I'm playing the worst character in the game. I can't do that when Pichu's last.

Wake

Smash Master
I think the word "better" is hardly even applicable with characters so incredibly bad. Pichu/Kirby/Bowser... the difference in their effectiveness seems like it's negligible. I dunno how I feel about Yoshi though...

Wake

Smash Master
Hey! That's why I said I wasn't sure about him. Actually, Ness too. However, Bowser, Kirby, and Pichu all seem so bad that it hardly matters which one is actually more effective. At least, that's what I want to think.

Warhawk

Smash Lord
I think its Bowser, Kirby, Ness, Pichu but who I am to judge
I think Bowser's the best of those four too but I'm biased because I used to main Bowser. Wake is kind of right though, when comparing between them it doesn't matter too much, its more just who doesn't want their character to be the worst.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Hey! That's why I said I wasn't sure about him. Actually, Ness too. However, Bowser, Kirby, and Pichu all seem so bad that it hardly matters which one is actually more effective. At least, that's what I want to think.
Well gimpy made it out of pools. I do have much respect for Ness and yoshi, they're underrated...they're good, they're just awkward and hard to master.

Bing

Smash Master
I just think in general Ness has greater Options in Comparison to the others.
Bowsers Power sort of makes up for his other flaws.
Pichu has a pretty decent Recovery, some sort of consistent comboing ability and is adorable.
And Kirby is Kirby.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
ness is good

and by good i mean not trash (like bowser)

because mofo's ness is really good

and hack's kirby is really good

so that leaves bowser and pichu
I hear Unknowns Pichu is pretty good, same goes for Gimpyfishs Bowser.
[x] make all four face off in a round robin next time they are at a tournament together (read: when hell freezes over)... not that it would carry much meaning, but I guess it would look funny :D

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Ness is too good to be put in the same group with kirby and pichu. I almost think he deserves his own tier like ICs...maybe with bowser. He has some very good options and kill moves it's just sad that he has a KO possible throw with such a tiny, terrible grab. If only he didn't have both bad recovery and a need to use his double jump to aid in combos which just make it worse when it comes to edge guarding. These two things shouldn't be included in one character, who thought PKT was a good idea and then went ahead and gave spacies two pretty good recovery options.

Oh, also he doesn't have great combo strings like those above him..but he's definitely better than pichu IMO. Or am I being biased? No, I think I'm write...

leffen

Smash Champion
Don't forget Roy guys... hes clearly with BowserPichuKirby imo

I think Bowsers the worst in NTSC (by a fair bit) followed by pichu, roy,kirby
In PAL Pichu's the worst and then roy, bowser, gaw, kirby.

If anything Roy+Pichu will ALWAYS do worse because people already know the matchup

Top Bottom