• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR 2010 NTSC Tier List

Varist

Smash Lord
you're using misleading language. he's only 1 spot higher than he was before.

it's obviously because i think he's better than zelda, lol

Varist

Smash Lord
Why do you think Doc is better than Ganon?
won't address this because you're a ganon main

Dr. Mario over ICs will need a bit of explaining.

Luigi > Mario too.

The rest looks solid.
I felt like Doc was so similar to C. Falcon that I needed to look at him as A-tier material. He isn't doing as popularly well as ICs so I was reluctant to put him over ICs but I acknowledged that he needed to be in B-tier. He just doesn't seem to belong with Samus (for obvious reasons). He's as solid as the A-tiers but does a lot just a little worse than them, so I felt like B was adequate.

Then I remembered that his matchups were a lot more consistent than ICs and ICs hasn't yet proven to be a counter to puff. So I thought he deserved to edge out over ICs.

I felt like just because Doc is so much better than Mario that Luigi's metagame will continue to evolve and people just... won't pick up Mario. They'll go for Doc. And that's kind of what's happening. There are a lot of Luigis, so I think sometime in the future Luigi > Mario will become more accepted.

Max?

Smash Champion
Varists list is reflective of tournament results + bias from the boards a bit, but imo it's fairly accurate. I agree with the top 7. It's hard for me to say Icies > Doc when there are more relevant Icies than Docs. However, Shroomed is on some next level **** and I like to think Boss, Waffles and myself have put in some work too, so it might be so unreasonable.

The rest of the list I could careless about

Varist

Smash Lord
i used to think zelda was trash too and received 3 pages worth of argumentation and videos explaining why she was recyclable. so i know a lot about her now.

plus i played vman's yoshi for like hours and hours.

but i still think zelda is better. oh well lol

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
judging by the conversations ive had with varist and hearing his thoughts firsthand imma guess and say that its an april fools tier list

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
I hope thats not a april fools tier list b/c if it is hes doing it wrong. U got to make it a bit more controversial while still believable, the one he made is to easy to agree with

:phone:

Warhawk

Smash Lord
you're using misleading language. he's only 1 spot higher than he was before.

it's obviously because i think he's better than zelda, lol
Oh, I didn't mean to do that, for some reason I was thinking he was lower than that... Probably because I think he's in the bottom 4-5 personally.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I have a .txt with my tier list. Let me post it without even reading it.

NTSC

Fox / Falco (ATM I think that Falco is better but it's really close to the point where it doesn't matter)
Sheik
Jigglypuff
Marth
Peach
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Dr. Mario / Ganondorf
Samus / Pikachu
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Luigi
Mario
Young Link
Link
Zelda
Mr. Game & Watch
Roy / Mewtwo
Bowser
Ness
Kirby / Pichu

PAL

Falco
Jigglypuff
Fox
Peach / Sheik
Captain Falcon
Marth
Ice Climbers
Dr. Mario
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong / Yoshi
Ganondorf
Luigi
Young Link
Mario
Link
Zelda
Mr. Game & Watch
Roy
Mewtwo
Kirby
Bowser
Ness
Pichu

King5280

Smash Journeyman
I have a .txt with my tier list. Let me post it without even reading it.

NTSC

Fox / Falco (ATM I think that Falco is better but it's really close to the point where it doesn't matter)
Sheik
Jigglypuff
Marth
Peach
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Dr. Mario / Ganondorf
Samus / Pikachu
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Luigi
Mario
Young Link
Link
Zelda
Mr. Game & Watch
Roy / Mewtwo
Bowser
Ness
Kirby / Pichu

PAL

Falco
Jigglypuff
Fox
Peach / Sheik
Captain Falcon
Marth
Ice Climbers
Dr. Mario
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong / Yoshi
Ganondorf
Luigi
Young Link
Mario
Link
Zelda
Mr. Game & Watch
Roy
Mewtwo
Kirby
Bowser
Ness
Pichu
That's how I list the top seven for NTSC. I refuse to believe that Yoshi is better than Luigi though.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
samus in PAL should be much better than NTSC. like 2/3 spots higher thanks to the nerfs on fox/sheik. other characters are lower for more reasons/weaknesses

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
As someone who actually plays PAL on a regular basis, I can tell you right now that low/mid tiers don't suddenly become decent against Sheik just because she doesn't have a CG.

Her dthrow still leads into her entire moveset, a moveset which is practically designed to body low tiers lol.

If you watch players like Axe or Shroomed vs. Sheik, you can see that the match-up wouldn't play out much differently in PAL.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
While that may be true for those characters, it isn't for characters like DK. I've played the matchup in PAL before.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I have a PAL version. No one ever wants to play it with me though.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Are you saying that sheik's dthrow->60%->ftilt->slap is no different than having dthrow->dash attack->slap? Sheik's throw nerf isn't crippling, but its a serious nerf that does change match-ups. Peach > Sheik in PAL where Sheik > Peach in NTSC. QED.

As for fox, his recovery is shorter and his usmash is weaker... these are minor compared to sheik's nerf, but it is still worth mentioning. Puff gets put higher not so much because of her match-up with fox, but because her other match-ups get better while fox's get worse.

Not that i necessarily agree with the list, but I think some of this needed to be mentioned

The Star King

Smash Hero
Nice Yoshi placing Strong Bad ^_^

And people keep mentioning Sheik's DThrow but it's by far the most significant change among the higher tiers let's be honest here. Everything else is not that huge.

Bing

Smash Master
Okay I dunno about how DK goes up on that NTSC list SB, though the rest of it Im generally okay with.. I actually think that Sheik is par with Jiggs... But Im Dumb so ignore me XD

Also, holy **** Marth is so low in PAL...

Top Bottom