• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Having free kill moves out of Side B, ample kill moves, an amazing Uair, and given tech chases... ganon shouldn't be the very bottom.

Luxord

Smash Journeyman
zelda ganon switch
k

and jiggly needs to be higher than bowser too, who even plays him anymore to show results?
KK definitely quit, IIRC Uncle doesn't play him either/enter, and Zigsta is busy with something in Dreamworks apparently LOL

and ironic is definitely not the right word, I would try asking "i hope you're not serious" or "i hope you're joking" :)

Life

Smash Hero
[collapse="'don't explain the joke'? sorry"]You have the low tiers in your post, which is followed by your signature with a giant picture of Lucas--suggesting that you placed Lucas below all the low tiers.[/collapse]

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
[collapse="'don't explain the joke'? sorry"]You have the low tiers in your post, which is followed by your signature with a giant picture of Lucas--suggesting that you placed Lucas below all the low tiers.[/collapse]
'___________'

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Falcon is complete ***.

There's a difference between someone being good with the character like... who was it, reflex? Someone went CFalc and did good against MK recently.
And Ally is good too.

But, imo the character is *** and a half.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Well...

Maybe falcon being the bottom of the bottons is acceptable,in the 2008/2009 gameplay.

Flayl

Smash Hero
SFP: "Irónico" is the exact same as ironic. It's very common for teenagers to misunderstand irony regardless of language/nationality.

V115: Was that just a casual attempt at racism? lol

On topic: What matchups that matter is Samus better at than Bowser? Please try to answer without checking the chart.

It feels like people think since Bowser doesn't have a "hero" anymore he's worse than he was before.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Samus doing better against ROB and Peach than Bowser is something I'd agree with. Other than that I don't see how Samus is possibly better than Bowser either.

:059:

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
SFP: "Irónico" is the exact same as ironic. It's very common for teenagers to misunderstand irony regardless of language/nationality.
I actually asked my partner first and he told me it was a slightly different idea. Are you sure? :\

As a matter of fact I'm talking to him about it now. I wouldn't have posted about it if I hadn't asked first, I'm by all means not fluent. LOL... In English though irony can only be expressed as a full circle relationship. For example in the famous song about irony we all know, "meeting the man of your dreams, and then meeting his beautiful wife" isn't irony unless his beautiful wife is also your boss. In Portuguese it can be (correctly) expressed as a linear relationship, no? If I'm wrong it's fine, I don't feel so bad about it. lol

And Bowser's most significant flaw is that he's so big. :( I feel like if he was Bowser Jr. instead his move set would be a lot stronger.

Flayl

Smash Hero
I was going to post this on your wall but you don't have it active: The definition of irony in both English and Portuguese is the same, saying/doing/experiencing the complete opposite of what was expected.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by the circular and linear relationship but in any case it needs to be clear that it's the opposite of what's expected, and not an unfortunate circumstance/coincidence. Rain on your wedding day is ironic only if you prepared the wedding during a drought/long streak of cloudless weather (and were counting on it staying that way)

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
By full circle relationship I mean:

Not ironic: you meet beautiful girl, girl is married
Ironic: you meet beautiful girl, girl is married to your boss

Not ironic: winning a free ride when you already paid
ironic: winning a free ride when you already paid because they made a mistake and you were told your best friend who is with you already won the contest

And as for your example, the only way that would be ironic is if you scheduled your wedding during a drought to specifically avoid rain but I think that was implied.

Flayl do you ahve facebook or something? XD

Oh and on-topic SMASH BROTHERS

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Samus doing better against ROB and Peach than Bowser is something I'd agree with. Other than that I don't see how Samus is possibly better than Bowser either.

:059:
Samus camps better than Bowser...

C.J.

Smash Master
By full circle relationship I mean:

Not ironic: you meet beautiful girl, girl is married
Ironic: you meet beautiful girl, girl is married to your boss

Not ironic: winning a free ride when you already paid
ironic: winning a free ride when you already paid because they made a mistake and you were told your best friend who is with you already won the contest

And as for your example, the only way that would be ironic is if you scheduled your wedding during a drought to specifically avoid rain but I think that was implied.

Flayl do you ahve facebook or something? XD

Oh and on-topic SMASH BROTHERS
I disagree.

The first example is only ironic if you meet a beautiful girl, find out she's married to your boss, and your boss is an ugly, egotistical jerk who you never thought would be capable of getting a girlfriend/wife.
In your example there's no reason to expect her to NOT be married to your boss (unless something like the aforementioned or you thought he was single). So by finding out that a pretty girl is married to your boss, since it isn't the opposite of what you expected, isn't ironic; it's just a coincidence.

For the second example
I guess this might be seen as ironic, assuming you already held the (false) belief that your friend hadn't won the contest.

For the third:
You wouldn't need to plan it in a drought to avoid rain for it to be ironic. If you're experiencing a drought, then the likelihood for it to rain on any given day is miniscule. Since the likelihood of rain is so low, you would have no reason to plan around the possibility of rain because you don't expect it. Since you don't expect it, and it happened, then it would be ironic. You don't need to plan it because of X reason in order for it to be ironic, there just has to be some condition that makes you believe an event is (un)likely to happen so you do/don't believe that the event will/won't happen. Then when it does/doesn't happen (opposite to your belief) it becomes ironic.

Samus would be better than Bowser if one of so many small things happened to her. Her moveset is solid but it's just missing tiny things here and there that would help a lot (fixing her jab, fsmash killing better, etc).

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Well,according to what your guys are saying about the word ¨ironic¨,I was not wrong by using it in that post. lol

Luxord

Smash Journeyman

V115: Was that just a casual attempt at racism? lol

On topic: What matchups that matter is Samus better at than Bowser? Please try to answer without checking the chart.

It feels like people think since Bowser doesn't have a "hero" anymore he's worse than he was before.
Not saying the character is worse than before, however the tier list, as stated a bunch of times is "a representation of how much of a threat a character is in tournament" or "how 'scared' you should be facing this character in tournament"

As a general statement if I am facing a :Bowser2: in bracket and a :Samus2: in bracket, with whom should I be more worried? The answer is :Samus2:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=317124
>>Excluding the 1/17/11 update to the charts where both :Samus2: AND :Bowser2: both had 0 representation/earnings to show as per the data, Samus was always above Bowser.

Oh also I was the only one who mentioned Bowser, don't blanket the statement to "people" saying it.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Well,according to what your guys are saying about the word ¨ironic¨,I was not wrong by using it in that post. lol
No, because there is no expectation created on Linkshot's behalf. You would have to see him post about Lucas being a better character than Ganon (or saying Ganon's the worst etc.) for it to be ironic.

If it's not the opposite of what's expected of someone it's not ironic. Also he wasn't addressing your opinion of the tier list, he was making a joke with your signature as other people have explained.

C.J.: about fixing Samus - that works both ways haha

Luxord: What are you talking about, lots of people made lists with Samus above Bowser. Including the BBR. I say this jokingly: "Get over yourself" :p

C.J.

Smash Master
It works both ways, but it just seems like the changes to Samus would be more subtle than the changes to most other characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom