• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I think PT deserves a little raise,this trio has a potential.

BSP

Smash Legend
I could see the variables argument working for actual tournament results because of how brackets go and all, but what about for MUs?

What if Reflex went even with every MK he played (a lot of them, not just the same 2 or 3), but every other PT did noticeably worse. I don't see why we would just ignore Reflex's performances when he's clearly showing that at the highest level PT has the tools to handle MK.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
You can't disprove the theory that Reflex is simply naturally good against MK, or that he simply has that much more experience against MK than the other PTs.

The moment its two PTs doing that, thats a whole other story. But as long as its just one, you can't prove anything either way, thus you can't fairly move the character. Two people can be a character's metagame, one person is simply an amazing player.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Experience can only get you so far, though. No amount of experience should be able to reliably save you from a truly bad matchup.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
No, no. He loses to Wolf. That's Seagullinese for low tier.
Everything is relative to Wolf. :applejack:

BSP

Smash Legend
You can't disprove the theory that Reflex is simply naturally good against MK, or that he simply has that much more experience against MK than the other PTs.
Ok, but I do know that PT is PT. He is the same character regardless of who's playing him. He's got the same tools regardless of who's playing him. If Reflex is doing consistently doing fine at the MK MU against multiple MKs, how can I not say that PT has the tools to handle MK?

That last part at the last comma just indicates that the other PTs are at a lower level on the MK MU than Reflex. Why would we look at them if they're not the top of the current metagame? Maybe they do just need to get better.

This is all hypothetical of course. I never followed Reflex's success against MKs or anything.

And I'm talking about outliers for characters in general, not just PT.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Things that would happen with a performance and results only based tier list.

Lucas would be LOWER than he is right now since mekos doesn't play singles like that.
Sonic would be high tier. (2 sonics in top 8 at mlg?)
Ike would be high tier (san + mr doom + ryo)
Jigglypuff would be the worse character in the game.
Wario would be mid tier because malcolm hit and miss tourney attendance are the only results the character has left.
Snake would still be top 4
Mario would be bottom tier for the same reason as puff.
Pit would be at least a tier and a half lower than he is now.
Zelda would be at least a tier higher simply because vinnie got like top 3 in a tourney 2 weeks ago going straight zelda.
Fox would be top 5 in the game because nobody beats tkd on the west coast.

Think carefully about the full range of implications when you make a statement like that...

:phone:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771

Lucas would be LOWER than he is right now since mekos doesn't play singles like that.
Wario would be mid tier because malcolm hit and miss tourney attendance are the only results the character has left.
Zelda would be at least a tier higher simply because vinnie got like top 3 in a tourney 2 weeks ago going straight zelda.

Think carefully about the full range of implications when you make a statement like that...

MLG was a while back. I'm not quite sure Sonic would be considered high tier now.
Ike's placings aren't universally that good, are they...?
I place with Wario. :/

I mean, if many tournaments aren't being won by, say, Fox, the results don't mean that much. I mean, I win almost everything in my area with Wario, but, that's still just one place, even if we have tournaments every other week at least.

Komatik

Smash Cadet
Why is DDD so high anyway? Looking at the matchup spreads, he loses against basically the whole top tier. There's at least three characters below him whose only actual bad matchup is MK. Is the bull**** he has on people that strong?

(My preference is lack of bad matches over having a bunch of atrocious and godly matches which has a lot to do with it obviously. But seriously, why?)

BSP

Smash Legend

I'm not saying we should just go directly off of results. I just don't think outliers should be looked at with a grain of salt just because they're the only one on their level.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Squirtle alone already crushes all the low tiers lol.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Pokemon Trainer would **** on low tier
According to results, that's not even close to true. Apparently, I'm just better than everyone forever, and PT should be in low tier.

If I can beat a Aposl with no PT experience whatsoever, probably a bad character.

I still can't justify Squirtle in low tier though.
He might have been doing it wrong. Marth is really a rough matchup. Plus, it's not like Aposl's a top-level player (no offense meant toward either of you).

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Noid has done consistently well with :samus2: and she's still LT. What makes Reflex the end all person to get :pt: out of LT by comparison? I really would like to know. :squirtle: is good, but he has inherent huge flaws as well.

:018:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014

Well,you are basing your opinions only in players results...
Not saying that is not right,but MUs and other stuff are important too...

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The main problem with Link is that he's too slow to be effective, even in the lower tiers. While it's true that his projectiles can give him some passable defensive and offensive tactics, Link generally suffers from being gimped and juggled around a lot from many characters.

A good Captain falcon user can easily exploit Link's sluggish movements to get a handful of hits. Not saying it's an absolutely perfect match up, but Captain Falcon (or generally any character) can easily tame Link if the weaknesses are exploited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom