• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Lol I cannot with this Mekos meat riding.
He is not the only Lucas to have accomplished ****.

Already mentioned I know, but Fae did beat Reflex and Kain within like the last year.

Probably more than that.

What the Lucas players have accomplished is more than Sheik, Luigi, PT, Mario, etc.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
That's mostly cuz Ness actually has people playing him. Lucas pretty much has Mekos. On top of that, Mekos only really plays doubles.

I'm not saying Lucas is definately better than Ness just cuz I think he is, I just never understood why the gap between them was so large. They're both bad for all the same reasons.
Ness and Lucas have differences in their MUs,also,what makes they not that good is not the same reasons,but yeah,both have that ****ing bad grab releases,but it is not only that.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I can see why me mentioning Mekos' name would instantly be considered meat riding. Oh wait, no I can't.

Ness and Lucas have differences in their MUs,also,what makes they not that good is not the same reasons,but yeah,both have that ****ing bad grab releases,but it is not only that.
Probably the biggest difference in their MUs is that Ness' are mostly accurate, and Lucas' mostly aren't :p

BSP

Smash Legend
I think that Mario has more potential then others think. Mario has a good cape that can be used on the edge for sliding and gliding.
The cape is very limited by its low range imo. Most high tiers won't have a problem getting past it, and even mid and low tiers have ways around it.

He also has a Fludd move that can interrupt recoverys along with cape. He actually has a pretty good edge guarding game.
FLUDD is situational at best and most characters aren't majorly hindered by its push. His edgeguarding is ok.

He also has pretty good juggles and faster smashes (D smash mostly) He also doesn't get wrecked by Donkey Kong like Lucas does and doesn't get overcamped like Luigi does.

Dedede is his only really bad matchup and mk (But everyone at low tier sucks against mk). He's still low tier due to having very week power and poor recovery and poor range.
IMO Mario's juggles are nice, but Luigi and Lucas have their own methods of racking up % and KO'ing that are comparable, if not better than most of Mario's.

Also, one of the key things that Luigi and Lucas have that Mario lacks is results. At this point in time, Mario doesn't really have anything that shows he should leave low tier or rise above Lucas or Luigi.

Luxord

Smash Journeyman
Low Tier IMO:

Luigi, Mario, Bowser, Samus, Jigglypuff, Falcon
Link, Zelda, Ganondorf
You are the only person I've ever seen post my Low Tier list
<3
(although Bowser and Samus are equal im
Good going, San.

The thing people most underestimate about her (in my experience) is KO power. I hear "fair is her only KO move and it is always staled" so often.
Even low level just starting jiggs should know to not stale fair -.-
oh and drill->rest isn't a KO move anymore i guess?, so many ignorant people on jiggs.

Dude Lucas is a freakin baller. I'll never understand why he's always been so far below Ness, cuz I always thought he was much better.
Ness is better. Approaches are easier fair and bair, strongest scaling throw in the entire game, and better OoS option(s)

That's mostly cuz Ness actually has people playing him. Lucas pretty much has Mekos.
FAE and Nasty
please don't say Lucas is Mekos, hell Lucas even can include Ninjalink

EDIT: ninja'd by Fuujin

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Luigi in low tier is absolutely ********.
You guys will theory craft that character to hell and back.

He's honestly way better than results show, just doesn't have enough support right now.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
no point in arguing with you cuz you relate your own negative skills to zelda being bad

Argue with me then, I don't find Zelda THAT bad (pretty ****ing terrible but not the worst)!

My question to you is: are you really referencing a 2 year old low tier EU tournament for your arguments?

Jujux was an awesome Zelda and even though he plays MK now, he's possibly still one of the best Zelda's in the world but...

This was two years ago. It's seriously outdated. Go back another year and you'll find Zelda in mid tier. What's more, this is a Low Tier tournament even which is not that great of a reference in itself. Bottom tiers aren't supposed to be compared only to each other. They should rather be compared to the higher tiers since they are the most important characters in the game and likely also the most prevalent.

:053:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
This was two years ago. It's seriously outdated. Go back another year and you'll find Zelda in mid tier. What's more, this is a Low Tier tournament even which is not that great of a reference in itself. Bottom tiers aren't supposed to be compared only to each other. They should rather be compared to the higher tiers since they are the most important characters in the game and likely also the most prevalent.
[/COLOR][/FONT]
:053:
In which case I'd still find Zelda better than Samus who does no better against MK, Snake, Olimar et all whereas Zelda does arguably better against Diddy Kong, Wario, ICs and Fox and surely does better against DDD. What characters does Samus do better against than Zelda up there?

:059:

Doc King

Smash Lord
The cape is very limited by its low range imo. Most high tiers won't have a problem getting past it, and even mid and low tiers have ways around it.

FLUDD is situational at best and most characters aren't majorly hindered by its push. His edgeguarding is ok.

IMO Mario's juggles are nice, but Luigi and Lucas have their own methods of racking up % and KO'ing that are comparable, if not better than most of Mario's.

Also, one of the key things that Luigi and Lucas have that Mario lacks is results. At this point in time, Mario doesn't really have anything that shows he should leave low tier or rise above Lucas or Luigi.
This makes sense. Results really do give good points to characters.
You heard it here folks, fox is now low tier.
lol. Well not Fox because he does do well against Lucario. Fox only losses hard to a few.

BTW I already agreed with Lucas being mid tier.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Luigi in low tier is absolutely ********.
You guys will theory craft that character to hell and back.

He's honestly way better than results show, just doesn't have enough support right now.
Respectfully disagree. I think it's arguable either way.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
In which case I'd still find Zelda better than Samus who does no better against MK, Snake, Olimar et all whereas Zelda does arguably better against Diddy Kong, Wario, ICs and Fox and surely does better against DDD. What characters does Samus do better against than Zelda up there?

:059:
Samus does better in all those matchups except Dedede sorry.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Samus is a different kind of bad from most low tiers. She has a million options but all of them are just unreliable/bad/easy to deal with, plus an actual recovery. Other low tier characters tend to get chaingrabbed to **** and back and die or gimped easily and whatnot.

Samus has a lot going for her but none of it does the job quite well enough, plus she's a ****ing amazon making it kinda easy to aim for her.

Because of this I think Samus might have been the easiest character to buff, if Nintendo was patching the game. 1-2 frames faster on a few moves, some bug fixes to her jab, and slightly faster projectiles would have done the trick. She's not as fatally flawed.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
-dead-

wtf have you never played smash before XD
lollll

To be fair like no one plays Yoshi, a lot of people go in with the attitude of like "I'm not learning a character until I have to" especially in games with 30 chars or something.

I just found out a few months ago that Lucario's attacks gain extra shield stun at high %s LOL

z00ted

Respectfully disagree. I think it's arguable either way.
Why?

Luigi has placed pretty well in the past (Boss, BigLou, Jbandrew, MrConCon) at both MLGs and nationals/regionals. And I believe he's taken out a lot more high tier players than any other character around him (aside from Ness/PT/Yoshi). This is especially true when you look into the remainder of low tier. Luigi has also had a stronger player base compared to the characters who only have their one 'hero' to rack up anything worthwhile during their career as well. This may constitute that it's not only the player using the character, but also the character being somewhat decent.

He's an exploitable character, sure... but low tier?

I don't even feel as though he had the right to move down four spots from the last list.
A Luigi just beat DEHF, and I'm pretty sure Jbandrew just won a legitimate tournament with him.

I don't buy the SWF Succcess and Popularity chart, either.
A lot of tournaments aren't noted/recorded in that thread.

It's a great project, but it doesn't bring in everything.. and in this case Luigi is that everything.

Luigi deserves better. I can honestly say that if a top level player used him compared to Yoshi, Sheik, or PT - they would outperform their results if using said character.

I disagree with this. You kinda proved Illmatic right.
Think about it. You just proved Illmatic right.

Auto-lose argument. :applejack:
Wtf is this supposed to mean, you big meany?

Scatz

Smash Champion
To be fair no one plays Yoshi is a dumb excuse. It's understandable to not know some things, but **** where people think he can be shield poked like anyone else is stupid.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Small point, but I wanted to say--

Luigi has placed pretty well in the past (Boss, BigLou, Jbandrew, MrConCon) at both MLGs and nationals/regionals. And I believe he's taken out a lot more high tier players than any other character around him (aside from Ness/PT/Yoshi).
"I believe he's taken out a lot more high tier players than any other character around him (aside from all the characters around him)."

:p

z00ted

Well Ness is a given, PT has you, and Yoshi I'm not too sure about.. if anything, none of these are drastic.

Luigi has held his own in the past, it just doesn't get brought to the light. I'm positive that BigLou has beaten both Atomsk and Trela. Boss has taken out Coney and the rest of MD/VA multiple times, YoshQ has had achievements, JbAndrew has won tournaments, etc etc. Luigi has also had more players using him successfully than any of those three characters mentioned (especially PT).

You're not really giving me any points as to why Luigi is so bad.. just nitpicking at small errors I've written.

:ness2: mains that are viable

FOW
Shaky

:squirtle: mains that are viable

Reflex

:yoshi2: mains that are viable

Poltergust
Deltacod
Hadesblade (?)

:luigi2: mains that are viable

BigLou
Boss
MrConCon
Scatz
YoshQ
Zhao
JbAndrew

See what I'm getting at here?
All of those players do very well in their region too.

z00ted

It's definitely fact when SoCal doesn't even record three fourths of their tournaments on SWF to begin with.
As well as the times I've been on there myself and personally not seen my achievements documented.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
BigLou hardly ever uses Luigi, and it's been that way for a while now. Scatz doesn't really go to tournaments anymore.

z00ted

Then we can credit the fact that the interest for Brawl is dying, and not drastically drop one specific character.
Why are we removing their achievements with him due to them no longer playing the game/playing him any longer?

JbAndrew, YoshQ, MrConCon, Boss, and Zhao all still play and do well.

Luigi didn't deserve his drop, typical theory crafting tier list v89485 poop.
And he's not the only one who got the poop.

How did :yoshi2: rise?
How did :wolf: rise?
Why did :fox: drop?
Why did :lucario: drop?
How did :zerosuitsamus: rise?

I feel as though none of these things can properly be answered.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Then we can credit the fact that the interest for Brawl is dying, and not drastically drop one specific character.
Why are we removing their achievements with him due to them no longer playing the game/playing him any longer?

JbAndrew, YoshQ, MrConCon, Boss, and Zhao all still play and do well.
Luigi didn't deserve his drop, typical theory crafting tier list v89485 poop.
BigLou plays Diddy/Snake, and Scatz just has life getting in the way of the game. Also, I wasn't aware he had a tournament-viable Luigi (or a Luigi at all, to be honest).

Does Boss go Luigi these days?

z00ted

Yeah, he does.
Pretty sure Kadaj is picking up Luigi also.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I get the feeling that you only mentioned Zhao cause you saw him on the top 5 list.
Cause he only goes to locals and I haven't seen him get anything above 9th since he moved to Ontario.

Edit: Not in singles, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom