• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff the Killer

Smash Cadet
My Version (Don't Hate, because I'm not trolling nor do I want to)
Hack: Fierce Deity Link, Rosalina, Stephen the Killer, Jeff the Killer, Wisp, Dark Link, Sora, Roy, Ghirahim, Galaxia, Slenderman, Tails, Leon S. Kennedy
SS: Link, Snake
S: Olimar
A: Diddy Kong, Ice Climbers
B: Falco, Marth, Pikachu, Fox
C: Zero Suit Samus, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Toon Link
D: Wolf, Mr. Game & Watch, Lucario, Peach, Pit
E: R.O.B., Kirby, Sheilda, Sonic, Wario, Ike, Sheik
F: Yoshi, Ness, Pokémon Trainer, Luigi
G: Lucas, Mario, Samus, Bowser, Captain Falcon
H: Jigglypuff, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Ganondorf

PMC66

Smash Journeyman
C'mon wolf overtake d3 already! You can do it!!!

and overtake Tink while your at it to wofl for 12th next tier list

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
My Version (Don't Hate, because I'm not trolling nor do I want to)
Hack: Fierce Deity Link, Rosalina, Stephen the Killer, Jeff the Killer, Wisp, Dark Link, Sora, Roy, Ghirahim, Galaxia, Slenderman, Tails, Leon S. Kennedy
No offense but I don't think anyone who knows this game well enough would agree with some of those positions.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Casual points of view are still always interesting imo. How people really thought differently when they didn't know much about the game.

C.J.

Smash Master
Honestly, outside of Link, DDD, MK, Wario, and DK most of his list isn't entirely unreasonable.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Yeah in general it's like he has the right characters in the right tiers (ie top/high/mid/low) outside of the exceptions CJ listed.

But the order of the characters within each tier is completely wrong.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Yeah in general it's like he has the right characters in the right tiers (ie top/high/mid/low) outside of the exceptions CJ listed.

But the order of the characters within each tier is completely wrong.
The order within the tiers is the least important on that list, lol.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Actual said:
S: Meta Knight
A: Olimar, Diddy Kong, Ice Climbers, Snake
B: Falco, Marth, Pikachu, Wario
C: Zero Suit Samus, Lucario, King Dedede, Toon Link
D: Wolf, Mr. Game & Watch, Fox, Peach, Pit
E: R.O.B., Kirby, Sheilda, Sonic, Donkey Kong, Ike, Sheik
H: Jigglypuff, Link, Zelda, Ganondorf
guy just copy pasted and swapped some characters around

not counting Olimar because same order still

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Casual points of view are still always interesting imo. How people really thought differently when they didn't know much about the game.
I picked ganon as bad before I saw he the tier list but I had absolutely no idea about Meta Knight and I thought Lucas and Ness were both amazing (I think they're both still awesome, just not tier-list wise >.> ).

@Jeff: Don't worry if you get knocked back with that, it took me a long time to accept the flaws of my character and I got destroyed when I tried to explain why I thought so. :)

@ Infinite: Yea I remember some commentators saying that and I definitely agree.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
It's sad, really. Ness is a great character outside of his grab release weakness and his exploitable recovery.

He's mobile, kills early and reliably, has a great moveset and can string things together well. And he does well on Brinstar and RC, and water gimps on Delfino/PKT2 makes him so much to watch.

Shinde425

Smash Apprentice
Ike's crawling guys, he was low tier at one point, ya know. Another 8 years and he'll be sharing MK's spot. ;)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ike's crawling guys, he was low tier at one point, ya know. Another 8 years and he'll be sharing MK's spot. ;)
Ike isn't crawling up he's in the same spot
ok 2 spots higher
. Ike started there then moved down then had to crawl back up to where he started. That and he was wrecking low tier tourneys too hard

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
10 min timer, LGL, scrooging rule, and "MK can't dress up as 'The Wolf after eating Grandma and taking her clothes, waiting in bed for Little Red Riding Hood' for Halloween" rule fix all of that

Tesh

Smash Hero
Whats left of the community really does need to have a unified MK legal ruleset tbh. Each one always leaves stupid holes in all the nerfs.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Please just do MK legal with a few limits of his. You already have Ice climbers and their chaingrabbing mojo, which is equally frustrating as MK for most players. Double MK should be a nogo though.

Scrooging limit and ledge grab limit sounds better. Timing out an opponent by doing the following is not how you're supposed to play the game here, but doing them to play safe from an opponent edgeguarding is okay by me.

10 minute/3 stock matches for SBO style doubles tournaments.
7 minute/2 stock matches for singles on an SBO doubles tournament.
7 minute/3 stock matches for normal singles and doubles.

Best I can think of.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I don't even see why we need a scrooging limit. Non ledge grab planking isn't hard to combat and ledge grab planking uses up ledge grabs

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
ugh...

additional rules like scrooging and ledge grabs were made for meta knight. nobody else needs those limits besides him.

but the fact is that if youre making rules like that just for metaknight, then youre admitting that hes bannable and he needs to be nerfed just to stay in the game.

And then as a piss poor way of covering over that fact, people apply those rules to the rest of the cast trying to convince people that pits or robs ledge games are worthy of being nerfed too. theyre not. theyre good, but the only character whose ledge game is OP is MK.

But the fact is, that when you remove the offending factor, theres no need for surgical rules to be placed upon the entire cast unnecessarily.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure that there is a LGL in MK banned tournaments so what you are saying is wrong

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It's debatable. I'll put it this way: putting a LGL on keeps the game more "enjoyable". Whether MK is in the game or not, people don't want to see the game focus on basically planking and strategies covering it. Onstage, Banana to Grenade hand to hand combat instead etc.

You CAN play a non LGL game with MK gone. But... a lot of you simply won't enjoy it. I'd be fine with it, I have enough characters who crap on Pit, and at worst I also play G&W. Scrooging wise, you could shift the legal stages to prevent or deter it. Castle Siege, YI Brawl, etc.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
It's debatable. I'll put it this way: putting a LGL on keeps the game more "enjoyable". Whether MK is in the game or not, people don't want to see the game focus on basically planking and strategies covering it. Onstage, Banana to Grenade hand to hand combat instead etc.

You CAN play a non LGL game with MK gone. But... a lot of you simply won't enjoy it. I'd be fine with it, I have enough characters who crap on Pit, and at worst I also play G&W. Scrooging wise, you could shift the legal stages to prevent or deter it. Castle Siege, YI Brawl, etc.
Gotta agree here. With MK legal, the game is like unplayable without scrooging and planking regulations. With MK illegal, ledges aren't broken, but we would probably keep the rules in place just so, like.. ROB, doesn't spend the whole game on the ledge.

Again though, the game is totally playable with no LGL in a MK-banned meta.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah. On the flip side, you could argue that the game is "more" playable with a LGL still on. That argument I've seen and can understand. Saying that the LGL in a no MK environment is absolutely necessary, from a game breaking perspective, does not seem to be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom