• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I read a few thing in this thread dealing with Peach and wanna bring something here for those that care. For those that don't, just move on on this and my other post.

I have a video here where I seriously explain Peach in 4 sections. From whats good about her to whats bad about her and reasons for it all. So for those that have questions or just seriously curious on what she is about, then check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op0pniWDi6g&feature=plcp

check out the other parts for the full run down.

Also on her defense options/flaws

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1tXVpHPikc&feature=relmfu

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
McPeePants beat Esam's :pikachu2: and :popo: with :wolf:. Told people those matchups weren't bad.

:popo: vs :wolf: is even. :pikachu2: vs :wolf: is -2.

It's sad to say, but :wolf: is looking HT every day...Ugh.

:018:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
What if Esam plays him again and wins with both characters, solidly?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Well then I guess Wolf neutrally blows then

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
this is another example of that whole tkd syndrome.

mc peepants won the last round of the tournament with MK on rainbow cruise, and somehow its supposed to make me believe that wolf is a better character? FOH

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
FOW went on a rampage with Ness, M2K was the only one who could stop him. Even MU

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
this is another example of that whole tkd syndrome.

mc peepants won the last round of the tournament with MK on rainbow cruise, and somehow its supposed to make me believe that wolf is a better character? FOH
He won 2 matches with :wolf: and then lost the next 2. He cp'd Rc game 5 and then Esam went :pikachu2:. Why wouldn't he gay it out with :metaknight: to secure the win on a stage :metaknight: is amazing on compared to camping it out on any other stage and worry about a cg?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
espy and x both beat tyrant with sonic on multiple occasions. even matchup.

@ seagull.
I have ZERO problems with him scumming out a win with the ******** MK+RC combo. its hilarious to me. if its an option to win use it. My issue comes in when you come in here, and tout that around like its a win for wolf and its a viable reasoning for seeing wolf as a better character, when its not.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
espy and x both beat tyrant with sonic on multiple occasions. even matchup.

@ seagull.
I have ZERO problems with him scumming out a win with the ******** MK+RC combo. its hilarious to me. if its an option to win use it. My issue comes in when you come in here, and tout that around like its a win for wolf and its a viable reasoning for seeing wolf as a better character, when its not.
I don't want :wolf: higher on the tier list. Why would I want to lose the ability to use my main in Mid Tiers? I said "Ugh, :wolf: looks HT" because results indicate he is. I don't think he is (Unless you already consider :fox: HT since :wolf:'s results and matchups are better then :fox:).

I have said for a LONG time :wolf: vs :pikachu2: is -2 and that :wolf: vs :popo: was either even or -1.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
@ Drk.Pch, I saw some of your video guides a while ago. Good stuff.

@ MCP stuff, MCP for president. No idea why he went RC last game though, unless switching to MK was his plan from the start. Would've been interesting to see Wolf/Pika there, really looking forward to watching the matches when they're uploaded

Glad ESAM finally agrees to +/-2, took him long enough :p

Agreed with Seagull on ICs, +/-1 or even. It's a close call, and as with every ICs MU depends on the stagelist.

:059:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Thanks, though it has not gotten much attention, and I try to post it everywhere. Cause people don't as much as I thought they would. Idk if I should stop making they brawl series videos or not.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
FOW went on a rampage with Ness, M2K was the only one who could stop him. Even MU
Isn't he meant to be one of the top 10 chars to use against MK? I think Ness mains have been arguing for a -1 MK's favour. Erm, would want some Ness mains in here to actually confirm that before I say it, though.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Isn't he meant to be one of the top 10 chars to use against MK? I think Ness mains have been arguing for a -1 MK's favour. Erm, would want some Ness mains in here to actually confirm that before I say it, though.
No, I don't remember any of them saying it was -1.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
We had a massive discussion about it not too long ago (could've been in the MU thread?) and most people agree it is -2

Top ten vs. MK (in no order):
Meta Knight
Snake
Falco
Diddy Kong
Ice Climbers
Fox
Marth
Pikachu
Wolf/G&W/Wario/ZSS/Sheik/Ness
Wolf/G&W/Wario/ZSS/Sheik/Ness

Depends who you ask, I'd personally say Wolf and G&W, buuuuutttt, yeah

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Dark.Pch, the problem is that this late in the metagame so few people are still trying to pick up characters and push their boundaries. So while your videos are great, there isn't much of a target audience left :/

DeLux, thank you for helping us inflate our MU spread :p

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Dark.Pch, the problem is that this late in the metagame so few people are still trying to pick up characters and push their boundaries. So while your videos are great, there isn't much of a target audience left :/

DeLux, thank you for helping us inflate our MU spread :p

Well it's still being done and if nothing else guides are always useful. :-)

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I don't even know what I mean.

It just feels like, when I look at top players using top tiers, they still make so many mistakes that a mid/low tier main could capitalize upon (if they were unfathomably skilled).

I want to see that happen. I want Brawl to have an Isai like 64 does.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Too bad nobody plays most Mid Tiers. Some of them have potential I believe.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
It just feels like, when I look at top players using top tiers, they still make so many mistakes that a mid/low tier main could capitalize upon (if they were unfathomably skilled).

I share this sentiment. There's a lot of potential lying in some of mid-tier that's just waiting for a player of the right caliber to do work.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I don't even know what I mean.

Shaky at whobo went nuts. Sktar saw Mekos at ninth. Mcpee was also great at whobo, Trela (well this is high tier but still) has done amazingly for lucario... People are still getting results. Not always but sometimes. :)

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
Don't forget Ryo who got 5th there? or was it 7th?
and san we got top 10 at Apex 2010 or 2009?
There is Will who does some mad work at turneys.
Almost all mid tiers have at least 1 player that kicks but with the character.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Which tournament(s) are you guys talking about? McPe beating ESAM? FOW going on a rampage?
I was at a tournament yesterday myself so I have no idea wagwan

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Honest question: why has the K prime buffered mashing not hurt ICs tournament viability? Is it because no one does it and only because no one does it?

Instead of asking why no one does it, I'm going to ask a different question: what would happen if was abused? Wouldn't the threat of ICs grabbing you be diminished significantly? Or would we just go back to calling ICs players bad because they weren't perfectly buffering their grab 100% of the time?

This seems rhetorical but I'm genuinely curious. ICs get a lot of grabs when Nana has to catch up before the CG can start, shutting even those down would be a really big deal IMO.

Plus any character with really fast options after grab break (Peach, ZSS, Squirtle? can actually jab before shield comes out and her full jab combo works on ICs) would actually make grabs a risk

Tesh

Smash Hero
Peach has a frame 2 jab doesn't she? And ZSS , Squirtle don't really have properly functioning jabs.

C.J.

Smash Master
V115- some local yesterday Mcpe beat Esam. FOW went on a rampage about a year ago when he was bodying everyone, including taking games from m2k at a Vegas tourney.

SFP- your last paragraph isn't right. The grab releaser has 29 frames of lag while the released has 30. There's no way ZSS/Squirtle can jab before shield comes out.
I'm assuming you're talking about breaking out of IC grab at least.
:phone:

C.J.

Smash Master
Squirtle breaks out from grab. IC has 29 frames of lag, holds shield, Shields frame 30. Squirtle has30 frames of lag, buffers jab, comes out frame 31

it works if Squirtle grabs another character and releases them. My source being reflex vids/personal testing.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
That isn't how it works. ZSS' grab release animation is 29. If she buffers her jab it comes out on 30, while a person with 30 frames of lag shields on 31.

There's 1 frame difference and the jab is 1 frame, how does it not connect?

Tesh

Smash Hero
Both ZSS and Squirtle can hit their full jabs on ICs
without DI maybe, but both jabs are easily bad enough that you can shield then with a bit of DI.
V115- some local yesterday Mcpe beat Esam. FOW went on a rampage about a year ago when he was bodying everyone, including taking games from m2k at a Vegas tourney.

SFP- your last paragraph isn't right. The grab releaser has 29 frames of lag while the released has 30. There's no way ZSS/Squirtle can jab before shield comes out.
I'm assuming you're talking about breaking out of IC grab at least.
What?

Jab is out on frame 1. Wouldn't it hit ON frame 30, BEFORE they could shield?
I was under the impression that the person being released cannot buffer, while the person releasing CAN buffer. Meaning Squirtle/ZSS can jab people before they can shield if they were the one who releasing the opponent.

C.J.

Smash Master
I was under the impression that the one breaking out of the grab is30 frames and the one who grabbed was 29. It's why you see reflex do grab, pummel jab guaranteed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom