• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v6

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Timing out Lucario with Wario is something I will never grow tired of.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
hey all you ****s on the boards, all this arguing i have with you about ****ing video games doesn't matter. you people as people matter

to all the people i know, to every one who pisses me off, to everyone i fight with, to every one i hang out with. know that i love you, because you never ****ing know when those who are ****ing close to are gonna just ****ing die and not give you the chance to say that. i love you ****ers, and don't one of ****ing forget it. REST IN PEACE JEAN PAGE, MY SECOND MOTHER, MY BEST TEACHER, MY REASON FOR BEING AS GOOD IN ENGLISH READING AND WRITING AS I AM TODAY. FOR ALL THE SUPPORT YOU GAVE TO ME, I HOPE WITH ALL MY SOUL THAT YOU'RE WATCHING COLLEGE FOOTBALL IN HEAVEN LAUGHING YOUR *** OFF AND ENJOYING YOURSELF DAMN IT, BECAUSE IF YOU'RE NOT ENJOYING YOUR NEW LIFE, IM GONNA COME UP THERE AND MAKE YOU ENJOY IT. GOD DAMN IT REST IN PEACE MRS. JEAN PAGE.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
hey all you ****s on the boards, all this arguing i have with you about ****ing video games doesn't matter. you people as people matter

to all the people i know, to every one who pisses me off, to everyone i fight with, to every one i hang out with. know that i love you, because you never ****ing know when those who are ****ing close to are gonna just ****ing die and not give you the chance to say that. i love you ****ers, and don't one of ****ing forget it. REST IN PEACE JEAN PAGE, MY SECOND MOTHER, MY BEST TEACHER, MY REASON FOR BEING AS GOOD IN ENGLISH READING AND WRITING AS I AM TODAY. FOR ALL THE SUPPORT YOU GAVE TO ME, I HOPE WITH ALL MY SOUL THAT YOU'RE WATCHING COLLEGE FOOTBALL IN HEAVEN LAUGHING YOUR *** OFF AND ENJOYING YOURSELF DAMN IT, BECAUSE IF YOU'RE NOT ENJOYING YOUR NEW LIFE, IM GONNA COME UP THERE AND MAKE YOU ENJOY IT. GOD DAMN IT REST IN PEACE MRS. JEAN PAGE.

Your drunk and or high again aren't you =/

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
no kuro. im just very ****ing depressed. very ****ing depressed. and i know there may be other norcal players who knew her and didn't know that she's ****ing gone, and **** man do i have to be drunk to tell people they ****ing matter as people?

LKratos

Smash Cadet

SH dair, reverse waveland uair, FH knee, DJ knee.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
no kuro. im just very ****ing depressed. very ****ing depressed. and i know there may be other norcal players who knew her and didn't know that she's ****ing gone, and **** man do i have to be drunk to tell people they ****ing matter as people?
Nope. But regardless of your emotional state you normally don't have these types of post unless you are drunk or got drunk from something bad that happened. Especially in a place as random as tier list v.6 and the ruleset thread.

Either way, sry to hear that. My ears are always open if you wanna chat.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Instead of me, or any main of him. talking about it, what do people think of Lucario?

Curiosity hit me.
At best he should be the bottom of High. Maybe top of Mid.

As said he's pretty easy to time out, but when you get momentum the risk reward to go for gimp reads is kind of obnoxious. Like his recovery isn't the worst but I have no problem just fishing for grabs near a ledge and not approaching ever like melee marth lol.

SH dair, reverse waveland uair, FH knee, DJ knee.
what's funny is i imagined kratos doing this to some poor boy XDDD

Steam

Smash Hero
I swear they got more problematic as time went by.

Probably because I haven't actively practised against roll spam for a very long time lol.
there's really not much lucario can even do offensively with it as long as you don't commit to something... his fastest move that hits in front of him is his frame 6 jab/grab and after that it's around frame 10 or worse. if they're working on you just slow the **** down and pick him apart, it's not like lucario can force a fast paced match on you.

from my experience rolling only works as an occasional mixup and is just great for creating space.(lolrollisfasterthandash) too bad lucario has to approach pretty much every character that matters because he has a very good keepaway.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I always have problems against Lucarios. That must be because I try to approach lol. Timeouts da bess.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
well lets look at it this way

pit is even with snake, diddy, falco, olimar, pikachu, lucario, zss, and TL in high tier
pit beats DDD
pit loses to wario, marth, g&w, ICs. non of these are counter advantage bar wario

ZSS is even with olimar, g&w, lucario
ZSS beats ICs, DDD, and TL
ZSS loses to diddy, snake, falco, wario, marth, and pikachu. only falco is counter advantage

pit may be bad to you nickriddle but at least he doesn't suck as bad as ZSS
LOL

OK, so here's the thing. If you have made a post stating that characters who have bad MK match-ups won't place better, you're wrong. They won't be relative better to other characters on the tier list, but they will place better (they almost have to). If DK is 20th, he's gonna be 19th now, as a random example, unless it is determined that he's better than that and his Real Placement changes. Same goes for Peach, Pit, ROB, et. al. They will place better because statistically they have to, but it won't be much better, and here's why:

If you main one of these characters, instead of getting rocked by someone's pocket MK in round 2 winners, sent to losers and then losing to Mario because your bad character has an even match-up with him, you will be met with an even spread of high tier characters that have only marginal advantages. Instead of a brick wall, you'll be met with a slow, difficult uphill battle. In other words, you'll have what B and C tier characters have had since Brawl came out. Hint: they don't really place all that well, so you won't either.

I stand by what I said in the URC thread: only potentially Toon Link will be significantly better. The best Pit, Peach, and ROB players can really hope for imo is a slight statistical increase that works out to not really feeling any better about your bad character choice. And man, quit being deluded. Pit isn't good. Play him, have fun with him, win. I hope you do. I hope the MK ban gives you that extra edge and you start winning $500 every weekend. This game isn't so unbalanced that Pit can't make you some money if you're good enough. But he's not high tier. He never will be. ZSS is better, bottom of high tier is where she belongs, but she's not good either. And she doesn't lose to Wario LOL

K bye

Orion*

Smash Researcher
his fastest move that hits in front of him is his frame 6 jab/grab
Frame 5 utilt :glare:
get @ those standard options bro

I always have problems against Lucarios. That must be because I try to approach lol. Timeouts da bess.
You don't have to time out lucario to win. In fact, doing it will statistically net you wins, but you won't learn anything about the actual matchup and what happens when you actually get into clutch situations where you have to fight.

Learn your characters zoning

I think Sheik is top 3 in this game
Maybe if she had tornado :troll:
no but srsly why top 3? jesus

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Frame 5 utilt :glare:
get @ those standard options bro
Call me when Lucario's Ftilt becomes 5 frames.

You don't have to time out lucario to win. In fact, doing it will statistically net you wins, but you won't learn anything about the actual matchup and what happens when you actually get into clutch situations where you have to fight.

What if they know the MU and choose to time him out because it's less stressful? I'd do it against Lucario in a heartbeat...if I could ever get first stock off. /:sonic:

Orion*

Smash Researcher
I don't think it's that easy to go for timeouts on him. Unless your Wario.
out of the top tiers bar MK probably not.
But diddy/snake already win by +2
and ics/falco/marth win by +1

-imo-

idk how olimar does...
i do think pikas should be timing your *** out though. same w/ TLs and pits. sonic. kirby.
most of the mid tiers.

It's not gonna happen every match obviously, timing someone out is not a consistent strategy but at least forcing lucario to approach gives you more gimp opportunities.
Call me when Lucario's Ftilt becomes 5 frames.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=211488
Unless it's a mistake. I distinctly remembered it being frame 5 and then went to check before I posted.

What if they know the MU and choose to time him out because it's less stressful?
In that case my post wasn't directed at you.

-LzR-

Smash Hero

True dat. I just hate it when I rack him up to 150% and I have like 25% and then suddenly I die first >_> It sucks soooo bad...

Orion*

Smash Researcher
True dat. I just hate it when I rack him up to 150% and I have like 25% and then suddenly I die first >_> It sucks soooo bad...
that's like every matchup vs good characters.

troll utilts.
troll pikmin.
troll tipper.
troll banana lock.
troll fart.
troll chain grab.
troll arrow loo- *oh wait*.

NVM :troll:

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Hey guys,

Since it seems some of you guys still aren't sure how your character will fare after Meta Knight is gone, I went through the trouble analyzing a bunch of anti-ban data and it seems most of the characters have very interesting futures for themselves both inside and outside the metagame. Here's what's going to go down:

Meta Knight: Cleaned up, and got a real job teaching children about the dangers of ledge abuse.
Snake: Last seen infiltrating a mountain base.
Falco: Isn't complaining.
Wario: No longer sells his body as a secondary for pot money.
Marth: With a renewed competitive spirit, Marth now dedicates himself to living up to his tier list position.
Ice Climbers: Killed during a hiking expedition when their base camp was ransacked and their money stolen. Seemed to be the work of hired mercenaries.
King Dedede: http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/5725/al1107151416binout.jpg
Samus: Quit Smash because it wasn't authorized by Adam. Was recently cast in a direct-to-TV movie on Lifetime.
Toon Link: After achieving stardom by skyrocketing into top tier, Toon Link posed nude in the London-based homosexual mens' magazine Cell Boy.
Kirby: After finally defeating Meta Knight but failing to thwart King Dedede, Kirby decided to cut his losses and retire in Florida.
Fox: Created a deviantart account to sell photos of himself to hoomans.
Pit: No one has seen or heard from Pit since he was spotted in a New York City alley. Allegedly, he was rocking himself back and forth, whispering "…but it was supposed to be different… they were only 55-45…"
Peach: Broke the curse of 17th place. Was cursed again, to 13th place this time.
Luigi: Quit Smash to enjoy a lucrative career as an alternate costume for Ken in Ultra Street Fighter IV: Super Arcade Deluxe Special Edition Plus.
Wolf: After finally passing Fox on the tier list, Wolf held a party for the whole smash cast to celebrate, but only Bowser attended, because he didn't have anything else to do.
Zelda/Sheik: Is trying to catch up to Snake.
Ness: Did a short hop fair from the ledge or something
Pokemon Trainer: Discovered Ivysaur Cancelling and moved up to B tier.
Mario: Finally learned to consistently cape teleport.
Bowser: Returned home after Wolf's awful party to catch up on episodes of Daria. Wolf came with him. He used to watch that show in the 90s and remembers it being hilarious.
Link: Missing: last seen leaving a seedy London-based book store, and has reportedly been seeing a psychologist about some deep-seeded gender issues.
Ganon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8xHjC27YvM

TheSlothStyle

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys,

Since it seems some of you guys still aren't sure how your character will fare after Meta Knight is gone, I went through the trouble analyzing a bunch of anti-ban data and it seems most of the characters have very interesting futures for themselves both inside and outside the metagame. Here's what's going to go down:

Meta Knight: Cleaned up, and got a real job teaching children about the dangers of ledge abuse.
Snake: Last seen infiltrating a mountain base.
Falco: Isn't complaining.
Wario: No longer sells his body as a secondary for pot money.
Marth: With a renewed competitive spirit, Marth now dedicates himself to living up to his tier list position.
Ice Climbers: Killed during a hiking expedition when their base camp was ransacked and their money stolen. Seemed to be the work of hired mercenaries.
King Dedede: http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/5725/al1107151416binout.jpg
Samus: Quit Smash because it wasn't authorized by Adam. Was recently cast in a direct-to-TV movie on Lifetime.
Toon Link: After achieving stardom by skyrocketing into top tier, Toon Link posed nude in the London-based homosexual mens' magazine Cell Boy.
Kirby: After finally defeating Meta Knight but failing to thwart King Dedede, Kirby decided to cut his losses and retire in Florida.
Fox: Created a deviantart account to sell photos of himself to hoomans.
Pit: No one has seen or heard from Pit since he was spotted in a New York City alley. Allegedly, he was rocking himself back and forth, whispering "…but it was supposed to be different… they were only 55-45…"
Peach: Broke the curse of 17th place. Was cursed again, to 13th place this time.
Luigi: Quit Smash to enjoy a lucrative career as an alternate costume for Ken in Ultra Street Fighter IV: Super Arcade Deluxe Special Edition Plus.
Wolf: After finally passing Fox on the tier list, Wolf held a party for the whole smash cast to celebrate, but only Bowser attended, because he didn't have anything else to do.
Zelda/Sheik: Is trying to catch up to Snake.
Ness: Did a short hop fair from the ledge or something
Pokemon Trainer: Discovered Ivysaur Cancelling and moved up to B tier.
Mario: Finally learned to consistently cape teleport.
Bowser: Returned home after Wolf's awful party to catch up on episodes of Daria. Wolf came with him. He used to watch that show in the 90s and remembers it being hilarious.
Link: Missing: last seen leaving a seedy London-based book store, and has reportedly been seeing a psychologist about some deep-seeded gender issues.
Ganon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8xHjC27YvM
This is the best thing I have read in a week. :p

-LzR-

Smash Hero
that's like every matchup vs good characters.

troll utilts.
troll pikmin.
troll tipper.
troll banana lock.
troll fart.
troll chain grab.
troll arrow loo- *oh wait*.

NVM :troll:
Lost at Pit lol.
Except Lucario lands that one preditable **** fsmash which you can beat 9/10 times, but that 1 time is enough for him to kill you at negative %.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom