• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
i love how yall say we have no results to prove this and that we over-rate our MUs.

Geeeeez, now I don't prefer using results as an argument, but look who is talking, as if Pit places frequently. You can link me whatever you want to. Yes, he has some results here and there but they tell me that he is a decent mid tier character with all right match-ups and not an amazing high tier character with super match-ups. Yes, he may have defeated a Snake once but for every win he probably lost at least once as well.

It's just like that other Pit main.I main him which means I know everything better, so don't you even dare to prove me wrong!

:052:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
What exactly do you mean by gimmicky? I've heard the word tossed around so many times but I never really got what it meant
gimmicky doesn't mean anything. it's just a derogatory word for unusual.

just like how "cheese" is a derogatory word for simple, cheap all-in strategies that are powerful in the metagame.

people have bad names for everything

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I didn't know Pit was actually even with all of those characters lol. I call bull****.
Instead of u know...quoting everyone.

Even with snake, diddy, lucario, toonlink w/o a doubt.

Possible -1 are olimar, zss, pikachu, falco.

Current -1 are marth gaw IC wario.

Cassio

Smash Master
The Pit vs Pika MU feels really easy for pika and theres reason for it to be hard for pit. But the MU is never played anywhere. Overall pikas dont really care if its 0 or +1, but I dont think its accurate to constantly claim its even especially when its literally never played and a ratio made from ignorance :|

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I guess it depends on how lenient you are when it comes to the definition of terms like "even", "disadvantage", etc. While Snake likely has a small advantage in the match-up due to him just being better overall it's still required for the Snake to outplay the Pit player in order to win. The difference from Snake to Pit in that regard isn't *that* high and it can generally be called even for that reason. In that case I'd prefer to just simplify the denomination of the match-up - they're quite overrated in general shown by how much value they're given. I'd rather just say it's about even and call it a day instead of arguing every single detail and then come to the conclusion that it's exactly 47/53 in Snake's favor which has practically no value anyway.

:059:

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Pit sucks, even with MK banned.

well lets look at it this way

pit is even with snake, diddy, falco, olimar, pikachu, lucario, zss, and TL in high tier
pit beats DDD
pit loses to wario, marth, g&w, ICs. non of these are counter advantage bar wario

ZSS is even with olimar, g&w, lucario
ZSS beats ICs, DDD, and TL
ZSS loses to diddy, snake, falco, wario, marth, and pikachu. only falco is counter advantage

pit may be bad to you nickriddle but at least he doesn't suck as bad as ZSS
Can a Pit player actually place then? I mean, considering his MU spread he should be ******, unless all of your character's reps suck. inb4onepitdoeswellinoneregion
Also, not talking about Japan. ZSS suck there.
Also, I think ZSS goes even with Snake, Wario, and Marth.

The only thing this tells me is that Pit's matchups are overrated.
I like you.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Pit is a mid tier marth, instead of having tons of equal match ups like marth, pit should have tons of -1s

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Pit is a mid tier marth, instead of having tons of equal match ups like marth, pit should have tons of -1s
Nah Pit is like a chewed up MK/Marth/Falco mix. He has the move speed/recovery similar to MK, Aerial range similar to Marth, and a projectile/chaingrab similar to Falco, but even with all these similarities, they aren't as good as the original, but I wouldn't say Pit sucks. I think his matchup spread is what Kuro said, and tbh it's more of "the players aren't as good," but I'd say we are definitely all improving collectively :cool:

IMO--Pit is low high tier--his moves are fast, good projectile, good grabs, most everything about Pit is just good but not great, but that leaves few weaknesses(recovery). Just because almost everything is average about him, doesn't mean he's just mid tier though..

Pit results: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=268773

EDIT: Underlines are what matter though :p

Chuee

Smash Hero
Can a Pit player actually place then? I mean, considering his MU spread he should be ******, unless all of your character's reps suck. inb4onepitdoeswellinoneregion
Also, not talking about Japan. ZSS suck there.
Also, I think ZSS goes even with Snake, Wario, and Marth.
Except that the exact reason?
Majority of the Pit's in NA suck. The only good Pit's in NA are Koolaid, Kira, and Krystedez, all of them place do well when they use Pit.
wat @ Japan reference.
ZSS doesn't place in Japan because the ZSS there aren't top level.
Pit doesn't place in NA because the Pit's here aren't top level.
There you go.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Except that the exact reason?
Majority of the Pit's in NA suck. The only good Pit's in NA are Koolaid, Kira, and Krystedez, all of them place do well when they use Pit.
wat @ Japan reference.
ZSS doesn't place in Japan because the ZSS there aren't top level.
Pit doesn't place in NA because the Pit's here aren't top level.
There you go.
But, even those Pit players suck.
I'm just saying, ZSS mains never say our character is amazing when we don't place. (Even then, I never say she's amazing even though I place.) Pit mains, on the other hand, always talk about how great he is, and how good his MUs are, but then... they don't win...

Chuee

Smash Hero
I'm just saying, ZSS mains never say our character is amazing when we don't place. (Even then, I never say she's amazing even though I place.) Pit mains, on the other hand, always talk about how great he is, and how good his MUs are, but then... they don't win...
Which pit players?
Either one I'm going to laugh at you.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
nickriddle you really have no place to talk as you were outplaced by both kiraflax and earth at genesis 2. i don't mention krystedez for this one as he went mostly wario.

at whoever asked,

pit, zss, and peach are all in the same place to me when i look at MUs and results. all 3 are better than fox and wolf without MK around as they were only as high as they were because they do well vs him and now that there will be more pikachu's and falco's and DDD's, fox and wolf are gonna go down

at whoever said snake is positive vs pit in tournament, believe it or not it is the other way around. thx to koolaid's pit beating the mdva snake's (bizkit and fatal) many more times than the other way around pit has the positive record of wins here (there are other referances but this is the easiest for me to find and im tired atm).

the only ones i mentioned earlier that pit may be disadvantaged against by -1 at most are pika and zss. and that's really iffy since these aren't played much and the win score in tournament is similar with zss and non-existent with pika.

speaking of zss, bio if you read this we need to play and get some vids of this up. your ability with zss is sexier than the character herself

Chuee

Smash Hero
pit, zss, and peach are all in the same place to me when i look at MUs and results. all 3 are better than fox and wolf without MK around as they were only as high as they were because they do well vs him and now that there will be more pikachu's and falco's and DDD's, fox and wolf are gonna go down
wtf @ falco mentioning.
both wolf and Fox do fine vs him
edit:
inui logic is I beat Inui and Inui beat Logic therefore I am better than Logic.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
okay i always see this joke everywhere and never was told the actual joke

what the **** is inui logic?
If (never happened, using extreme example), I beat Espy back in Texas, who had beaten Razor, who had beaten Gnes, who had beaten M2K: by Inui's logic, I am better than M2K.

That's how he would argue things. Funny enough he was always claiming Ike was bottom tier, and conveniently dropped this logic for a bit when Gnes won MLG...and San had beaten Gnes before.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
idk why i typed falco, that confused me but im already a bit high in the head ;) and i've been considering picking up falco as my second recently but now with MK gone IDK who to second. im still practicing DDD but he's just so....... DDD. and it's just not the style im used to

edit:

i didn't use inui logic then. it's a fact, they placed better than him. and if some1 can link to apex 2010 results thread im sure it would just prove my point about pit's outplacing zss again. and when earth AND masashi come over for apex and outplace most people as well as kiraflax and koolaid (i heard he is confirmed for apex but idk as it wasn't a reliable source) and krystedez if he goes mostly pit like he is saying he wants to it'll just prove it AGAIN. every major national that has the top level pit's attending you see them in high placing, this includes other countries as well (snopy at brawl in berlin, earth at the japanese apex qualifier...)

Orion*

Smash Researcher
gimmicky doesn't mean anything. it's just a derogatory word for unusual.
false
LOL people still think Pit is bad even without MK.
Stay classy north america.
just watched that movie
I love you lol

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
nickriddle you really have no place to talk as you were outplaced by both kiraflax and earth at genesis 2. i don't mention krystedez for this one as he went mostly wario.
Aww man, you're right.
I lost to TearBear, then lost to my team's partner while people were telling me that I was playing like ****.
ZSS < Pit

Looking at the bracket.
Oh no, KiraFlax beat the guy I lost to.
Oh, wait, his Pit lost to Shaky, then he used ROB to beat him.
He also beat people I don't know and lost to a MK worse than TearBear.

Earth beat a mediocre MK, a Sonic (who I lost to, no johns) and the same bad MK.

They did much better than me, you're right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom