• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steam

Smash Hero
It's an international forum. We count everyone, and the more people we have from each said community, the more their opinion is generally voiced about their said results/metagame/ect.

I don't see why people have had to explain this extremely simple concept to you multiple times. You're stubborn to the point where it makes you not only look bad, but look like an ***hole. There's already been an established community where everyone's opinions are counted, and there has been no problems that hold any significance.

We don't need some magic number, or to change a system that works perfectly fine so that you're biased, rude, selfish and alienating self can be pleased. Instead of *****ing about how you can't drop or move people around in the BBR because they are from a different region, and then just posting salty garbage all the time. Step your posts up, apply (or don't for all I care) and just voice your opinion on what you think should change instead of what members should.
Oh what the hell....

All I'm saying is I don't think representation in the bbr should be what determines if results should be used from x region. There are Aussies in the bbr, should we use their results equally? Xplayerperson being in the bbr doesn't effect the results and how characters are doing. I dont feel it's a reason to ignore Japan if you're including Europe with results...

Again, I personally think every seperate region needs their own tier list as they're separate metagames

:phone:

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
Results say otherwise, guess that doesn't matter cause some theorycrafters on smashboards won't stop orgasming over marth's mediocre character traits
So I heard yesterday that Mikehaze got 3rd in a tourney losing only to two of the best MK players in the world, even beating one of them earlier in the bracket

Sup

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
And it only took Marth a whopping forever to do it, right Zano?
Marth's still mediocre.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
All I'm saying is I don't think representation in the bbr should be what determines if results should be used from x region.
Once again, it's not directly. Just the people who are there and can voice their opinions. Generally if there are more Americans then there will be more opinions based on what's going on in that region. I don't really see the point you're trying to make here, unless you want to go back to your case of making separate BBRs for each region.

There are Aussies in the bbr, should we use their results equally? Xplayerperson being in the bbr doesn't effect the results and how characters are doing. I dont feel it's a reason to ignore Japan if you're including Europe with results...
Why shouldn't we use their results equally? To be honest, even if we tried to, it would likely not happen anyway because the number of people from other regions severely outnumber them. You also have to consider the size of the scenes involved.

EX, if alaska was a country, and they had their own separate metagame. I would look at their results equally to any other country. However you still have to look at how large the competition is in comparison to lets say US which has multiple large cities and regions with high level play.

Again, I personally think every seperate region needs their own tier list as they're separate metagames
They may be separate metagames, but brawl is a static engine. The game does not change regardless of where it's being played (unlike let's say melee), therefore by including other regions we get more information and can more accurately judge where characters should be placed.

If you want to make a tierlist solely based on the metagame in the US or whatever, you're free to make youre own BBR or US something social and do that lol, nobody is stopping you.

So I heard yesterday that Mikehaze got 3rd in a tourney losing only to two of the best MK players in the world, even beating one of them earlier in the bracket

Sup
He lost to anti's diddy in losers actually from what I heard ^_^

Wait wuttttt? I'm still doing work lol.
I don't see you getting paid though. So you're still free :awesome:

Exdeath

Smash Master
Sorry to bring this up again, but my mind was blown away by the lack of foresight some of these players possess.

Seriously, who would choose the kind of position from a bad DI'd shuttle loop over more damage against an MK? Do people have to explain the entire chain off logic to comprehend this?

Unless you're a character with a phenomenal recovery, you don't put yourself in a position to get gimped by MK. Not to mention the potential damage MK can do by following-up.

Up is even the best direction against nair.
It wasn't explicit, but my point of view is a Meta Knight being Uaired by another Meta Knight. If we were talking about Samus then I would agree with you because I love having Samus on the ledge where I can cover every option that she has. There's no need to be condescending.

Also, up isn't the best direction against Nair at low % (which was being discussed) unless it's by the ledge because it leads to more guaranteed damage and another strong set-up.

Cassio

Smash Master
Im not exactly a Marth advocate but I do think people are underplaying his results in the US way too much. Mike beat Anti and forced him to use Diddy to win their next set. Keep in mind Rich (best olimar), havok (great snake who beat tyrant earlier in bracket), tyrant (top 5 MK), and TKD (great at beating MK) I believe all lost. And a week ago Pierce did something cool as well.

I also dont mind that the BBR looks at Europes results, but the reasoning they give is horrible. 8 members out of about 100 or so would hardly make a dent in the tier list unless North American members were taking it into account as well. I dont understand why BBR teases around the fact that all BBR members consider results in Europe regardless of where theyre from. Regional bias should be a given (and not particularly accepted but just acknowledged). tbh it sounds like an excuse, intentional or not, to exclude Japan, which is arguably an even stronger region than Europe and the US. No reason Japans (and other places) results shouldnt be looked at moreso than Europes, especially by NA members.

Also a large amount of caution and discretion should be used in mixing different scenes that rarely interact. But apparently thats too much to ask for and gets tossed out the window since marth advocates are too biased give a ton of weight to Europe, and Marth haters hate Marth and discredit Europe when they can; and neither bothers to realize that both sides could potentially be right.

Imo Marth is:
-1 against MK, Diddy, DDD, IC [Diddy and MK are possibly -2 but I go with -1 for the sake of the argument]
0 against Snake, Falco, Olimar, Fox, Wolf, Kirby, ZSS, TL, ROB, Lucario, DK
+1 against Wario, Pikachu, GW, Peach, Pit, Sonic, Ike, Sheik, Yoshi
Leaving pikachu in that list of +1s is an eyesore, lol. Realistically he probably does better than ROB, TL, Lucario, and DK when all MUS are played correctly. Diddy is also -2 :p

No-IDea said:
Seriously, who would choose the kind of position from a bad DI'd shuttle loop over more damage against an MK? Do people have to explain the entire chain off logic to comprehend this?

Unless you're a character with a phenomenal recovery, you don't put yourself in a position to get gimped by MK. Not to mention the potential damage MK can do by following-up.
Theyre talking about SDI not DI. And I was going to answer youre question on who would choose the position from a bad DI'd shuttle loop, but you sort of answered it with the next paragraph, lol. Not all characters are left in a bad position. And to be honest at low percents sometimes 'bad DI' is better if it puts you in a better position to avoid follow ups.

lol, xdeath inb4d me.

Cassio

Smash Master
He made it sound like they were intentionally using sideways DI when it was just a result of SDI'ing.

Steam

Smash Hero
@orion- I get that. but why can't we include japan? does the presence of 8 people in the BBR make all that difference? :/

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
It wasn't explicit, but my point of view is a Meta Knight being Uaired by another Meta Knight. If we were talking about Samus then I would agree with you because I love having Samus on the ledge where I can cover every option that she has. There's no need to be condescending.
It wasn't directed solely towards you, but the quote I used summed up where the argument left off.

Snake/Falco/Diddy... in fact I can't think of any character who's recovery can handle being shot horizontally against MK, low or high percent. Falco may be best, but those options can easily be covered as well. I'm not saying Samus has the big straw either. I would hate to be in that position.

Literally, the only character that could handle it would be MK. So yes to SDI'ing if your MK, no if you're any other character in the game? Just take the damage and don't get caught next time.

Cassio

Smash Master
Falco may be best
lol...all three of those characters have pretty mediocre recoveries. Falco might be ok because he falls fast.

Basically any character with multiple jumps. Pika. GW. ROB. etc. Several may depend on whether they have their second jump or not.

Exdeath

Smash Master
It wasn't directed solely towards you, but the quote I used summed up where the argument left off.
I only responded because you quoted me. Also, it's not the ability to recovery from a low % Up-B (most of the cast can easily do so). It's the ability to quickly do so without being ledge trapped. The characters that would prefer to be Up-Bed would generally be able to recover quickly to minimize their vulnerability (which is situation in Falco's case; often times he is in an ideal position to be punished if he tries to return to the stage if it puts him off-stage) or if a ledge trap is less powerful than a close-range juggle (the main character that comes to mind here would be Wario). Meta Knight actually ledge traps Meta Knight very well, and it's one of the times in which MK's low horizontal movement hurts him the most.

Tesh

Smash Hero

Sup
a bunch of mid tiers have been there and done that ages ago
It's not like it's the first time a Marth has placed well : (

Just cause us Texas Marths don't place well doesn't mean he's a bad character, just means we're bad.
peach status eh?

Illmatic is proof that Peach is top 8 character in the game. All other peaches just can't unlock her potential right?

NAKAT

Smash Champion
ORION WANTS TO FIGHT! LOL! I'll have you know I made $85 in mm's that weekend and $26 from 5th place lol! I always have my backup plans and gas was cheap my boy. Go beat Magically beat a Marth so we can finally see you again :3

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
a bunch of mid tiers have been there and done that ages ago

peach status eh?

Illmatic is proof that Peach is top 8 character in the game. All other peaches just can't unlock her potential right?
wtf am i reading

Elaith

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sonic12040
It's nice to see Sonic move up in the rankings. I've been enjoying learning to play him as a character (though admittedly I'm a novice).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom