• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Why did I miss the Rob talk a few pages back >_>
Anyways, he is the solid midtier he is currently.

So anyways, wadda ya think of IC? They haven't placed that much and have never won anything special and can be abused like hell. So yeah I guess drop em a few spots. Also their versatility is balls, they must have a secondary.

ErikG

Smash Ace
I feel like the Ice Climbers when examined like that are a lot like Snake. Both seem like they should drop a decent amount, but then you compare them to the characters around them.

I feel like Pikachu has the potentially to jump over the Climbers, but I'm not sold on Olimar. Any other character for the Climbers to drop below is just silly.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I guess so, but without a secondary, they are guaranteed to lose on their opponents counterpick. And they got pretty much like one really good stage and many others are just decent or suck.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
than how much does their 0-death make up for???
don't they have like multiple ways to infinite as well?
hobbling is easy i heard

Coney

Smash Master
okay i'm going to come out and say it

is anyone else completely ****ing baffled at this pikachu hype?

i mean call me crazy but i really don't understand why everyone thinks so highly of this character

so one person plays him well, that's cool, oh hey two people play sonic well, he should be A tier

actually, can we talk about sonic?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Pikachu too hard to effectively use. Unless you a hardcore main of him, you're not gonna pick him up as a secondary and **** with him.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
who can't grab release squirtle? lol ;)

more sonic talk geez
i had to catch up like 20 pages last time

and hobbling useless?? how so

-LzR-

Smash Hero
It can be mashed out of and it just sucks anyways as it can be SDI'd eventually. Just stick to alternating throws. Other stuff sucks.

Coney

Smash Master
Pikachu too hard to effectively use. Unless you a hardcore main of him, you're not gonna pick him up as a secondary and **** with him.
i agree, and that's probably why there are so few of them, he's difficult and exhausting

i think he still belongs in B tier

but i'd probably shove that little **** all the way to the bottom of it, tbh

Browny

Smash Hater
rofl you cant be serious.

I dont suppose repeated high placings at MLG which like, 3/4 of the cast couldnt dream of, has anything to do with it? I'm not saying he deserves the amount of hyp he has gotten but its pretty damn clear where it came from, and why would people hype any other character around him, higher lol? (oli obvious exception)

Coney

Smash Master
i mean yeah he has results but it's just ONE GUY, man

nick's done just as much, right? if you switched the two you wouldn't hear a peep out of me

i guess it comes back to the whole "do outliers count" thing

i don't care one way or another, i just don't feel like pika is quite all that

on the flipside, i think wario's better than how he performed at all the MLGs

Coney

Smash Master
well i realize a few chars in B tier have "just one guy" and pika's has undoubtedly done the best of all of them (except olimar who has like three reps), so i might be being a little unfair

but...

i look at the list and i'm always like

really? he's THAT good?

usually i feel like good results should bring a character up, pikachu is literally the only character i see up there whose results simply don't convince me that he's THAT good

is that so crazy? :embarrass:

Coney

Smash Master
oh i guess i put it wrong, lmfao

by hype i meant, just why is this character so high on the tier list? was it just purely MLG? i'm honestly confused as to how ZSS is down there and pika is up there, both did very well and i feel like pika's just...not as good as some of the people directly below him.

maybe it's just because pikas are so rare, since he's so hard to play

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922

by hype i meant, just why is this character so high on the tier list? was it just purely MLG? i'm honestly confused as to how ZSS is down there and pika is up there, both did very well and i feel like pika's just...not as good as some of the people directly below him.

It was due to MLG. ESAM hasn't traveled to nationals beforehand, so he was relatively unknown and considered to be below Anther in terms of skill. Then MLG comes around, he places high, and people realize how good Pikachu is.

ESAM is planning to go to many more nationals now (it's not like he can't afford it lol).

:069:

etecoon

Smash Hero
I thought pikachu was good before ESAM ***** MLG, I really can't see why people WOULDN'T think of him as being a really good character

Die !

Smash Cadet

eSam2good

But Pika imo is better then everyone else below him

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Pikachu....

Pikachu is like the highlander. Like there can only be one great one.
First it was anther, who even tho he never won sets consistently took games off of Mew2King, and when he was in his prime, going to Michigan tourneys was pretty much "Is it gonna be lain or anther this week?" for like 6 months.

Pikapika did have one shining moment back in 09 but his results have always been hella sporadic. Although I clearly remember him beating coney in tourney on a live stream once. Ima see if I can get him back into top form in time for pound.

And after those two kinda fell off, ESAM came thru and was like 'eyo, you see this little yellow rat? he can do this cool thing, where he grabs you , and sits on you, over and over and over and over again.' and people were like 'whwooheaerureuajf???!' And pretty much wrecked the entire mlg season.

Point is that Pikachu has always had the results of a top tier character, just not the numbers. He never has many players but the players that do get very good with him have more potential to do something big than almost every other character.

He just has too many OP characteristics that he can abuse.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
i mean yeah he has results but it's just ONE GUY, man

nick's done just as much, right? if you switched the two you wouldn't hear a peep out of me

i guess it comes back to the whole "do outliers count" thing

i don't care one way or another, i just don't feel like pika is quite all that

on the flipside, i think wario's better than how he performed at all the MLGs
well i realize a few chars in B tier have "just one guy" and pika's has undoubtedly done the best of all of them (except olimar who has like three reps), so i might be being a little unfair

but...

i look at the list and i'm always like

really? he's THAT good?

usually i feel like good results should bring a character up, pikachu is literally the only character i see up there whose results simply don't convince me that he's THAT good

is that so crazy? :embarrass:
You havent given a real reason as to why pika is placed too high or overhyped aside from "because I think he is". It sounds more like a lack of information or understanding of the character then anything else. I mean its fine to think he's overhyped, but theres not really a basis for believing that.

And its not just MLG, Pikas placed very well at every national that the best pika (either Anther or Esam) has attended since Brawls release, which is more consistent then even several people above him much less below. Its the reason he's been 9th for awhile, and everyone below hasnt done anything to prove that theyre better, and I cant really think of a convincing argument for any of them outside placements. Thats beside the fact that Pika still performed better than ZSS and everyone else in b tier (sans olimar) at MLGs.

The evidence seems to point to the fact that pika is good but that he also really is that hard to use. Like several others have said or implied I think olimar and pikachu are a step above the rest of B.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
You havent given a real reason as to why pika is placed too high or overhyped aside from "because I think he is".
Aside from MLG, his tournament results are terrible. The whole top half of mid tier have better results than him. It's been this way for a long time yet he's been 9th for the past three tier list.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
DMG did a hella lot better job than I did lol.

EDIT: Are you serious? :awesome: Ganon has ACTUAL 0-100 MUs. ICs and Sheik are two iirc.
um yoshi?
Rob be bad though. I only have faith in Clubbinsempai
LOOOL i love you
Why can't you use the Ladder as evidence?

i will give you a chance to redeem yourself through god, half decent posts and good placings before i block you for this heresy
New SWF rule: you can't ask sexual hypothetical questions with Jay Z related avatars
>:[
I love that ZSS has so many chaingrabs
if only zss had a grab.... -.-
Inbe4 beggars cant be choosers. Be glad its not Sonic talk LOL
i agree with brownie for once...
I finally keep up with this thread >__<
13 Pages over night is awful.
just kinda randomly click pages and see whats interesting, its all i do

pshhh at people thinking im going to read that much garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom