• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Matchup Chart v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
imho, nicole, king beef, razmakazi, lloD, Dark peach, Illmatic and kyon are all at the same level, and just have different strengths and weaknesses to their games, but theres no way you can realistically have proof to say that any one of them is quantifiably better than all the others.
Sort of this
If you could mash them up into one big super Peach player then we'd be rolling
But that would highly unethical and probably wouldn't work

As for the Uair string
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF-pxIUO3gE
You'd have to check with hotgarbage as to whether or not it is actually legit if you factor in proper (or I guess downright stupid) DI/SDI. I can't say I've heard of anyone doing it in tournament...or Bone Walking (consistantly) for that matter minus the B Stickers which is a shame because both of them are pretty useful
I would have thought it would be legit though, hg is always very accurate with his testings and data

Also OMG Wario Land 2 is incredible, you HAVE to play it Reflex

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Dunno about you, Rickerdy, but Sonic can uair/fair Peach by DI/SDIng her dair, and it's not particularly difficult to accomplish. :>

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Dunno about you, Rickerdy, but Sonic can uair/fair Peach by DI/SDIng her dair, and it's not particularly difficult to accomplish. :>
LIES YOU CAN'T SDI DAIR PEACH FOR GOD TIER

:<
Well yea you can SDI the Dair :p as for the Uair part, I think that's fairly legit. I don't which bit people are talking about - people usually have a problem with the Uair part

If you SDI out of the Dair then Peach cant set up the Uair string properly unless you mess up and staying floating above her as far as I'm aware. It also helps if her Uair is stale and that usually only takes one hit because Uair's staling properties are strange

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ditto for Pika/ESAM.
The brothers have played each enough to know their character flaws and such. Pretty sure in an interview from MLG NR had mentioned he got lucky beating ESAM as he usually loses to him.

From what i can remember.. Pikachu can CG ZSS to 48%ish with fthrow and since she's light (Lighter than Pikachu vertically) that's already half her stock before she can start being set up for kills. Fact that Pikachu is hard to hit and can combo anyone makes it tough on ZSS.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
You guys are silly. Peach's Dair is in fact SDI'able, even if it is by a small margin.

Edit: got ninja'd, really bad.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Uh, Peach's dair is MAD SDI-able, mash on up sticks, and if your character doesn't suck you even uair her. It's even easier if you mash away LOL

Flayl

Smash Hero
Why am I not surprised you people can't read? Rickerdy was talking about the UAir string.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i believe that different moves have different levels of SDI-ability.

thats why its so hard to SDI thru falcos jab wheel (jab3) but at the same time, you can teleport halfway across the stage with relative ease when you get hit by diddys tail whip (jab3)

Yikarur

Smash Master

thats why its so hard to SDI thru falcos jab wheel (jab3) but at the same time, you can teleport halfway across the stage with relative ease when you get hit by diddys tail whip (jab3)

you're right but your examples are wrong.

And Peaches and MKs upair have the same SDI Multiplier.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000

You mean...like this?

t3h Icy

Smash Master
:dedede:
-1: :sheilda:
0: :sheik:
1: :zelda:
At first I was confused by this, but after giving it some thought, it makes sense. See, when you use both characters, the combos that work on Dedede are endless since he's so big and slow. For example, Sheik's Needles in general are okay, but when you use both characters, you can do things such as Needle->Transform->Lightning Kick, which works and uses both characters together to put Dedede at the disadvantage. Another example would be Zelda's Din's Fire->Transform->Sheik Fair, as Din's Fire puts Dedede into the air, and then you transform into Sheik quickly enough to combo with a Fair. I just figured in case anyone else was wondering.

On a serious note, since nobody is currently making match-up charts that people like for Brawl, I wouldn't mind stepping up. I actually would have sooner, but Rajam was doing a really good job. Mind you, my knowledge about Brawl is pretty much nil, but I love doing projects like these.

Just in case the BBR neglects all y'all. ;)

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Lol i'm not a salty scrub, i'm just fascinated that Ness has so many disadvantages and only 13 positive matchups ( 6 neutrals, 6 +1's, 1 +2.)

How depressing.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Lol i'm not a salty scrub, i'm just fascinated that Ness has so many disadvantages and only 13 positive matchups ( 6 neutrals, 6 +1's, 1 +2.)

How depressing.
That's the saddening realization that happens to everyone that mains bad character.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Its like bombing a final and hoping you passed and in actuality you got a 32%.

Edit: Ok legit question here. Why is ness vs DK -2 when its -4 for Lucas. Doesn't Ness get infinited?

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Guys. guys. Guys.

The reason ZSS is bad is because she has absolutely no way to approach a shield without getting punished.

As more people realize this her matchups will shift down.
Unless majors keep getting hosted on LCDs.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
The 64 one went excellently, and I have a lot more faith in the Brawl community for this type of thing.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
low characters played by top notch players are a god damned deadly *** force. they know how to work around their dis-advantages and exploit wat strengths they have to higher degree than most top tier character players because they don't have a choice, it's either be a better player and use who you want or just be a tier ***** like the majority of smashers.

the only high tier character's that require more actual skill than other high tiers are marth, pickachu (for the most part), wario, olimar, and lucario. i mean those guys aside the other high tiers have something really easy to abuse that requires no more than practicing that/those gimmicks (except for metaknight, he practically plays himself).

i mean snakes got tilts and nades. there master those and you have a solid snake (no pun intended).
ICs are all grabs and don't even deny it. i mean ya they have other good **** but if you just practice CGing with ice-climbers your set, all you need to do is get a grab.
While DDD requires a little more skill than others, for the most part he is all cg. he is nothing without that cg.
diddy is all just bananas. no bananas and diddy is no high tier.
falco just takes patience, lazers, and jab. but on top of that he has the chaingrab and like i said, all it takes is patience (although i admit he takes more skill than other easy to use characters, but still not to much).

it's just that low tier characters, instead of having 1 easy advantage to abuse, instead have a lot hard skill required to use them to full potential and on top of that they usually have one distinct weakness (link's recovery, falcon's priority, ganons speed, puff's weight and speed, samus's lack of a good kill move, etc). and this is why they are avoided for the most part because people are like "why should i work to use who i think is cool but is hard when i can just use some1 easy like any1 in top tier (harder to use ones aside)?"

and if this was not the case then why else would tournies have almost the exact same characters enter? i mean a lot of mid and low tiers are hardly ever seen in tourney.

does this make sense or seem true to any1 else?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
hey man, hitting one direction, and than quickly hitting the opposite direction and Z... that is some extremely technical shiz right there.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
yes olimar's grab is very good. but that is not his only gimmick and there are plenty of ways not to get grabbed by him if you know how to jump. besides he has a terrible recovery, is light weight, and you got to know how to stay on stage. although i would say he is easier than the other hard to use high tiers, he still takes more skill than the easy to use. he could be considered in the middle. besides he is just 1 out of the several examples i listed.

i mean you can flame it all you want i don't really care. after all this is a bunch of brawl nerds talking about this video game. everyone who is on this site, myself included, cannot deny that they are a brawl nerd.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Pikmin management and dealing with his piss-poor priority and recovery can be a handful...

But yeah, lol @ hard to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom