• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Apex 2013 Results Thread | Jan 11-13, 2013 | New Brunswick NJ

Sanu

Smash Champion
oh **** full results thread. shoutouts tonite

But firstly, thanks to Alex Strife and all the staff for everything you did in putting this tourney together. **** the haters, y'all are awesome!!

:phone:

Slhoka

Smash Lord
25: Strawhat Dahean :marthmelee:
"He will barely make it to the bracket, he hasn't entered a tournament in a while".
I kept hearing that kind of stuff during the previous weeks, but I didn't stop thinking this guy would go fairly far.

I'm happy, good job Dahean.

I can't wait to see the brackets, but good stuff to Armada and Over, as well as leffen and Ice for teams.
Also, I'm a bit surprised to see that NamiNami didn't make it to the bracket. Oh well.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
I'm just gonna post a big shoutout to the stream as it was really well done. Chibo da bess. I didn't watch nearly as much as I probably should/wanted to (school johns), but it was on-point for all the time I watched.

Pierce, Gunblade, Coontail: I love hearing you guys commentate, so amazing at keeping the audience into what's happening on the screen and giving insight into what the players are thinking.

EE, Keitaro: I swear you two put me in stitches at least once while on the mic. Too good.

Congrats to those who won the events and to the staff for pulling out what seems like another epic Apex, really wish I could have made it out to this.

Cassio

Smash Master
Outstanding tournament. Gonna have a much longer list of shoutouts and thank yous later, especially to anyone who helped me deal with my lost (and eventually found) jacket/cell phone/wallet.

Also a very big shoutout to player-1 and DRN for taking me in Thursday night, lemme know if youre ever interested in making it out to SoCal.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
2: Mew2King :metaknight: ($1,642.50)
3: Otori :metaknight: ($722.70)
4: Nairo :metaknight: ($394.20)
5: Anti :metaknight:($164.25)
9: Dojo :metaknight:
9: Zero :metaknight:
13: Rain :metaknight:
13: Ally :metaknight:
17: Havok :metaknight:
17: Pwii :metaknight:
17: Kakera :metaknight:
17: Nakat :metaknight:
17: Tyrant :metaknight:
25: Seibrik :metaknight:
25: Bloodcross :metaknight:
25: Atomsk :metaknight:
33: Koolaid :metaknight:
33: Fow :metaknight:
33: Lie :metaknight:
33: Tearbear :metaknight:
49: Attila :metaknight:
49: Pelca :metaknight:
49: Jbandrew :metaknight:
49: Jtails :metaknight:
65: Sago :metaknight:
65: Hinkage :metaknight:
65: Zex :metaknight:
65: Orion :metaknight:
65: Croi :metaknight:
65: TO Joe :metaknight:
65: BJay :metaknight:
65: Smurf :metaknight:
97: Red-X :metaknight:
97: YoshQ :metaknight:
97: DLA :metaknight:
97: Poyo :metaknight:
97: RJ :metaknight:
97: Cheese :metaknight:
97: :metaknight:
97: Inui :metaknight:

REALLY?
1: Salem :zerosuitsamus: ($3,285.00)
5: Mikeneko :marth: ($164.25)
7: Mr. R :marth: ($98.55)
7: Dabuz :olimar:($98.55)
9: DEHF :falco:
9: 9B :popo:
13: ESAM :pikachu2: :popo:
13: Ally :snake:
13: Vinnie :popo:
17: ADHD :diddy:
17: Suinoko :diddy:
17: Zinoto :diddy:
17: Havok :snake:
17: Nakat :popo: :fox:
25: Seibrik :wario:
25: Earth :pit:
25: Shaky :ness2:
25: Atomsk :dedede: :wario:
25: Denti :olimar:
25: Leon :marth:
25: Nick Riddle :zerosuitsamus:
33: Koolaid :pit:
33: Waymas :warioc:
33: Vex :dedede: :gw:
33: Abadango :warioc: :olimar:
33: Mike Haze :marth:
33: Rich Brown :olimar:
33: Tinman :olimar:
33: Xzax :falco:
33: Razer :snake:
33: Bizkit :snake:
33: Lie :diddy:
33: MVD :snake:
33: MJG :toonlink:
33: Chudat :kirby2:
49: Dekillsage :snake:
49: Luigi-Player :diddy: :dk2:
49: Asa :olimar:
49: Will :dk2:
49: Pelca :falco:
49: Kairo :olimar:
49: Shadow :snake: :wario:
49: Mekos :lucas:
49: Ish :wolf:
49: DJ Jack :snake:
49: Kadaj :marth:
49: QuikSilver :zerosuitsamus:
49: Rafa :snake:
65: NEO :marth:
65: KillLock :snake:
65: Z :pikachu2:
65: Kingtoon :toonlink:
65: Coney :dedede:
65: Player-1 :diddy:
65: DRN :zerosuitsamus:
65: Roller :popo:
65: Sago :samus:
65: Zero Tay :zerosuitsamus:
65: Reflex :wario:
65: Fino :olimar:
65: Takeover :snake:
65: Zex :marth:
65: Fatal :snake:
65: Ikon :popo:
65: Kiraflax :pit: :rob:
65: Ryo :ike:
65: Mikekirby :kirby2:
65: Mike Ray :snake:
65: Seagull Joe :wolf:
65: Zeton :fox:
65: Trump :fox:
65: Keitaro :falco:
65: Kain :wolf:
65: Negga :diddy:
97: Pink Fresh :lucas:
97: Slikvik :wario:
97: Logic :olimar:
97: Fliphop :diddy:
97: V115 :zerosuitsamus:
97: Dapuffster :diddy:
97: Red-X :ness2:
97: YoshQ :luigi2:
97: DLA :ganondorf:
97: WTP
97: Quest :toonlink:
97: Ed :zelda:
97: LOE1 :wario:
97: Sky :wario:
97: Darkflame :popo:
97: Poyo :kirby2:
97: JPiscrazy :diddy:
97: M@v :falco:
97: Kurobi :snake:
97: Luckay :pit: :pit:
97: RJ :lucario:
97: Bleachigo :falco:
97: FAE :lucas:
97: Cable :dk2:
97: Jnig :wario:
97: Nekokatsu :gw:
97: Cheese :popo:
97: Pika Pika :pikachu2:
97: False :snake: :wario:
97: Desti :luigi2:
97: Malcolm :wario:
97: Inui :peach2:
REALLY?

BigWenz

Smash Ace
"He will barely make it to the bracket, he hasn't entered a tournament in a while".
I kept hearing that kind of stuff during the previous weeks, but I didn't stop thinking this guy would go fairly far.

I can't wait to see the brackets, but good stuff to Armada and Over, as well as leffen and Ice for teams.
Also, I'm a bit surprised to see that NamiNami didn't make it to the bracket. Oh well.
incase u were curious, NamiNami lost to vish in winners and then rockcrock in losers of his pool. if he would ahve beaten rockcrock he would have made it out.

Divinokage

Smash Legend

Really? To me he seemed pretty solid overall at the tourney.. however I beat him in R2 winners. Ganon/Marth is a long time favorite of mine.

Zhea

Smash Ace
This was my first international tournament and this was amazing, I got to play a ton of friendlies over the weekend and everyone was pretty cool.

Shout outs:

Dudeacockus: Dude thanks again for housing all of us, you got run ragged. Also stick with it man! If that is how good your Falcon got in 6 months then ****, keep going! Also goddamn falcon dittos.

Strawhat: I really hope you and your girl end up moving here. You're an awesome dude and I hope you don't stay retired forever. I know you weren't happy with your placement, but looking at the others in 25 I think you did pretty well. Also next time we meet, BO5 M2K challenge, loser cleans up.

Overtriforce: Good **** man, showing Madrid is not to be slept on. If they do a donation drive next year to get you over here again I will definitely put some money in. Oh and drag Stawhat along if you can.

S2J: Thanks for MM me, your falcon is so god damn fast. Hoping next year we have 2 Falcons in top 8.

Pi: Your Samus was really good, hope to see you next year. Hopefully you won't 4 stock me next year.

Hungrybox: You know what Hungrybox? You're a pretty cool dude. You'll get them next time. Also who the **** won Ninja when we left you at iHop?

Gravy: Man Flaw wasn't kidding about you, your falcon is good. Hopefully we'll get to play again if I can drag my *** over to Rochester.

Bluigi: There will be a rematch next year!

TriadProdigy: I don't know man, it could go either way.

Plup: Jesus christ your samus is scary. I don't think I landed more than 40% in any of our friendlies.

Ryukyu: Oh man 9 pancakes for $1.

Blubba: A true hero among men. There needs to be a rematch for that 6v6 link crew battle.

KoRo, Wizzrobe and everyone else who was at Dudeacockus: GGs, hope to see you next year!

Eggm: Thanks for playing some friendlies on day 2 while waiting for red. Your fox reminded me why I thought fox is a worse matchup for falcon then falco.

PP: I don't think anyone was expecting what you did in GFs. Looks like Europe paid off. Good **** dude.

Tope: Thanks for the advice during the match. I don't I would of won, but I choked so hard. However I saw the run a train on this ***** vid the night after and had I saw it before that match I might have fallen off my chair laughing when you told me not to be nervous.

The Apex Crew: Good stuff guys, seemed like their were 800+ people there this year, and you managed to keep it all running smoothly. Also don't feel bad about the projectors, **** happens.

See you all next year.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Yo shoutouts to everyone who chilled with the FBC

Special shououts to:
DLA
Asa Akira
Alex Strife
GP
All of FL

And even more special shoutouts to those who chilled with us outside the venue
Roller // YooooOoooo
Kaylo
DC
PikaPika
Pheonix Lord
Any other Pika's i missed who got drunk with us.

Admiral Funk of the S.S. Pimpin
and of course everyone whos down with the FBC

oksas

oak-sauce
with a few exceptions, i kept a list in my little pocket notebook of all the people i played/money matched. so i'll flesh that out later

Djent

Smash Champion
Despite traveling and visiting with relatives for most of the weekend, I watched the stream for 12 hours on Sunday. This is truly a glorious tournament series and I will be glad to chip in some $ to replace stolen equipment. Despite some minor complaints, Alex Strife has once again shown himself to be the most reliable host for Smash Bros.

Zinoto

Smash Lord

Shoutouts!

1: Salem :zerosuitsamus: ($3,285.00) - Wow, I am sort of speechless after this tourney. You are an amazing player and played really well. I think you may cause a couple people to pick up :zerosuitsamus: lmao. Good stuff all the same and keep it up ;).
2: CT EMP Mew2King :metaknight: ($1,642.50) - Glad you didn't give up, you were so close. I love seeing you on point, so much fire.
3: Otori :metaknight: ($722.70) - Pleasure watching you play. Next time we have to MM.
4: Nairo :metaknight: ($394.20) - NAIROOO!!!!! Keep yo head up, Salem may have taken this one, but we all know that the fight is nowhere near over. Power through NJ in the coming months. Maybe one day I'll make it to you in bracket as well xD.
5: Anti :metaknight:($164.25) - I know I challenged you to a MM, but I was honestly scared to go through with it lol. Every time I see you play a :diddy: it's such a shut down, it's almost depressing lol. Next time tho, I'll man up ;).
5: Mikeneko :marth: ($164.25) - Your :marth: is amazing, congratulations on 5th.
7: Mr. R :marth: ($98.55) - Next time I'll show you how a real :diddy: plays against :marth: ;)
7: Dabuz :olimar:($98.55) - One of these days lol. I'm gonna learn this MU and beat you next time. You better watch out son!
9: Dojo :metaknight: - GGs in doubles, next time we gotta MM or something. See what that Gnes practice did for you ;)
9: Zero :metaknight: - Keep your head up too. There are plenty of other opportunities and you are a fantastic player.
9: DEHF :falco: - Your :falco: is amazing. It wasn't even a MU thing, you were just straight up better lol. We should play some more next time.
9: 9B :popo: - That IB gimp was insane lmao. SO good.
13: ESAM :pikachu2: :popo: - I had you pegged to win this one lol, next time ;)
13: Rain :metaknight: - GGs, our set was sooo close. Next time I got you ;)
13: Ally :snake: :metaknight: - Back to the lab. The practice from playing you every tourney is showing lol. I'mma beat you soon though, you better keep it up.
13: Vinnie :popo: - :) I'm really impressed by your :popo:. You are such a smart player. please keep it up.
17: ADHD :diddy: - Not your day, you gotta keep practicing. Everyone's improving and eventually they will be on your heels.
17: Suinoko :diddy: - OMG you are amazing! You are such a safe and smart player and I learned a lot from playing you. I am so glad I got to meet you, hopefully you can make it back out to the US.
17: Zinoto :diddy: - Scrub :glare:
17: Havok :snake: :metaknight: - Nice getting to meet you, we should friendly some time.
17: Pwii :metaknight: - LoF!!!!!!!!!
17: Kakera :metaknight: - You are an amazing player as well; hopefully we get to play some time.
17: Nakat :popo: :metaknight: :fox: - Thanks for all the support :) You guys are fantastic and really good, I improve so much every time I come down to your region.
17: Tyrant :metaknight: - ;) Good seeing you again man. Come back to MI sometime.
25: Seibrik :metaknight: :wario: - We should play next time.
25: Bloodcross :metaknight: - Nice seeing you again.
25: Earth :pit: - Fantastic set, you are by far the best :pit: I have seen and played.
25: Shaky :ness2: - You gotta show me why :diddy:-:ness2: is even.
25: Atomsk :metaknight: :dedede: :wario: - Good seeing you again <3, still amazing as always.
25: Denti :olimar: - I completely underestimated your skill in the MU. I'll be prepared next time tho so watch out ;) Thanks for teaming as well, I had a blast :)
25: Leon :marth: - Next time we gotta play.
25: Nick Riddle :zerosuitsamus: - Lol it's amazing how much you and ESAM are alike. Nice meeting you :)
33: Koolaid :metaknight: :pit: - You are really good lol. I hope people don't sleep on you, or else they'll be in for a rude awakening.
33: Waymas :warioc: - Fantastic :warioc:. OoR players are impressing me every day.
33: Vex :dedede: :gw: - VEX!!!!!!!! I am in awe every time I see you play. You are so technical it's almost disgusting. You also released the monster within Salem, got any advice for me lmao. Nice seeing you again, until next time :)
33: Abadango :warioc: :olimar: - Fantastic :warioc:. Hope to see you again.
33: Mike Haze :marth: - You were really good in crews. We gotta play sometime.
33: Rich Brown :olimar: - Great set, next time we play there might be a different outcome, so I'll be ready ;)
33: Fow :metaknight: - FOW-san ;). Amazing job in dubz. Next time we're at the same tourney I'll MM you. I'm more than likely going to Genesis 3, so see ya some time lol.
33: Tinman :olimar: - That MM with Otori was crazy lmao. Good seeing you again.
33: Xzax :falco: - Your set with Nairo was insane lol. You've really improved since Youma, can't wait to play you again.
33: Razer :snake: - Damn you are good at the :diddy: MU. I went from like 0 to 100% in like 5 secs lmao. Hopefully we get to play some time, I really wanna see how I would do against you.
33: Bizkit :snake: - We should play some time.
33: Lie :diddy: :metaknight: - Thanks for all the advice man. You should definitely come to more tournies, people sleep on you, but you are an amazing player. Until next time.
33: Tearbear :metaknight: - Nice meeting you, next time we should friendly or something.
33: MVD :snake: - Wow, fantastic play from you. I was really impressed. Too bad we didn't get our MM in.
33: MJG :toonlink: - Dat spike lmao. Good stuff in dubz, I was looking up at the projector thinking "wth is a :toonlink: doing in LFs" lmao. See you at Outrage.
33: Chudat :kirby2: - Nice seeing you again Chu, maybe one day we'll get to play.
49: Attila :metaknight: - Sadly we didn't get to MM, next time tho.
49: Dekillsage :snake: - GGs in dubz. Next time we should friendly.
49: Luigi-Player :diddy: :dk2: - LP!!!!!! Glad I got to meet you. NJ is hard as hell lmao. It's ok, live and learn :).
49: Asa :olimar: - Good seeing you again :) Glad you got your card back.
49: Will :dk2: - You are so fancy lol. I love watching you play.
49: Pelca :falco: :metaknight: - GGs, you are really good. Hope to play you again some time.
49: Kairo :olimar: - Great :olimar:. Hope you come back to the US.
49: Shadow :snake: :wario: - Glad I got to meet you :)
49: Jbandrew :metaknight: - Nice seeing you again man. Had the crew in full force lol.
49: Jtails :metaknight: - Nice meeting you, next time we should MM.
49: Mekos :lucas: - So glad I got to meet you. You are a fantastic player in both singles and doubles. I learn a lot from watching you and ESAM in dubz, keep that up ^_^
49: Ish :wolf: - Didn't get to meet you, next time :)
49: DJ Jack :snake: - Nice meeting you :). You're really tall lol.
49: Kadaj :marth: - Didn't get to meet you, next time :)
49: QuikSilver :zerosuitsamus: - SO many good :zerosuitsamus:. I can't fathom it xD
49: Rafa :snake: - You're a really good :snake:, hopefully we get to play.
65: NEO :marth: - People sleep on your :marth: too. You are extremely good and I wish we could've friendlied.
65: KillLock :snake: - Didn't get to meet you :(
65: Z :pikachu2: - GGs, there isn't much representation for :pikachu2:. Keep it up :)
65: Kingtoon :toonlink: - We gotta play sometime. I haven't even played MJG yet lol.
65: Coney :dedede: - GGs in dubz it was fun :)
65: Player-1 :diddy: - Thanks so much for the support this weekend. People sleep on you, but you are definitely up there with the rest of us, if not better. Let's continue to evolve this character and i agree........:olimar: beats :diddy: *shoots self in the head*.
65: DRN :zerosuitsamus: - CHAS!!!!!!!! Good seeing you again. You are really good lol, I was getting wrecked in some of those friendlies lol. Hopefully you and Hunter can make it out to a MW tourney. I'm definitely gonna hit up a AL/GA tourney before the summer comes around.
65: Roller :popo: - Thanks for the support this weekend. We gotta get back in the lab lol.
65: Sago :metaknight: :samus: - Sucks you had to play DLA in losers.
65: Hinkage :metaknight: - You are really good. I watched your pool and was really impressed.
65: Zero Tay :zerosuitsamus: - Wow are set was close. Time out Game 3 lol. Hopefully we get to play again sometime.
65: Reflex :wario: - LUIS!!!!!!!!!!! You are always fun to be around lol. Good seeing you again ^_^
65: Fino :olimar: - Nice seeing you again :)
65: Takeover :snake: - What region are you from lol? I saw you in doubles and was really impressed since I had never heard of you.
65: Zex :marth: :metaknight: - Next time we should friendly :)
65: Fatal :snake: - Same with you ^_^
65: Ikon :popo: - GGs and thanks for the compliment on my :diddy:, but ADHD is miles ahead of me still lol. I'll get there though :)
65: Kiraflax :pit: :rob: - Your :pit: is really good.
65: Ryo :ike: - Oooooh, first set of the day was hype as hell lol. Close set with NAKAT, don't sleep on him tho. My boy is gonna be back twice as strong.
65: Mikekirby :kirby2: - You look a lot like Chu lol.
65: Orion :metaknight: - Fantastic :metaknight:, I definitely wanna play you next time I'm in NJ.
65: Mike Ray :snake: - GGs in our seriously or w.e that was lol. Fun time ^_^
65: Croi :metaknight: - Nice seeing you again :)
65: TO Joe :metaknight: - Aggroknight all day baby :cool:
65: BJay :metaknight: - Lol ADHD learned the nana lock, you gotta stay alert ;)
65: Smurf :metaknight: - Good :metaknight:, keep it up.
65: Seagull Joe :wolf: - Nice seeing you again Joe, until next time.
65: Zeton :fox: - Your set with Razer was amazing, too much hype for the first match of the day lmao.
65: Trump :fox: - So many good :fox: players lol.
65: Keitaro :falco: - LoF Z :cool:
65: Kain :wolf: - Dat :zerosuitsamus: lol. Everytime there's one at a tourney, you always play it lmao.
65: Negga :diddy: - I didn't think you went to offline tournies. Wish I could've met you. You were playing when I was a wifi monster in 2010 lol.
97: Pink Fresh :lucas: - Nice seeing you again and ggs in dubs.
97: Slikvik :wario: - Didn't get to meet you, but next time :)
97: Logic :olimar: - Curse your character lol. Can't be giving out free passes to :diddy:. We'll take it and run like hell with it lol.
97: Fliphop :diddy: - Nice meeting you :)
97: V115 :zerosuitsamus: - Nice getting to see you again Vishal. Shake this one off and keep it going.
97: Dapuffster :diddy: - :diddy:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
97: Red-X :ness2: :metaknight: - Sad you had to dip early.
97: YoshQ :luigi2: :metaknight: - Nice seeing you again :)
97: DLA :metaknight: :ganondorf: - Good to see you again too :) Sucks playing Sago in losers.
97: WTP :falco::dedede: - Lol I added character usage for you ;) Thanks for driving Kevin. I've got your cash whenever you wanna get it.
97: Quest :toonlink: - Was looking forward to playing you. Next time ;)
97: Ed :zelda: - Wish we could've played. I've played practically all the other :sheik: lol.
97: LOE1 :wario: - Good stuff making bracket, but NJ is another monster all together lol. Back to the lab :cool:
97: Sky :wario: - You are so freaking hilarious lmao. I loved your commentary and your personality in general. Don't change man, the smash community needs a breath of fresh air :)
97: Darkflame :popo: - Didn't get to meet you.
97: Poyo :kirby2: :metaknight: - Awesome :kirby2: hat lol.
97: JPiscrazy :diddy: - Keep it up man, your :diddy: is pretty good.
97: M@v :falco: - You are getting there, keep improving man ;)
97: Kurobi :snake: - Nice :snake:. Keep it up.
97: Luckay :pit: - Nice seeing you again man. Apparently people call you AJ, that seems a lot better than calling someone luckay all the time lol.
97: RJ :lucario: :metaknight: - Thanks for keeping things ran smoothly. I had a blast :)
97: Bleachigo :falco: - This LoF representation. It's too much!
97: FAE :lucas: - GGs in our MM. It's a hard MU most definitely.
97: Cable :dk2: - Good :dk2:. Keep it up.
97: Jnig :wario: - Good wario, hopefully we get to play sometime.
97: Nekokatsu :gw: - Didn't get to meet you either :(
97: Cheese :popo: :metaknight: - Nice meeting you :)
97: Pika Pika :pikachu2: :metaknight: - Giving Roller that :pikachu2: practice lol.
97: False :snake: :wario: - Thanks so much for the support this weekend. I'm not gonna give up!!!
97: Desti :luigi2: - Didn't get to meet you :(
97: Malcolm :wario: - Amazing :warioc:
97: Inui :metaknight: :peach2: - ;) Nice seeing you again Inui. NJ is so stacked smh

[/SIZE]

Shoutouts to Alex Strife and his crew for making it this the best (and first) National I've ever attended.

Shoutouts to LoF, MI, and the :diddy: bros for all the support this weekend.

Shoutouts to me having to play all the top :olimar: at this. :salt::salt::salt::salt:

Shoutouts to Suinoko for being amazing and giving me advice in my weaker areas of play.

Shoutouts to all the cool NJ people.

Shoutouts to my scarf :cool:

We out.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Good **** Alex Strife, this tournament started off pretty bad from in an organizational sense, but by day 3 this thing was running smooth as hell. The sheer size of the tournament prob. had a lot to do with that. In all honestly, you and your staff did an amazing job pulling this epic **** off, hats off.

Shoutouts a little later.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
why are there 40 mks, and not 40 of any other character?
Why does it matter?

The game has been out for about 4-5 years now. The fact that people are still complaining about MK is ****ing pathetic in my eyes.

Stop being a ***** and deal with him.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
been a nintendo fan, i kinda wish every character was just as good
Sorry, but Brawl's cast of characters is terribly balanced. It's difficult for every character to be viable.

Unless the metagame evolves in a way that makes more characters viable.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
:zerosuitsamus: is broken.

MI has known this for a long time, and people are finally starting to realize this.

:denzel:

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Anyone know who darc lost too? I saw him play zhu in winners and was seriously impressed/sad that zhu made a comeback. But I wouldn't have expect him to place 25th in a 128 man bracket, good ****.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
incase u were curious, NamiNami lost to vish in winners and then rockcrock in losers of his pool. if he would ahve beaten rockcrock he would have made it out.
Thanks for the info. It still quite strange, though, and I'd be curious to see the bracket because one of the likeliest scenario would demonstrate a flaw in this bracket system.
From the original, he would have beaten Knut before losing to Vish. In the other winners' semi, Copycat would have beaten Rockcrock, creating a losers' bracket with NamiNami and RockCrock on one side (+ a few other players like you), while Copycat and Knut were on the other side. Knut and RockCrock won, making it to the bracket. But it also means that despite winning against those who made it to the bracket, Copycat and NamiNami were eliminated. This kind of scenario can happen in regular pools, but here it doesn't give them the opportunity to play against those who take their spot in the bracket.
In short : if my assumptions are true, it's (in my opinion) another argument against this system.

Really? To me he seemed pretty solid overall at the tourney.. however I beat him in R2 winners. Ganon/Marth is a long time favorite of mine.
Well, we haven't seen him at a European tournament since... 2009 ? The financial situation in Spain + the fact he prefers NTSC, I guess. But all those I asked thought he'd be mad rusty.

Edit : Also, I way this set on the stream. Good stuff, you looked really good.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I can't believe people are still *****ing about MK even though Salem just won... by running through a lot of GOOD MKs

wow.

Anyway this tournament was the best smash tourney in history and I'm so glad I got to be a part of it. Shoutouts later

Top Bottom