• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
Yeah I tried today to and the blasted thing won't turn on. Brand new fresh out of the box and got a defected 3DS.
Yeah the one I checked out walmart was that way too.

The one at Gamestop though operated fine and I have to say the graphical capabilities far exceeded my expectations given the screen shots and such I had seen. SSIV looks amazing in 3-D. 3-D in general looks very nice though the "sweet spot" thing, that will take getting used to.

I'm going to wait until the game actually comes out. By then any problems with the new hardware should at least be noted if not addressed and all the games I'm looking forward to I can get whever I want lol.

I'm really looking forward to this game.

random side note: What's up with the new look on the boards?

Nvm -.-;
<fool.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Yeah this is definitely going to be the high standard for 3ds games for me. I can't wait to play it.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Looks so good. I am a bit disappointed in the fact that they didn't put much work into Ganondorf or Zelda. Still, Chance of me buying before: 100%. Current 200%

Yes, I will buy 2.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Yeah that was an older rumor. Also:
[collapse=NEW OoT 3D IMAGES!]

[/collapse]

tera twin

Smash Journeyman
For some reason, I thought Malon was Romani from Majora's Mask and I got excited that they were remaking Majora's Mask as well.

Spire do you think you can format the images? It kind of stretches the page.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Beautiful pictures! Hypes it up more for me, hopefully only a couple more months until expected release.

The fishing picture, meeting Saria in front of the Forest Temple picture, and getting sucked into Jabu-Jabu picture all have very awesome detail.

Spire

III
BRoomer
The fishing pic looks like he's in an entirely new area, even though it's probably the same fishing hole. That's a fantastic example of how beautiful this remake is. Also, check out the box art in the OP. Around the four corners of the image we see the ocarina and Sheik's lyre repeated as if they are of equal value. Seeing as how there is new content in the game (confirmed by Miyamoto), might Sheik's lyre be of any more importance than the instrument used to teach you the songs? Never before has the harp been given a spotlight, but now it appears on the box. On top of that, a similar looking instrument is seen being playable in Skyward Sword. Might some of the new OoT content be added to specifically tie into Skyward Sword's lore? Since OoT is a distant sequel to SS, perhaps they'll take this opportunity (since the games' release dates are only months apart) to update as much continuity as possible. After all, that is Aonuma's approach to the series - to string together every game into the canon.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Much better than I expected them to look. I'd be surprised if this game isn't sold out a few days after release.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
So when we get a remake, does the new game have priority over the old when it comes to figuring out the timeline?

Ecks

Smash Lord
Man I am so looking forward to this game. I haven't played OOT in forever and I refuse to do so unless it's OOT 3DS

Gatlin

Nice job with the compare-contrast pictures!

Gotta admit, I have mixed feelings about some of them, it isn't all definite choosing for the 3DS pictures. For starters, I definitely like the N64-version of the Ganondorf encounter in front of Hyrule Castle. Like others have said, his and the horse's appearances just look more dark and evil, as well as the atmosphere. Link also seems to have more of a surprised/fearful stance, which may be present in the 3DS version as well, such as if the pictures were just taken at different intervals.

Secondly, I like the N64-version of Jabu-Jabu, due to more detail given, such as the roof of the mouth, and the shading to the teeth. Not much of a downer though, seeing as that is such a small scene anyways.

I also like the inside of the Temple of Time on the N64 version, the 3DS version looks a little "too" clean, such as if you take a look at the pedestal for the Master Sword, as well as the walls of the temple.

Small, nitpicky things, nothing to over-exaggerate about. Everything else is definitely in favor of the 3DS, the Master Sword itself, the inside of Dodongo's Cavern, the inside of the Deku Tree, and the fishing picture, which again is fantastic in detail, all look great.

tera twin

Smash Journeyman
Secondly, I like the N64-version of Jabu-Jabu, due to more detail given, such as the roof of the mouth, and the shading to the teeth. Not much of a downer though, seeing as that is such a small scene anyways.
I thought of that too and was going to add that to my post but I didn't want to sound like I was nitpicking at all the bad things.

Gatlin

I thought of that too and was going to add that to my post but I didn't want to sound like I was nitpicking at all the bad things.
Haha, don't worry about it. I am really not one to complain about small things such as that either, especially since there is quite an abundance of awesome improvements already that make up for anything bad I said. I wouldn't even go as far to say they were "bad", either.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Judging by Ganon's face in the remake, I'd say he's had a terrible day. lol

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Nice job with the compare-contrast pictures!

Gotta admit, I have mixed feelings about some of them, it isn't all definite choosing for the 3DS pictures. For starters, I definitely like the N64-version of the Ganondorf encounter in front of Hyrule Castle. Like others have said, his and the horse's appearances just look more dark and evil, as well as the atmosphere. Link also seems to have more of a surprised/fearful stance, which may be present in the 3DS version as well, such as if the pictures were just taken at different intervals.

I also like the inside of the Temple of Time on the N64 version, the 3DS version looks a little "too" clean, such as if you take a look at the pedestal for the Master Sword, as well as the walls of the temple.

Small, nitpicky things, nothing to over-exaggerate about. Everything else is definitely in favor of the 3DS, the Master Sword itself, the inside of Dodongo's Cavern, the inside of the Deku Tree, and the fishing picture, which again is fantastic in detail, all look great.
Seriously I was going to post exactly this.

Except that the Deku Tree needs to look more like a tree from the inside imo.

Spire

III
BRoomer
1. Why would the plot be any different?

2. Who cares?
Oh, I meant who cares about figuring out the timeline. I know a lot of you do, but it's obvious that the creators themselves barely give it much of a thought.
You know that when it comes to discussing Zelda on the internet, you really are in the majority, right? I care so much less about the timeline now than I used to, but I'm still interested to see if they change things ever so slightly for the sake of continuity. It's already been confirmed by reviewers that the text is 99% the same throughout the game, so don't expect the story to change. However LT, you cannot deny that Skyward Sword is being deliberately created as a prequel to OoT, WW, and TP. We know for a fact that it predates OoT on the timeline, and seeing as how it hosts elements similar to those from WW and TP, it's not a far cry to assume they're trying to tie these four titles together. Oh, and then there's MM which they may attempt to tie in as well.

Remember the little intro at the E3 trailer last year? We saw Link riding on Epona (OoT), Majora's Mask, Link on the King of Red Lions, and Wolf Link (and Midna?), followed by the introduction of SS's Link. It's as if they're setting up a reverse lineage schematic where all the 'future' Links we've known derive from this one Link somehow.

On the topic of OoT 3D, I have a feeling that it'll be amazing on all counts, but the nostalgia for the original will ultimately capture those of us who grew up playing it in our youth.

LLDL

Smash Hero
I wasn't too impressed with Ganondorf either. Still, it's Ocarina of Time for DS. People, Including me, have wanted this for the ORIGINAL DS, so I'm happy with whatever they dish out.

Top Bottom