• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Power Rankings #5.00000001337 (4/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alzi

Smash Master
See luke has actually told me more info.

Everyone was telling me Ted has won two tournaments in a row. If thats the case of what luke said then yeah i would also be having in my mind of moving ted up espially if he does better then shaya does on other people.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Didn't ILAG make a MK combo video where he dair'd a bowser bot up the side of Yoshi's Island(?) (The one with the slope and pipes)

EDIT: Maybe you should co-sign all the future NSW PR releases Alzi. I think the panel could use someone with your talents.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
See luke has actually told me more info.

Everyone was telling me Ted has won two tournaments in a row. If thats the case of what luke said then yeah i would also be having in my mind of moving ted up espially if he does better then shaya does on other people.
thats because everyone knew what they were talking about, but you didnt, you just came in and starting argueing without a clear picture of the situation, and nobody bothered to explain it to you because it was none of your buisness in the first place.

Alzi

Smash Master
Yeah why can't everyone be like luke and put some sense into me so i don't look like a idiot at times. >_>

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
probably because you need to man up and be responsable for your own idiocy, and its not 'at times'

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Teds last victory over me before the last two tournaments was in October guys...
Other than the last two tournaments last time he outplaced me was at the November stigma...
:S

tedeth

Smash Master
Clearly Metanova is the one with the Triforce of wisdom. He one day hopes to be freed from the dark land of Sadelaide and its overlord DJ Downy, whos will is bent on trying to create a smash scene so dumb that he fits in. :p

Shaya if you look at sets though it's almost always 2-1 between us. Final placing isn't everything. Anyway, as I've said before, no point discussing it yet.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
nah if he had the triforce of wisdom he would have already gotten out of there, he gets either the triforce of power or courage (possibly both) for being able to endure all that for so long.

anyways this whole ted over shaya thing will clear itself up by the time we are set to update again

True Romance

Smash Ace
To be fair to Alzi, the east coast did the exact same thing to us in regards to Vlade vs Ric lol. I'm not saying he's not an idiot I'm just throwing it out there :p No one should comment on a states power rankings that's not their own.

And besides Shaya VS Ted is irrelevant, as it's only a matter of time till Scabe is number 1.

Alzi

Smash Master
I have triforce of courage i have the courage to stand up and say what i believe is right.

And yeah ffs kane is right some of you guys commented on our rankings then now when only i comment everyone goes mad. I'm actually going to give up now since i know what i am saying is right anyway.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
To be fair to Alzi, the east coast did the exact same thing to us in regards to Vlade vs Ric lol. I'm not saying he's not an idiot I'm just throwing it out there :p No one should comment on a states power rankings that's not their own.

And besides Shaya VS Ted is irrelevant, as it's only a matter of time till Scabe is number 1.
the whole east coast? no, just a few people, no need to include some of us better people in that ;)

and yes, it is only a matter of time.

as for you alzi, you get the triforce of ***********, you cant come in and say all this ****, get proved wrong, admit your wrong, and then change your mind and say your right and so smart, maybe there are a few more things you should give up.

True Romance

Smash Ace
the whole east coast? no, just a few people, no need to include some of us better people in that ;)
Yeah sorry to over generalise, but at least two of the people telling Alzi to mind his own bizz in this thread were doing the same **** in our PR thread.

But let us all rejoice he's banned again!

Gords

Smash Champion
Alzi. You don't know the nsw scene nor do you know the way the NSW PR panel works.

I like the way the panel here decides the order of our PR. It is not just based on tournement placing and specific player vs player Mach ups between the PR member as your arguments suggests you think it is or should be. They also consider a players current attendance (both here and in I interstate and national events), there general performance against all members of the other PR players in NSW and performance against OoS players. They also look at the current performance an compare it too other current performance. Key word current.
Perfect eg for this would be toby's current position. His drop is more a result of not attending a lot of recent tournaments to prove he is still worth such a high ranking. When in reality he probably still posesses the skill to be ranked 3-4th. However because of his lack of attendance in tournament he has droped but still remains on the rankings since his skill is still recognized for being at that high level.

In regards to Ted. I believe 2 tournament wins at the Current time is enough to establish that CURRENTLY Ted is the better player. Reasons being that Ted has attended more tourneys than shaya OoS and has proved himself there to be highly skilled by winning those tourneys. Teds previous and current position on the rankings as in most part been a result that shaya has beaten Ted regularly in tourneys. But that is the only player Ted has really lost to since Rocky. Shaya's performance since then shows him losing to other players such as earl. This shows that Teds general performance has been better than shaya's but with shaya beating Ted so often didn't warrant the #1 spot. Ted now has beaten Shaya twice in a row in tourney and over multiple sets which shows that Ted is worthy of the top PR spot in NSW even if an updated PR list was made today.
And I predict that Thriller will demonstrate this perfectly with Ted placing higher than Shaya and Shaya losing to players Ted will have beaten.
I wouldn't be surprised if Ted actually won thriller, actually I'd put money on it. Although shaya has the ability to win thriller And I would likewise would be surprised but I wouldn't put money on it.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
aren't tibs attila and earl going to thriller
thats your 1st second and third right there

Gords

Smash Champion
My prediction for thriller Top 5 positions in no particular order

Ted
Earl
Shaya
Tibs
Chris
Atilla

I also predict Shaya losing a set to tibs in but tibs losing to Ted.
Chris placing no higher than third losing to Ted and either Shaya or tibs.

But hey. I could be wrong

C~Dog

Smash Champion
1. Earl
2. Ted
3. Tibs

After that i'm not sure of Attila, Tibs, Chris or Shaya. Scoot might have a shot too, I hear it is very close when he plays Shaya and Ted so this time he might pull it off.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Wait till I time out every one of those 3 with MK with under 10 ledge grabs.

Oh wait, meta knight dittos..
ickey.

and by ickey
I mean
EPIC.

Oh, and guys, thriller hype should be in the thriller thread :D

tibs7

Smash Champion
If I actually played this game as much as others I'd would never lose. True story C:

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
If I actually played this game as much as others I'd would never lose. True story C:
Probably still play muuuuuuuuuuuuuch more than me. I play about once a fortnight, when Shaya offers a night of drinking with him and Toby. So even that doesnt end up being much help. T__T

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
As long as I get back on the ****ing PR go for it. Also East Sydney would dominate 4 person crews. You know this to be true.

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
Yeah and Toby, who uses Pokemon Trainer. Now all anyone has to do to beat him is a) pick up a semi decent character (looks like everyone is pretty much set except for scabe, soz) b) understand that PT is actually **** c) win. Thanks for letting the side down you stupid ****ing **** ****. Play a better character and stop being so ****. Now if people would follow this simple guideline I'm sure Toby wouln't make it out of pools at Thriller.

Edit: Explain ea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom