• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Hunter Valley Smash - Back in business!

Zero

Smash Hero
Yeah, Sam may have lost the last two tournaments, but he won't lose on home ground. Especially with the mad cheerleader squad I've composed for us.

Zero

Smash Hero
It'll most likely be a big communal train ride, like last time, if I recall correctly. All drivers were from the Hunter, acting the middle man between my house and Newcastle. I think ACT crew is bringing a carriage and you might be able to hoist with them.

swordsaint

Smash Master
Ted, how are you getting there?

If anyone is driving, I'd like to hitch a ride.
If you're getting a train, I'd like to hitch a ride. Just tell me the stops and I'll meet you at a station. <3

But, yeah....It might be difficult.

Bjay

Smash Lord
Bjay wants to come?

Awesome!

I thought maybe laziness would impede your attendance :chuckle:
Hahaha! :p

Well I'm personally hoping it'll be 26th cause 12th is during Easter, and it would also be a month's worth in advanced notice. ^^

swordsaint

Smash Master
I don't mind either date. Only the 12th get's me out and away from my family. :p My brother had a kid last year and I'm not a kid tolerant person. :p

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
19th might actually be a pretty cool date and solve some problems.

Surely ted doesn't have fencing two weeks in a row.
Surely shaya won't have some uni **** up his her *** two weeks in a row.
Surely toby won't have to do... whatever he's doing two weeks in a row.

SURELY.

(No seriously, I like it.)

Gords

Smash Champion
@zero

i here its your birthday today andrew,
Happy Birthday.
and see you at animania

Zero

Smash Hero
You're going? :O Hope to see you there. In Religion now, will text JRum to give me the number of the hall so I can confirm the details. So far it's looking like:

• $20 entry fee
  • No doubles
  • Melee is a double elimination
  • Brawl is a single round robin with a double elimination for the top 16.

More later, teacher's haunting my back.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
$20 entry? Why does Brawl get special treatment? What's the point of anything after single round robin anyway?

Zero

Smash Hero
$20 because hall hire needs to be taken into consideration, to our detriment. Brawl because it is the dominant game of most players. And ties can occur in a single round robin.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
So have tiebreakers. lolwut

And even with hall hire, $20 is pretty ridiculous. How much of that 20 is going to the pot, and how much is for the hall?

And tbh, even as a Brawl player, I'd like to see more Melee in tourneys.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
So have tiebreakers. lolwut

And even with hall hire, $20 is pretty ridiculous. How much of that 20 is going to the pot, and how much is for the hall?

And tbh, even as a Brawl player, I'd like to see more Melee in tourneys.
You'd have to consider the fact that a larger number of the population who will be participating at the will likely prefer Brawl to Melee. Zero's just trying to keep Melee, but giving it a smaller time slot so it doesn't bore the people who would much rather stick to Brawl.

Oh and happy birthday Zero. :)

Jazz77vivi

Smash Journeyman
$20 because we've had a change in venue. It's a bit of an extra walk from the station, sorry, lol.

we'll have all the details within 24 hrs time

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
e_alert, you must have no idea what uni is all about.

It ***** you in the *** every week, every day, every hour, until the semesters over then you have like 8 months break.

Also, be better if you just made pools, 1 for each television (or if theres an abundance of tvs, 2) and then seed a double elim bracket from that. Accurate results ftw.

Also, happy birthday smash child.

S.D

Smash Master
Still skeptical on the Round Robin system, would need to see it to believe its effectiveness i think.

Anyways Andrew has contingencies based on resources so I'm sure we'll eventually come to the most practical solution.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
lol Shaya, I've never been to Uni, so I definitely don't know, sorry to say. D:

J Rum - That sucks, man. Although I think $20 is really pushing it, regardless of the venue fee. Absolute max of $15 imo, especially with everyone traveling so far (travel expenses + food/misc expenses + tourney fees = at least $60+ or so being spent just to attend this thing eugh).

Meteor - I guess I can understand that, but if I recall, basically everyone voted earlier for Melee+Brawl. IMO even if you insist on focussing on Brawl, the ratio shouldn't be so one-sided, with the current plan Brawl gets at least 3x as much exposure as Melee. Possibly cut Brawl's double elim to even it up? That would make the ratio a bit more balanced and also add extra free time (leeway/friendlies wewt).

Also, happy belated birthday, Zero, in addition to my awesome happy birthday the minute you turned 17. Double-happy birthday! :D <3

Jazz77vivi

Smash Journeyman
Lets just have both, people who wanna play either can do that

(It's obvious I've never attended a tourney/meet before isn't it, lol)

Anyway, Zero says that the hall is booked for the 12th of April. He just needs to fill out paperwork and such, lol

Top Bottom