• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Hunter Valley Smash - Back in business!

Yodha

Smash Cadet
Alex: apologies for not getting back to you - been a busy week doing studies.

Be good to catch up with you guys up the hunter way, Newcastle is worth the visit :)
Hopefully on a saturday/tuesday.

Let me know, am keen for Melee meets. And maybe Pokemon/Magic/3DS/Computer games on the side.

*Edit: Forgot Kirby Hugs (>^_^)> <(^_^<)

Melancholy

Smash Ace
Wow, kids be coming out of the woodwork now. Who's next? Milo, where you at?! Could this be a resurgence of the once proud HV smash scene???

Have to say I'm more than a little rusty myself. Must be at least 6 months since I turned Melee on last, I miss playing regularly.

Melancholy

Smash Ace
Alright I feel like playing smash again.

Can I get some numbers of who would be keen for a meet at my place in a couple weeks, say the 24th?

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
went to a place on hunter st called downforwardpunch today. They run brawl tournies with a weird ruleset (FD unless both players agree) but it was pretty cool.

would recommend

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
yes, pretty easily. They might get into trying to get better, hard to tell. I'll probably try to pick up sf4 and be decent at that so I'm not there just for smash.

No melee, but they might be keen for it since it's pretty idle most of the time (there's a bunch of setups). There was someone who was interested in Project M as well. I'll probably go again next Sunday but it's sorta awkward to get there train time wise.

Traveller

Smash Rookie
Hey guys.

Is there any friendly comps coming up that any of you are organizing? I live out at Toronto and wouldn't mind getting into playing some Smash more regularly. It'd be good to try and get better.

reallyfastcar

Smash Apprentice
I'm from the Cardiff area, I actually have a solid location for tournaments of a night time.
I'm keen to get into brawl, I've always just played smash 64.
Is there an online community where people can play together?
I have dolphin and everything and I'm keen for some games?

reallyfastcar

Smash Apprentice
Cheers!
Thanks for that. I don't really like brawl I just wanted to get decent at it incase the new one is similar.
Haha that's cool, I actually own the driving range there haha. Building a newcastle gaming scene and having tournaments of a night time is a somewhat goal of mine.

S.D

Smash Master
You own the driving range? Hectic.
There was a small smash scene for a while, but I think most moved to Sydney for studies or away for work.
At this point I wouldn't invest time into Brawl for the sole purpose of transitioning to smash 4, it will be vastly different. My advice would be to learn melee/PM as they are and will continue to be the dominant smash titles even after the release of smash 4. All the fundamental concepts will transfer over either way.

Top Bottom