• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Elysium's Sydney Tournaments: TITLE TOO LAZY TO EDIT - TED

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
1. google
2. not while it was in beta, you're forced to update when you use it tho
3. yes, but there was a discount if you preordered while it was in beta

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
But I wanted to see if my new strategy for the Falco matchup will work =(

If you're implying that you're working on Sunday, fair enough; but if it's a lack of money stopping you, just ask if anyone's prepared to chip in a few dollars for you to attend. I'm sure it shouldn't be too difficult to get $20-30 together, if that's all that's stopping you attending.

cheese619

Smash Ace
Yeah, I have $0 in my account at the moment and as far as I'm aware, nobody else from ACT is going to the tournament. Which means I'd be taking my car (which eats a ton of petrol) with no-one else to chip in for petrol. So it'd easily cost me $100 which I don't have.

cheese619

Smash Ace
I really wanted to get some games in with Ted, ZXV and Imperfect in melee as well because it's hard to get Sheik experience in Canberra.

cheese619

Smash Ace
Oh last time everybody chipped in and I love the ACT melee scene, but I don't think anybody from ACT is attending this.

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
Not even Luke? I'm pretty sure he'd be there, considering he and Ted are the TOs

ImperfeCt

Smash Apprentice
Well I have been away for like 3 months and then there is the whole living vicariously thing they are prone to doing. As for gambling aspect, I basically lived off
of the money I won each week at poker so I'm ot fussed about that.
Truth is I do wanna come with you guys I just dont think I should. I like chilling with smashers outside of smash, there's no pretentiousness and no one thinks I'm trying to steal their girlfriend and stuff me into a clothes dryer. Ahh damn these dreamy eyes and classical good looks.

:phone:
So does that mean you're driving up from the Gong by any chance? :D

planetstereo

Smash Ace
Well after much deliberation i have decided that i really cant attend. Common sense prevails i guess. I have no money on account of having travelled for the past 3 months straight. I dont currently own a car on account of having to pay for travelling the past 3 months. I also have family and friends that will abduct me for catch up time on account of me being away for the past 3 months. (Seeing a bit of a pattern emerge here?) However, i will most certainly be up for smashing at my place some time soon. Possibly within the week.

PS: Also, reading back through this threadI just want to say to Dre; Never Stereotype!! ....I'm the only one aloud to do that.

PPS: Shoutouts to all, currently using wifi in London Heathrow Airport. Just thought you should know.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Actually, money's something I haven't been thinking about. I'll need to check up on this with my parents because it has potential to be a problem for me. :-/

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Stereo has his own planet.

I feel like space trash in comparison. :-I

Anyway, for the tournament, my dad is driving me down, but he has a soccer game around the time we'd need to be going there. It might work out, but in case it doesn't are you guys ok to do melee events first?

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Luco- I saw your post a couple of pages back about me, so thanks.

Invisi- Are you still picking people up from Redfern on Sunday morning? If it's still cool with you to pick me up what time do you want me to be there?

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
Yea, I'm still cool to pick you up. Be at Redfern at 10:30, just wait at the exit on the bridge (not the exit at the lights). I'll be sure to wear my Akubra so that you can identify me =)

I can't remember whether I gave you my number or not, so in case I haven't, it's 0433344661

If anyone else wants a left, post here before Sunday morning. I have at least one space left in the car, probably 3 (depending on whether I'm taking the 5 or 7 seater)

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Yea, I'm still cool to pick you up. Be at Redfern at 10:30, just wait at the exit on the bridge (not the exit at the lights). I'll be sure to wear my Akubra so that you can identify me =)

I can't remember whether I gave you my number or not, so in case I haven't, it's 0433344661

If anyone else wants a left, post here before Sunday morning. I have at least one space left in the car, probably 3 (depending on whether I'm taking the 5 or 7 seater)
Ok cool thanks, I already have your number.

I have no idea what an akubra is though.

Hopefully my Gengar shirt shal do the trick.

I've only been to Redfern once and it was like 3 years ago, but I remember it being not too big, and I'm guessing there's only two exits, so the bridge exit should be too difficult to find.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Oh I know what those are I just didn't know the name.

Well if you wear one hopefully I won't confuse you with some random bogan passing by.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Weeee I get to be a comet! Or saturn. Either way....

Anyways: It looks like I won't be there until... Possibly 1, but most likely 2. If it runs until... 6, maybe... Will that be enough time to have the brawl events in?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Btw Invisi I haven't played brawl in ages and only just picked back up again a couple days ago so if I seem really bad at the tournament then it's just me being super rusty. :-I

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
it does suit pit, though not in the way you think.

my face hurts from hitting it so hard

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Okay, so if this thing is going until late-ish, then it's alright if brawl events can start later (approx. 2 o'clock)? Pretty please? *puppy eyes*

Top Bottom