• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Elysium's Sydney Tournaments: TITLE TOO LAZY TO EDIT - TED

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I meant brawl events, not melee... But if the tourny goes until like 9 then won't it work out? Otherwise I may be out of ideas. :-/

I just mean, it will be impossible to get there before 1, and 1 is a stretch. If nothing else can be done, any chance I can jump in to singles/doubles or will I miss it?

ImperfeCt

Smash Apprentice
My train arrives mascot at 11:18, so i'll be at the venue at about 11:30, hopefully that's not unacceptably late so I can still play in the tournament?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Aww you don't have a dog? I wish you could meet mine...

Or do you mean Koromaru in particular?

Well guys, it's just about midnight here, so i'll jump off. I'll check it in the morning, but basically, if you can wait for me, that would be amazing and i'd be truly grateful. If you can't, that's ok, and I understand, so don't feel bad if you have to cut the time down. Whatever happens, if I miss out this time, there will always be another. :)

*waves*

Hopefully see you all in the morning hehe. :D

@Leisha: Ahh ok then. :p

Ahh, then enjoy the time you have with the older one now. Mine's 6 atm, but he still acts like a pup *laughs*

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I see I have a following now.

I suck at brawl and main Bowser so I'll have to rely on my personality to give the people what they want.

The koopa's champion is here.

:phone:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Weeee! Looks like i'll get there at 12 or 12:30 rather than 2, so with luck, my brother and I will get in to those brawl events! :-D

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Wow guys, thanks for an awesome tournament! It was great seeing old faces and meeting new ones, and the atmosphere was pretty electric. Even though I didn't go all that well this time (not playing in ages really shows), i'm really happy with the turn-out generally and I look forward to seeing both the results and the videos. ^.^

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
EA I was told you would upload all the recorded sets. If you do can you let us know when you do and where to find them?

Thanks.

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
Great tourney guys, I just got home and I'm so exhausted right now. Was nice to see everyone, and meet a few newcomers too. I look forward to seeing all the matches that I missed, and learning from my own matches.

Dre - great to meet you. Perhaps, since you live so close, we should catch up at some point for more brawl =D.

Luco - always a pleasure. Don't think I really need to elaborate on that =)

EA - always a challenge. Still kinda annoyed that I ran out of steam in our second singles set, but I'll definitely be ready next time.

Lux - my gosh, WHEN DID YOU GET SO GOOD!?!? Seriously, last I remember you were at my house, just getting into the scene, and all of a sudden you pull that out! I'm still in complete shock.

Zxv - So close! Next time, I promise ;D

And everyone else - Great seeing you all, and meeting the newcomers. Definitely looking forward to the next one! =D

EA I was told you would upload all the recorded sets. If you do can you let us know when you do and where to find them?

Thanks.

Chances are they'll be here http://www.youtube.com/user/everalert

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
dshout outs -
one of mhy gloves - **** yoyu for going missing during this frerezing ****ing cold, i'[m having to rely on a ****ing SOCK to keep my hands warm. screew you. I hope you're found and then ripped aspart like the piece of crap you yare. i'm lying please come back the other glove misses youj.
luco - seem a lot calmer thasn you were a few months ago which is nice to see :) didn't get to play you at all, but i did at least get to do so against your brother. next tiem?
invisi - ****ing rolls and spot dodges :( be more patient with what you do in the air (although you have the right idea offstage for the most part!)
pogo? (I think it's pogo?) - Kirby is so lame. Almost as bad as ICs. I was able to do so well against your oli due to you not really having the timings down on when to use olimar's absurdly broken defensive mechanics. I shouldn't really ever be able to freely cross over you with something not fast fallen after hitting your shield (DAT UP SMASH), a lot of grabs and stuff were done without such timings in mind too (you shouldn't try to grab me when I'm not 'in range' when I retreating aerial your shield). Put effort into reading people's jumps, dash up smash is stupid (you would often try grabs [when you weren't being pressured to shield] when a dash usmsh would have hit).
tom - stop letting me get juggled man :(
gords - why wouldn't you take my petrol money?:(
ted - why is wario's grab twice the length of dededes?
aaron - i barely got to see you let alone play with you :(
aron - why play melee when brawl is so amazing? also let me get onto the stage.
ea - Ice climbers are soooo LAME. Please stop inducing massive stress on myself and all other marth players in the history of the universe.

I think I was at the tournament for like... 8? hours and played like 3 sets. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY (I only wanted to play like one set or so and be there an hour or two :<). I'm sure one day we'll figure out how to resolve that.
gg in all the various friendlies I played, for everyone else who I didn't play - just gotta ask me :).

luxingo

Smash Journeyman
Lux - my gosh, WHEN DID YOU GET SO GOOD!?!? Seriously, last I remember you were at my house, just getting into the scene, and all of a sudden you pull that out! I'm still in complete shock.
Haha thanks. I've improved mainly by playing brawl a lot (against australian wifi players on mmgn; that's where I first met Dre).

Invisi, Sam, Enemy, Silvr, Dre, and others who are interested, the Duelist game with Snakes that I showed you actually has its own thread. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=237117. This video of Japanese players is interesting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyZmSDiotUE, and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82f-ZT76IeA is a different version with Americans.

tedeth

Smash Master
Results:

Brawl Singles Pro Bracket:
Top 3 lazy and split with Tedeth in GF, Shaya vs Zxv LF.
4. iKill
5. EA
5. Luxingo
7. Invisi
7. Summoner

Brawl Singles Amateur Bracket
1. Luxingo
2. Invisi
3. EA
4. Summoner
5. Pogo
5. Sam
7. Luca
7. Enemy
9. RJA
9. Jesse
9. escro
9. Gords
13. Dre
13. Silver
13. Didier

Melee Singles:
1. Tedeth (Won WF and Zxv was too scared for rematch so GF was played in Project M)
2. Zxv
3. RJA
4. Imperfect
5. Gords
5. Sleeping Eggs
7. EA
7. Summoner

Brawl Doubles:
1. Tedxv
2. Lux?!
3. iKill + Jesse
4. Invisi + Sam
5. Pogo + Summoner
5. Enemy + silver
7. Didier + Luco
7. escro + Gords

Melee Doubles
1. Tedxv
2. Sleeping Eggs + RJA
3. Gords + Imperfect
4. Shaya + Summoner
5. iKill + Jesse
5. EA + Invisi

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yeah, i'm surprised my brother and I went so bad in doubles... Next time.

I also have to practice so I can finally beat invisi again. You beat me every time with pit so I need to get better so our matches can be those ones where everyone goes silent in anticipation. :p

iKiLLOTz

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts to EA and ZXV for not playing project M for our tournament matches

and shoutouts to Ted for playing project M in our tournament matches

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
you're welcome champ

also word up the grapevine is invisi has the best jiggs ever

it was a good tournament

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
This was my first tournament in Sydney and I have to say I had a wonderful time. I'd love to come again. Melee needs some more love though. Brawl gets too much of it it seems. There should be a recording setup for both games. =D

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I came close with your jiggs in friendlies actually. I just got your ICs but I think with a little preparation I could possibly get your jiggs. Pit will take more time though. :p

It was nice to see that i wasn't reflected in PKT2 nearly as much as last tourny though.

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
We have had a mid-tier before that I can remember, but this is my first low tier tourney. I must say I prefer low tier - it gives me an excuse to use Jiggs in tourney =P

Top Bottom