• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Elysium's Sydney Tournaments: TITLE TOO LAZY TO EDIT - TED

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
How do the amateur and pro bracket splits work? I don't understand

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Winner of amateur bracket got their entry fee back.
Top 4 from amateur bracket were put into the 'pro bracket', with 4 of us who weren't eligible for the amateur bracket (myself, ted, zxv and iKill)

DeLux

How do you determine who is ineligible for amateur bracket?

Toby.

Smash Master
I now expect a wolf main. >.>
Good guess! I mained wolf back when I used to go to tournaments regularly. Ted and I had a lot of famous ditto matches (that were on youtube for a fair while before my account got suspended for uploading anime episodes >_>).

Then Ted picked up Wario and I drifted to Marth/Metaknight. Fun times.

Oh and of course I used pokemon trainer for friendlies on occasion.

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
Good guess! I mained wolf back when I used to go to tournaments regularly. Ted and I had a lot of famous ditto matches (that were on youtube for a fair while before my account got suspended for uploading anime episodes >_>).

Then Ted picked up Wario and I drifted to Marth/Metaknight. Fun times.
That reminds me of the time that we did an Indiana Jones stunt under the closing shop door, and then went swimming and then threw a coconut off the balcony. Pity there was a tournament in between two of those events.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yeah, luxingo you surprised me with your skill. Even trying to step it up i couldn't beat you, so nice job. I'll train so we can have some close matches next time. ^_^

I remember the mid-tier tournament - that was my first tournament ever and I seem to recall going okay in both mid and all-tier (for my first time, I mean).

Man my tournament days fog up in my mind until they become hazy days of awesomeness with a couple random moments as the main highlights... Thanks for letting me come to my first tourny guys, I don't regret it. :-)

As for what shaya said, yeah it's true I was calmer, but that may be because i'm getting used to the tournament system and not running around frantically trying to figure out what the heck is going on haha.

@Toby: Ahh, awesome that I got a right guess hehe!

EA, i'm really surprised my ness went better against you than my Lucas. I'll look in to both lanes...

Just a couple comments for the first-timers that i met/played:

RJV: I was surprised at how good your peach was! It made me hard to find ways to get combos. What brought you down is that you used the same approaching strategy almost every time, which I eventually found ways over and managed to get in the combos. Otherwise, though, you're doing really well IMO, and our matches were tough ones. You were my first match against a peach (although I met another main at wollongong but never got to play her) and it was a most interesting experience. ^^

Dre: The same deal with you, for a first-timer I was taken aback by the aggressive Bowser that you played. Again, your strategy got repetitive at times, but Bowser's raw strength made up for that and I found myself being killed at 60 or 70% with some of your stronger moves that you pulled out occasionally (which did mix it up a bit actually). In general though, your Bowser is progressing really well and i'd love to see you keep maining him because, i'll tell you a secret: We don't get enough low-tier mains here and it's worth the variety! :-P

I guess now i'm really hanging out to see the vids. EA, don't feel pressured, but I will murder you if you don't get those videos up in the next 3 days.

Kidding! ^_^

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
I guess now i'm really hanging out to see the vids. EA, don't feel pressured, but I will murder you if you don't get those videos up in the next 3 days.

Kidding! ^_^
He's not actually kidding EA, you know this as well as I do. Also Luco, Toby mains PT; he doesn't play Wolf (to my knowledge). Sorry to spoil your fun Toby.

luxingo

Smash Journeyman
It's 2.

Foxy vs lux hype match next am bracket.

Lucos post freaked me the **** out.
>_>
Zxv: So how does it feel not being able to go in the amateur bracket again?
I'm sure someone said it's 1 as well...

Ted, what have you been telling Nova about me?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I'm gonna enter the brawl bracket next time as ganon and stomp the **** out of all of you
whatuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Luco- Thanks for the criticism. I was trying to play more defensively because aggression is generally assocciated with newer, naive players and even though that's what I am I'm trying to break out of that mould as fast as possible. My approach tends to get repetitve because often I autopilot if I'm annoyed at SDing or at losing a stock because of a wrong input (which happens a lot because of my poor tech skill, eg. when I sidebd into your Ness' neutral b) and I basically just give up.

DeLux

Yo I'll beat FIOD
I have all the TL experience I'd ever want or need >_>

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
For those who haven't noticed, EA uploaded the vids this morning. http://www.youtube.com/user/everalert

Well done getting them all up so quickly EA, and thanks; I know we all appreciate it.

EDIT: Looks like he's not quite done yet, didn't realise there were so many recorded. Extra props to EA

cheese619

Smash Ace
I'm gonna enter the brawl bracket next time as ganon and stomp the **** out of all of you
whatuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
F***, well, now I have no hope of ever becoming good at brawl. Looks like I'll just have to play Melee and Project M instead :D

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I think he fell into it while using SideB
Ahh the first one was pretty cool, but the one or two times I got him after that were mostly wrong button presses on his part, so they weren't that spectacular after the first. Still, he did really well, and it was only luck that gave me the hits each time on neutral b.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Yo if anyone could help me identify what brackets each set was from that would be great. Message me here (not YT, I never check there) with the link to the vid and saying what it's from.

I would assume they're all amateur sets but I'm sure there are some friendlies mixed in there.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hmm? All of mine were amateur, yea. I can give you the link if you want but as long as you know they are all amateur then it's good. :)

Gords

Smash Champion
Foxy vs lux hype match next am bracket
bull cricket, next time i will actually play well and take my revenge on foxy for beating me in the last amateur finals.

on a side note; on sunday night my thumb was in agony, what the hell did i do to it at the tourney.

EDIT: oh wait it must have been that b@sted

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
My thumbs AND my wrists were hurting after that! XD

Top Bottom